NEurope
Cube

Christmas - Decorations, Plans and All Sorts of Other Jolly and Festive Things.

We're a week into December and we already have a Christmas purchases thread, so it's about time we had a general Christmas thread.

Today I unpacked my tree and...well...

QGUpb.jpg

It's all bent, it doesn't stand up straight, one of the plastic rings that hold the "branches" completely disintegrated so there's a whole set of branches missing. So I'll be needing a new one.

Still, someone likes it.

Well, big plans include: seeing friends I've not seen in the UK for five years; eating a full English; eating gypsy tart; eating a Cornish pastie; eating Wine Gums; buying a years' worth of clothes in MacArthur Glen in Ashford; buying books and DVDs that can't be found in China; plenty of long walks through the countryside; spending time with my sisters; playing with the cats; opefully have a father-son talk with my dad...

...basically all the stuff I can't do during the rest of the year in China.

I think your cat decoration would look better at the top of the tree, Cube.

My plans include working on Christmas day so returning home for a late Christmas dinner (5ish) which my parents are kindly holding back for me. It's my dad's birthday on Christmas eve but I think I'm still working that day despite requesting it off. We'll probably find some time to go out for a meal or something. I'm off on New Year's Eve though so hopefully I'll be doing something exciting for that!

The Christmas tree has been put up downstairs (maybe pics later) but I already have my main present (parents gave me money towards the Wii U) so it'll just be little things from the step-siblings and a few bits from other relatives.

Posted our tree on Facebook last weekend:

1445_4533073239215_1910501685_n.jpg

Yay for tree! We also have some Christmas lights in our living room, going across our tv furniture. Yay for lights! =D

My plans for this Christmas = going home to Belgium from the 20th to the 26th. Will have our lovely Christmas dinner and presents on Christmas Eve, as is tradition in our family. =)

I think Jim and I will do our dinner + presents on the 19th or something, as he isn't going to Belgium with me. So I get two Christmases, yay! =P

Once mine is up, i'll post a snap of it. Probably not putting it up until next weekend, for some reason my parents don't put it up until a week or so until Christmas.

Today I unpacked my tree and...well...

It's all bent, it doesn't stand up straight, one of the plastic rings that hold the "branches" completely disintegrated so there's a whole set of branches missing. So I'll be needing a new one.

Still, someone likes it.

Without the picture and the Christmas context, this is weird.

what is wrong with me...

On topic: I hate Christmas decorations. Especially when they are blue and silver (sorry Eenuh :p ).

grinch.jpg

My mother likes to make decorations and some of them are actually kinda nice. Maybe I'll take some pictures when I'm back home :)

Christmassy stuff :D

483420_10152306194140144_1528638916_n.jpg

20496_10152306194310144_1370431913_n.jpg

There's also paper chains in the dining room and lights in the bush outside :)

EDIT: My percy pig advent calendar, as seen in the photo, is AWESOME. Tasty raspberry chocolate and the illustrations are lovely.