N-Europe

Treasure Working On Exclusive 3DS Title

Hero-of-Time

Just seen this on Gaf.

Veteran studio Treasure - the team behind the amazing Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - has confirmed that it is working on a 3DS exclusive.

Speaking to UK magazine gamesTM, Treasure CEO Masato Maegawa revealed the exciting news:

"We are making a new game on Nintendo 3DS now. Not multiplatform, but exclusive to 3DS."

When asked if it was an action title, Maegawa responded in the affirmative.

Founded in 1992 by former Konami staffers, Treasure's library of titles is packed with classics, such as Gunstar Heroes, Radiant Silvergun, Alien Soldier, Guardian Heroes, Bangai-O and Ikaruga.

FINALLY! They've been silent for far too long (outside of their re-releases)

I just hope that it's a new IP. As great as their output has been, they've been relying on sequels for far too long.

I wanna see what craziness they can conjure using the touch, dual screens and 3D of the 3DS! :D

A touch controlled vertical shmup would be freaking awesome! (With 2D graphics and gameplay on the bottom screen and then having depth factoring into the gameplay when the craft goes onto the top screen - ALA Xevious)

If not something like my idea, then something that will completely blindside me out of nowhere please!

Edited by Dcubed

Could be another real classic for the 3DS. I'm hoping for something in the style of either a) R-Type/Gradius, b) Xevious/Axelay or c) Metroid/Contra. I know none of those are Treasure, but I'm just trying to give broad examples. Treasure's own games can be a mixed bag, I feel. Whilst I loved Guardian Heroes, I couldn't get my head around Bangai-O Spirits at all.