NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Debug Mode

WORLD ENDS WITH YOU SEQUEL INCOMIIIING

HERE

The music, the font and the URL are massive hints.

Suba = Subarashii

Seka = Sekai

The Japanese title for The World Ends with You was "すばらしきこのせかい" which written in roman characters is "SUBArashiki kono SEKAi", translated to "This wonderful world".

EDIT: IF THIS GAME COMES OUT ON ANYTHING OTHER THAN 3DS I WILL TEAR MY BOLLOCKS OFF IN PURE ANGER KNOWING THAT I WILL BE IRRESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO ACTUALLY BUY ANOTHER SYSTEM TO PLAY IT RATHER THAN MAKING SURE I HAVE FOOD.

EDIT2: LET'S ADD MORE FUEL TO THIS FIRE.

Here's the music when there's 5 days remaining until reveal

Aaaand the music when there's 3 days remaining until the reveal

Edited by Debug Mode

Can they make the game playable this time? And make interesting characters, rather than 2 dimensional animu characters they had in the first one. Thanks S-E!

You've got to be shitting me. I'll slightly agree with you on the character front as there were very few characters I liked, but it was far from unplayable.

Got myself nearly 150 hours out of the first game, I'm loving the prospect of a new one.

I felt cross eyed playing the game, I can why people can enjoy it, but to me I felt the gameplay was a mess, half the time I was just scribbling and hoping for the best. They can stick to it, but they need to polish it up a lot.

I think the people having trouble with it were concentrating too much on being perfect at it, which is pretty hard/near impossible with the screen set up.

Over all, on a single screen basis, I had very little trouble with either of them. In regards to the bottom screen, a couple of pins were a pain in the ass, but a lot of it came down to using combinations of pins that each required very similar ignition methods. In regards to the top screen, it was very basic but that was pretty much required considering the set up.

But back to the earlier point about people trying to perfect it, what I mean by that is that they were trying too hard to simultaneously battle on the two fronts. I always interpreted it is "concentrate on the screen that has the puck", and never really found any problems. The only way to truly fix to that would be to have the console turned side ways during play.

Yeah, it's a remix of Calling for 3 Days remaining... it's real. YES! It's the only truly good thing (Dragon Quest not withstanding) to come out of Square Enix last generation!

This had better be for 3DS and not a shitty iOS game. The game was practically made for S3D presentation too! (what with the moving in and out of the screen that you got with the original game) And they could do much with having the 2 screens being of different sizes this time!

Also, no Jupiter, no sale!

Edited by Dcubed

This was basically confirmed many, many months ago, but it's great to see some news about this game. Can't wait!

The original is a great game. I will gladly consume another.

Kinda figured the Dream Drop Distance hinting meant we'd see The World Ends With You again at some point.

Hope the sequel is translated, but I won't be too bummed out if isn't. I can enjoy the inevitably GLORIOUS soundtrack in whatever language they dispense it in.

Edited by Guy

Hands down one of the best games on the DS for me. It had an amazing story, with many twists and turns, great characters and a fantastic soundtrack.

I can see a sequel working on the 3DS, Vita or even the Wii U. Given that the Wii U isn't out yet and Vita is bombing worldwide the 3DS seems to be the best option. Unless they make it for the iPhone or something....

This is AWESOME news :bouncy: I hope it's for 3DS or Wii U but I have a really bad feeling this might end up on PS Vita..

I wouldn't mind it being on Vita, as long as it's a sequel. My only problem is my lack of self control and skipping on nutritious meals for months on end as punishment for buying another system.

This is AWESOME news :bouncy: I hope it's for 3DS or Wii U but I have a really bad feeling this might end up on PS Vita..

The rumour is that it will be a mobile game.

I thought the clever dual screen set-up was just one of the many things that made the game stand out, so naturally I'm hoping this hits 3DS.

Not getting hyped before anything's confirmed though.

And yes, let Jupiter do the actual game-making again too.

COOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooming!

Something is COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooomiiiiinnngg!

The rumour is that it will be a mobile game.

That rumours stems from one of the logos on the main page is the logo for the mobile game social network 'Gree'.

Problem is, the same logo is used on other SE microsites for games with a different platform announced. I don't recall Versus XIII ever being hinted at for a mobile release..

For reference, the logo is this:

gree.jpg

You can see it on the bottom bar along with the other social networks to share the website with.

It could happen, it's just very unlikely considering the basis for the rumour.

LET ME GO GRAVITYYYY

3 days and 12 hours remain until we find out whether or not Square Enix are still feeling remake/port happy.

I did read somewhere that some data for one of the MP3 files had the title 'It's a Beautiful World 2' so does seem more likely to be a sequel than a port/remake.

I hope at least. I've got my fingers crossed anyway. Loved TWEWY, very refreshing take on the JRPG genre with a great art style and brilliant soundtrack (which I've been listening to a lot recently). Hopefully the art style and soundtrack remain as good this time around.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Arrange album incoming: http://store.jp.square-enix.com/detail/SQEX-10337

Also, it says iOS release in 2012... so I guess we know what the countdown is. NEW TRACKS FROM THE IOS VERSION. And KH3D arrange tracks.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/

Glimmer of hope?

Brian Gray said that there is more to the countdown.

Oh man, I feel so sorry for Debug Mode's bollocks... :shakehead

This was only the case if it turned out to be a sequel on a different device. But god damn I feel like doing it any way with this terrible idea!

Sign in to follow this