N-Europe

The Newsroom

Mr-Paul

6UQGY.jpg

Anyone catch the first episode of this the other night?

From the creator of the West Wing and The Social Network, has received quite average reviews, but on first impressions, I found it very entertaining.

It appears that they are using real world news situations (in the pilot they used the BP oil spill), will be interesting to see how the show develops, the cast seem strong, and as a graduate journalist, it made me geek out a bit :grin:

I've not watched it but all I've heard is it's average, misogynistic and this:

Anyway Paul apparently it's set in 2010 (and presumably will continue to be 2 years behind) to allow them to reflect/whatever.

Anyway Paul apparently it's set in 2010 (and presumably will continue to be 2 years behind) to allow them to reflect/whatever.

Wow that's ridiculous. Did he just write one script and then cannibalise it over and over again? No wonder the West Wing got progressively worse, it's because it was like watching a repeat....

That video is hilarious.

Still, despite everyone's scepticism, I reccomend you all watch it, and if you hate it, blame me :heh:

The only Aaron Sorkin thing I've watched is Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, which was sort of good/sort of really annoying and preachy? I don't know. It's not really helping me make up my mind on if I should watch The Newsroom.

Does this show not have a woman whose only only two defining traits are being perfect in every way and being a Christian? Because that would help.

Yeah maybe what happened was that the guy who replaced him panicked and just copied and pasted Sorkins script to write the last couple of series.

Maybe the problem was that he didn't copy and paste the same scripts. People go into Aaron Sorkin TV shows/movies with certain expectations.

"Why is he saying that? He's not supposed to say that!" :angry:

That video is hilarious.

Still, despite everyone's scepticism, I reccomend you all watch it, and if you hate it, blame me :heh:

I've watched plenty of Aaron Sorkin stuff and never been that interested.

By 'plenty of Aaron Sorkin' stuff I mean

, of course.