NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Need For Speed Most Wanted U

I RUINED some of your times on Mud Bath. Ruined. RUINED, I TELL YOU.

Go look, it's all over Miiverse. ;)

What's that? What's my latest Miiverse post, @Fierce_LiNk?

'Specially for you, that's what!

(i spent far too long trying to beat that time)

Edited by Rummy

What's that? What's my latest Miiverse post, @Fierce_LiNk?

'Specially for you, that's what!

(i spent far too long trying to beat that time)

Goddammit, Rummy. :nono:

Thanks for that, Welshy. I've been waiting to jump on this for the right price. It's a great deal and even better seeing as it is still pretty hard to come by at full price, never mind at this price!

As I've mentioned on Miiverse ...

£14.86 over at ShopTo - time to buy if you haven't already!

Tempted but have games to play on other systems... what to do, what to do

Tempted but have games to play on other systems... what to do, what to do

BUY IT NOW! that's a brilliant price for a brilliant game and we really need to kick off the online racing on this again and losty my old pal you are the guy to do it.

Lol, well I guess if anyone could it'd be lostmario! Tbh if you haven't played it before/got it on another system then yeah I'd def recommend it for £15. Solid addition to the Wii U library methinks; and the online's quite a chuckle with a few of you! Admittedly I've only played it a few times, but I had fun!

Anyone fancy playing some online this saturday?

Don't we have an online gaming thread for that kind of talk! ;)

BUY IT NOW! that's a brilliant price for a brilliant game and we really need to kick off the online racing on this again and losty my old pal you are the guy to do it.

Lol, well I guess if anyone could it'd be lostmario!

Stop it!!!

All your kind words have made me order it now!

Had £1 reward points so £13.86 aint bad.

Now to get that weekly N-E night sorted.

Does this have local multiplayer where I can race my mates in the same room?

No it doesn't, but a 2nd player can take the Gamepad to help you out, like a co-driver.

Really glad I got this now. Took a while to get used to the handling as its completely different to Hot Pursuit but I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

Really glad I got this now. Took a while to get used to the handling as its completely different to Hot Pursuit but I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

Took me about 20 hours to get used to it... and even then I still not sure I did!

I never got used to following the courses... I think I prefer races where you know where to go...

I played a bit of this last night and the handling is really weird. The cars feel very heavy but when up push left or right too much then you end up crashing into the sides. I hope all the cars don't handle this sluggishly. Not a fan. Not a fan.

I played a bit of this last night and the handling is really weird. The cars feel very heavy but when up push left or right too much then you end up crashing into the sides. I hope all the cars don't handle this sluggishly. Not a fan. Not a fan.

Don't say that... I just ordered my copy!

It's probably just a question of getting used to it. I only had a quick go so once I put some more time into it i'm sure it will be fine...

I also skipped the whole EA account thing as I couldn't be bothered to set that up either. I will have to at some point though but only if I choose to play it online of course.

It's probably just a question of getting used to it. I only had a quick go so once I put some more time into it i'm sure it will be fine...

I also skipped the whole EA account thing as I couldn't be bothered to set that up either. I will have to at some point though but only if I choose to play it online of course.

I have an EA account as I played ME3 online on the Wii U. But I can't for the life of me remember what the account name or password was!

It is a question of getting used to it. I took me a fair few hours before I could blast around with confidence. Also the cars handle better the more stuff you unlock for them. Keep at it.

BTW, do the EA account thing even if your not playing online (just single player), they have the consistent/persistent leaderboards, which IMO is so cool. The jump boards, speed camera's, the race times are updated and compared to everyone on your friends' list immediately, it feels wonderful to try and best a Welsh speed race or an Edza jump.

What's the crack with an EA account. I logged in but never saw any benefit.

What's the crack with an EA account. I logged in but never saw any benefit.

It's just their own online account system. It's the same on all the consoles.

The first hour you are all over the place and crashing into everything, once you get used to the handling, it does get better.

I got it Thursday and was a bit unsure about it (handling etc) but by Sunday afternoon, I was having a blast.

Patience is key.

Got this last month. Pretty cool, not my kinda genre usually (last "realistic" racer was NFS 2 on cd-rom:heh:) Handling does indeed get better thanks to unlocks, though they did reset on me once, could get annoying if it happens frequently. Also some of the PRO versions seem to have to be re-unlocked if you don't equip them during the race, like the reinflates. But maybe these things just happen because I haven't created an Origin account (I feel kinda dirty creating one:heh:)

I put some more time into this last night and it still feels ropey at times but i'm starting to enjoy it a little more.

I spent a while just driving around and finding cars to unlock. I also started to smash some billboards up but some of them were driving me mad. I would do a jump, smash a board and then crash into lake/pond. When I did actually manage to clear the jump I smashed straight into a tree that was hiding behind the board! I just laughed. :D

I also had a LOL moment when I was racing. I ended up smashing into the side of a bridge just as I Love It started playing. Perfect timing. :laughing:

I do crash A LOT though. The game is stupidly fast and the view point used is a little closer than I like for racing games. Usually when playing the likes of Forza I have the view set further back so I can see more of the road.

I signed up to the EA online thingy and i'm now able to see everyone on my friends list times. It makes for some interesting competition and it's great you get a bonus for beating them.

I crash quite a lot too, it's a bit frustrating but I've come to accept that I'm just a terrible driver. I'm not very good in Most Wanted either. The annoying thing is with all the crashing is it makes me realise how awesome a new burnout woulda been instead, and makes me want some burnout!