NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Michael Jackson

Left Handed!?

With the revolution controller I think I'm gonna have to get used to using the nunchaku attachment in the right hand and the free hand controller in the left for aiming in FPS. I always thought lefties had it easier using standard controllers. Also in Zelda:Twilight Princess, Link is left handed but wouldn't it be a bit backwards swinging the sword with your right hand and the other actions as well. Games like Mario would probably be easier using the nunchuka in the left hand depending on how complicated the actions get. I guess we'll just have to see when it comes out but I think it'll be a bit awkward and will have to learn controlling using either hand depending on the game.

yeah i mentioned that a while ago, if they use the revo controller with the twiligt priness then how will it work if most people are right handed and link is a lefty. thats one reason why i dont think that theyre delaying the game. however i would like it if we could use the controller for swinging.

The controller is symetrical so that you can use it right or left handed. For games like Zelda though they could ask you what hand you want the sword in.

Nintendo didn't actually confirm you would be using the controller as the sword, did they?

yeah i mentioned that a while ago, if they use the revo controller with the twiligt priness then how will it work if most people are right handed and link is a lefty. thats one reason why i dont think that theyre delaying the game. however i would like it if we could use the controller for swinging.

I think there'll be a possibility to change that in the options menu, so Link can either be a leftie, or a rightie...

i was wondering about this the other day. there was a concept where you used 2 controllers 1 for the sword and the other for the shield. i wondered about the option of left and right. good ideas though.

Michael Jackson is a Fatboy Slim's song, ain't it?

Anyway... I haven't read what you've written but The Man is left handed.

PS.: The man can be both Link, and Shigeru Miyamoto.

It's not that hard to see you could use your right hand to swing the sword even though Link is left-handed...

Flick your wrist to the right and Link swings (yes, with his left hand) horizontally to the right. Vice versa for a left swing.

However, I'd much rather be pressing a button in combination with the analogue as we've been doing with the previous Zelda's, it'd just get annoying after a the novelty has worn off.

I think the controller being used as a sword/bat/weapon etc suits party games a little more, where you're friends are round and you're getting drunk and swinging it around for a laugh... on my own i'd much rather sit still and press buttons as opposed to flicking my wrist here and there.

Although bring on the FPS games!!!! Woo!!! Ha ha.

The Revolution controller and the nunchaku are perfectly symmetrical, there should be no problem for lefties :smile:

I think that there would be an option for you to switch hands,but if you have one control for a sword and other for sheild,how would you move,if you have twin sword which would be cool,how could you move with a control in each hand?

It's not that hard to see you could use your right hand to swing the sword even though Link is left-handed...

Flick your wrist to the right and Link swings (yes, with his left hand) horizontally to the right. Vice versa for a left swing.

However, I'd much rather be pressing a button in combination with the analogue as we've been doing with the previous Zelda's, it'd just get annoying after a the novelty has worn off.

I think the controller being used as a sword/bat/weapon etc suits party games a little more, where you're friends are round and you're getting drunk and swinging it around for a laugh... on my own i'd much rather sit still and press buttons as opposed to flicking my wrist here and there.

Although bring on the FPS games!!!! Woo!!! Ha ha.

Would be fun to play Zelda instead of going to the gym!

Imagine combining a dancemat-ish addon to decide how to move and the revo controller to use as a sword... MINDBLOWING!

Im left handed and couldnt operate a computer mouse with my left hand to save my life...playing computer games has never been a problem and i cant see why the revolution remote will be.

Ive never had a problem playing a FPS with a mouse (im a leftie), or controlling the DS in any way.

Would be fun to play Zelda instead of going to the gym!

Imagine combining a dancemat-ish addon to decide how to move and the revo controller to use as a sword... MINDBLOWING!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's going to be hard to hold the nunchuck with your right hand, it's mouldd to fit your left hand (it's basically the left analogue stick of the existing GC controller).

Yeah, it's symmetrical, just holding it in a left hand makes it seem fit for that, but it's not really.

You are not Michael Jackson!

You wanna bet? I am the King!

uh no. elvis was the king...

anyway, i thought that there was no confirmation about the zelda thing... it seems that somebody has taken a rumour and has just run with it.

Sign in to follow this