NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Far Cry 3

I just looked on GameFAQ's and the mission I've just done was mission 12 of 40...

Didn't realize there would be that many missions to do.

My god, there are so many procedural, interactive elements in this game that it's overwhelming. Just distracted and lured two outpost guards with a tossed rock before shooting the door of a tiger pen and backing out of a crevice in the wall, finding a perch atop a hill and watching the mayhem unfold.

And then the Tiger came and mauled me to death, despite all my careful planning.

Completed the main quests last night.

Second Island stuff really happens fast, and it's a good variety of missions too.

Enjoyed Doppleganger where you have to sneak through a base to retrieve a uniform.

The Radio towers get more complicated the further you go. I admit I was stuck on one for quite a while before I found out you have to parachute onto it from a nearby cliff / mountain.

Just got towers and bases to do now. got 4 more skill tattoos to unlock, which I'm hoping I'll get enough XP to unlock by doing the remaining towers & bases.

I decided at the end to save my friends rather than join Citra. I figure you've just spent X hours playing the game trying to get them all back, so what a waste it'd be to not save them.

Really incredible game.

For me - Far Cry 3 is game of the year! i love its exotic climate like in Far Cry 1, its storyline and graphics. I totally recommend.

Finally got around to playing this properly yesterday. It's really good! Once you find a few animal hides and open up the number of weapons you can carry it becomes much better.

At first i was trying to stealth it far too much (which is all well and good but sometimes you have to just go for it with a machine gun), now i've worked out a good balance between stealth and carnage, it's a lot better.

Finally got around to playing this properly yesterday. It's really good! Once you find a few animal hides and open up the number of weapons you can carry it becomes much better.

At first i was trying to stealth it far too much (which is all well and good but sometimes you have to just go for it with a machine gun), now i've worked out a good balance between stealth and carnage, it's a lot better.

I loved the unpredictability of the wildlife. Like one safe house I'm trying the stealth approach (I think to unlock an achievement) then a friggin Tiger just storms the gates, rips 90% of the inhabitants to pieces, when he eventually gets taken down there are literally 2 guys left who are easily dispatched.

So good.

Not always helpful though, when climbing one of the towers re-enable the power, just hear growling below and see Komodo Dragons... No Pressure just don't fall.

I've yet to get Blood Dragon, I really should.

Definitely my game of last year. Absolutely loved this and was completely addicted to it!

The story isn't amazing but all the side missions/hunting was great.

There's something to be said for the realism of the game when I am reluctant to go into the sea because of my (real-life) phobia of sharks.

Anywho, i have most of the upgraded kit now after going on a hunting spree. I just need to find some damn tapirs...

I am the wildlife apocalypse!

Pretty much killed every living thing on the island now. David Attenborough would be proud.

Got this in the sale yesterday and am loving it. Only done a few of the missions but have already done loads of hunting and unlocked some pretty awesome weapons.

The bow is great fun!

The one thing i've noticed is that the selling shit for money gets pointless pretty quickly.

I mean, after unlocking a few of the best guns through the radio tower thingy, what is the point of the money? Just to buy ammo? Or paint camoflage on your gun? Seems a bit pointless.

Still working my way through this, have to say it's incredible. It's the first game in a year (and probably only the second in about 2 years) that I've managed to sit through for more then 20 hours and still have an urge to play it!

I really can't seem to get the hang of the stealth in this game. It just seems impossible to me.

I look at an outpost from every imaginable angle, and tag all the enemies, then try and work out which order to sneak up on them from, but as soon as i take out the first one, i'm spotted, or someone discoveres the body etc,

I was eyeing up an outpost the other day, trying to work out a strategy, when two carloads of blue guys turn up and start a gunfight. 5 mins later, i take out the one remaining enemy with a sniper and BOOM, outpost cleared without being seen. Awesome.

That, and the one time a tiger did it all for me are the only times i've done it without being seen. All the others i somehow trip the alarm and then find a nook to hide in and pick them off as they come to try and find me.

Throw rocks to lead the guards away. I managed to do most of it with stealth.

Also, get a sniper silencer, and pick off first the alarms, and then anybody who's way out of the way and won't be noticed for a while. And if I recall correctly you only lose the stealth bonus if you're actually spotted, so you can kill enemies in sight of others, although of course this is risky - however, it can work well for instance if you lob a grenade over a fence into a bunch of guards that you've previously tagged, then run away and make use of the quick crouch steath skill, and pick off the remaining guards while hidden, moving location regularly.

Disclaimer: I played on easy, so these strategies may just be nonsense on higher levels, but I feel I'd have a good chance with them.

I'm playing normal, so i think most of those are the same.

I did a few more outposts yesterday, and managed to do three of them stealthily, although one of them used a tiger, and one of the others was mostly by luck. I am getting the hang of it though.

Hilariously, i got attacked by a leopard at one point (that's not the funny part), and as i was fighting it off, it got hit by a jeep that sped past on the road. Very lucky as i was about to die!

How exactly are you supposed to use the mines and C4? I tried putting some C4 to create a diversion, but it didn't really work. Mines seem a bit pointless unless you know where guards are going to be walking??

Yeah, I never really worked out had to use mines or C4 successfully - I think they're both mostly about studying guard patrol patterns and so on, which I never bothered to do, mainly because you seem very vulnerable when placing it.

How exactly are you supposed to use the mines and C4? I tried putting some C4 to create a diversion, but it didn't really work. Mines seem a bit pointless unless you know where guards are going to be walking??

Stick the C4 to a jeep, get good speed up aiming at the centre of an outpost, dive out of car, trigger C4. Enjoy.

Hey guise, I just made it to the second island! This game is awesome!

Sign in to follow this