NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 24: Hours a day

Training cone players are generally agreed by us experts to be the best type of youth to have.

High form consistently will obviously mean a high average form, that is directly linked to a high DV and double jumps.

Hmm, now I've got another problem on my hands ( I guess). I've taken on the defender, so this means I've got 6 defenders. I guess that should keep me sorted for the rest of the season, but I had planned on spending this season pumping up the youth/the defenders I already had. I worry that this now means I'll have to rotate things a bit more than I would have liked.

On the plus side, if one or two of my defence get injuries or suspensions, it's not a huge issue now.

just incase your unaware, give your diva his favorite shirt number.

My original team had a diva in defence and he was one of my stand out players.

just incase your unaware, give your diva his favorite shirt number.

My original team had a diva in defence and he was one of my stand out players.

Yeah, I did that straight away!

You never know, this guy might become a beast. I'm thinking of playing some formations with 5 at the back this season, but I've never done it before. 5-4-1 seems fine, but I don't feel comfortable at all with 5-3-2 or 5-2-3. Can anyone with experience of these give me some ideas? 5-2-3 in particular sounds like midfield suicide.

Training cone players are generally agreed by us experts to be the best type of youth to have.

High form consistently will obviously mean a high average form, that is directly linked to a high DV and double jumps.

This is very much the case, training cone players are goldust I would consider a player one below my minimum of 18 4 19 5 if he had a training cone as they may well be able to make up the difference and save me training costs.

Intelligence is becoming my new second fave trait.

Yeah, I did that straight away!

You never know, this guy might become a beast. I'm thinking of playing some formations with 5 at the back this season, but I've never done it before. 5-4-1 seems fine, but I don't feel comfortable at all with 5-3-2 or 5-2-3. Can anyone with experience of these give me some ideas? 5-2-3 in particular sounds like midfield suicide.

Check out MilaGi's cup run I think he played 5-3-2 more than once, maybe if you combined it with long ball it may be pretty sweet?

This is very much the case,

Cheers mate!

Intelligence is becoming my new second fave trait.

Yeah agreed, especially for a playmaker.

5 defenders is the devil. You're no better than Roy Hodgson or Chelsea if you play 5 defenders. :p

gdl-spotlight1.jpg

First Spotlight of the season and we are diving down to the lower league for a rather unpredictable match.

Aussie FC vs Yellow Submarine

It will be the first match for Aussie FC a team that graces our league mysteriously with no connections to any member against Yellow Submarine one of the red hot faves to win the lower league.

Please predict the winner or draw.

The tiebreaker is this: Looking at their teams Ravehill and Lilywhite seem real threats for either side, how many goals or assists will these men get between them?

2-2 with 1 goal and 2 assists between them :p

Also, myself, Aqui1a and Milagi/Coloccini are still an alliance: The Midnight Riders!

Hmm, if my striker had better form, I probably could have won that. Tactics were good, I felt. 5 star rating.

Pleased with my defence and keeper. Thinking abut promoting my 22 7 as my first choice, and leaving my 32 8 as a back-up, since there's 10 years difference but only one skill level.

5 defenders is the devil. You're no better than Roy Hodgson or Chelsea if you play 5 defenders. :p

I did this today for my opening game and still got a 4 - 1 hammering. This season is going to totally suck for me, damn and blast.

Also I'm away for a month come september, long term development project is going to suffer...

Been away for the weekend so just caught up with the thread - @Haden 's first post is stunning. Great work!

Tactics SET! First time in ages. My team is in shambles, so the only way is up. Let's do this!

Your OP was absolutely epic, @Haden. A lot of heart went into it, clear to see for all. I want to thank you for your tireless efforts to keep my playing - I owe it to you to persevere here!

Thanks guys and it is epic to have you back J7 :D

Very pleased with win today got my tactics spot on but Leeds dominated in the 2nd half and I was glad not to concede, 3 points like that will be very important later! Next game is Seahawks so I expect nothing but will try and get a draw.

Conden is an epic player, played a blinder today with a goal to cap it off and I think we could have got another if he would have stayed on.

My other midfield youths are so far behind him that I am scared in a couple of seasons time he will be marked to hell but we will see.

I did this today for my opening game and still got a 4 - 1 hammering. This season is going to totally suck for me, damn and blast.

Also I'm away for a month come september, long term development project is going to suffer...

Been away for the weekend so just caught up with the thread - @Haden 's first post is stunning. Great work!

I would PM someone not in your league to be a part time manager as that is a longggg time!

Good luck Jay, i want to see you return to glory once more. You can do it!!!!.

Recall won 1-0 today, a good start with all the changes that have been made. The report for (which league i'm doing) will appear later today

Dan don't pm them to jayseven. Twice I went away and twice he forgot to do anything!

Happy with today. Doubt flank deserved to win.

Oh...fuck that then!

Yeah, I saw your result. Hmm, I'm sure that the midfield is much more important the defence in this game. It's where the battle is lost and won. No midfield = no possession = they get more chances than you, ergo they should score more. For that reason, I'm not too keen on playing 5 at the back. I may give it a try and see, because I'm sure it can be useful.

It's a shame that this game isn't "advanced" and would recognise the two full-backs in a 5-4-1 as possibly being wingbacks, so it could become 3-6-1 if you set offensive or something. It's a shame it's not dynamic enough for that.

I love how the opening round of games is in conjunction with the opening round of Premier League games, almost. Love X11 being back.

Chuffed with an opening day win :) unexpecteeeed

C'mon the baggies!

It's a shame that this game isn't "advanced" and would recognise the two full-backs in a 5-4-1 as possibly being wingbacks, so it could become 3-6-1 if you set offensive or something. It's a shame it's not dynamic enough for that.

I actually think that's more or less how it works.

I actually think that's more or less how it works.

Hmm, really? So, if I chose something like a 5-3-2 and selected "offensive" or even "very offensive", would it still be an attacking type of formation? Would the entire team be attacking? It seems too light in midfield for me and I don't think it would effectively be a 3-5-2. I'm not sure it works that way.

If you came across a 4-5-1 and you had a 5-3-2, you'd get obliterated in midfield, surely? Obviously it comes down to the players you play in that system, but even with two even teams, the 4-5-1 should be more stronger in midfield?

It depends how the 4-5-1 is playing I guess. I don't think it's as binary as playing 5-3-2 offensive = 3-5-2 normal but it does push your players forward. When I've played 5 at the back and offensive, I've noticed my defenders setting up/getting more goals.

It depends how the 4-5-1 is playing I guess. I don't think it's as binary as playing 5-3-2 offensive = 3-5-2 normal but it does push your players forward. When I've played 5 at the back and offensive, I've noticed my defenders setting up/getting more goals.

Interesting. It might be worth a go at some point.

I still worry about 5-3-2 or even 5-2-3 being under-powered in midfield. 5-2-3 in particular. Maybe with long balls that could work. It may be something to try when my defence improve in skill, I think it could be suicidal for my team. If I get relegated, I may try it in the lower league where there's less to lose.