Tales (1): Rummy

Rummy (1): Tales

No Lynch (5): The Peeps, Sheikah, Marcamillian, DuD, The fish

Edited by Mr-Paul

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But we've already established i've not lied about anything i've said as its all been confirmed. Everyone will be able to see my involvement in the game now until i'm no longer here.

If there is a lie detecter amongst us.. I am not mafia. I am not neutral. I am town.

It seems Rummy can vote, Tales for whatever reason cannot? he doesn't want to say.

If your so paranoid Sheikah why don't you reveal your Name, Party and Power? and we all get more info to work with and you get someone new elected???

My power has been confirmed gmac. not just declared.

My move is i'm hoping for protection..

The town is leading the house.. We have the double vote.. We have the little extra i meantioned earlier that i haven't revealed.

By revealing my info the town has one less suspect to consider which boosts our odds, the only problem with this is when we have another townie confirmed because then our protecter can only save one of us. I'm hoping we can find at least 1 mafioso before this happens.

And now you want all protectors targetting you. You may be town, but you're going a bit overboard on this transparency thing in my opinion. You are as likely as mafia as any other player in the game.

You've avoided the point i made about not wiki-ing your character earlier in the game and trying to play dumb when questioned about it?

I'm starting to think you do have something to hide!

I don't see why this is a point. I did when I did and that's all there is to it. Seriously, there isn't anything more to it. I will be annoyed if you make anything out of it when I can't give you an answer because there isn't any. But I guess you will. Again, I did when I did and that's all there is to it.

I'm not sure where this is going, but I do agree that we need to be extremely careful who we elect. The double-vote combined with the removal of votes for other players could spell doom if we elect a mafioso. And in that situation I'm happier to elect DuD as the chances are he is good. I'd much rather elect someone that we know a lot about and who has come forward with information willingly than those who don't. At this point I'd say DuD is the only player 'confirmed' as townie, except perhaps Sheikah who is also coming across as good from his posts, so I'm much more willing to elect them than someone random.

I don't think it's entirely necessary today, but Elect: DuD and Vote: No Lynch just so I'm involved :)

Ok this has got me thinking more. The double vote DuD has applies to elections too? This is almost a self-sustaining loop he has of keeping power.

There's barely enough active players in the game to vote anyone else, and it seems that neither Rummy nor Tales can cast votes (hence '0').

Seems a bit rigged to be honest!

Incorrect. I knew a page or two ago why, after seeing that vote count, and my eyes were opened by yourself. I'm not currently going to point it out, but the answers are here in the thread.

It's a little curious that everyone seems to love DuD (no offence), but I'm guessing there may be two Mafia parties at work here given the theme - a government and an opposition.

I trust you, though I can't say why. I would make a plea for Leadership of the house, but I haven't so far because I'm not sure people trust me enough and it looks mafia-ish. I will say, and ask, that if you DO trust me, to elect me leader of the house, as I might be able to do us some good things.

And now you want all protectors targetting you. You may be town, but you're going a bit overboard on this transparency thing in my opinion. You are as likely as mafia as any other player in the game.

Despite my gripes with you, I'd agree with this and it's why I want to cycle the leadership. Too many eggs in one basket, and as someone mentioned despite the fact I hate getting meta, look what happened with Cube in Peepsville.

Posts like shiekah 's last one mean absolutely nothing.

Its the wifom thing Yvonne says.. You post that it implies if you die I'm linked to it so the town then lynch me and the mafia get two kills for one.

I know your new to this but surely this sort of thing is obvious?!

Its the wifom thing Yvonne says.. You post that it implies if you die I'm linked to it so the town then lynch me and the mafia get two kills for one.

Exactly what I'd expect the mafia to say ;)

Actually I did consider this, that the Mafia may choose to kill me to make you look suspicious. But it'd only make you look suspicious, it's by no means proof and I don't think Town would lynch you over that. It just make them all investigate you probably.

I think it's more likely that the Mafia would try to kill you and potentially fail than try kill me if you are town. Right now I'm not sure you will be protected as quite a few have spoken up that they're not completely happy with the current continued leadership.

Yeah posts like that only play into the hands of the mafia. Saying something like "If I'm killed to night we know xxxx is mafia!" only results in more false evidence. If you die, people say 'well xxxx is clearly mafia' and if you don't, you can come out and say 'well I still think xxxx is mafia and just didn't kill me because of what I said yesterday'. Either way it gives the mafia options to help make people look more suspicious.

Probably best if we don't talk much about what we're planning to do tomorrow or tonight. If we make plans the mafia know what we're doing and can counter it. Tomorrow we can talk about who to elect, but I would stress that voting for the wrong person could hand this game to the mafia. Still, this is a democracy so if everyone wants to elect someone new I'll go with it.

Nice and constructive there from Rummy [/sarcasm] as always ;)

Actually constructive there from Nintendohnut. Thank you :)

Theres only you (Sheikah), Rummy and Tales against my election at this point? Tales i'm finding suspect anyway and Rummy is that paranoid he'd probably doubt himself if his role wasn't given to him in writing! So yeah?

I don't mind if we elect someone else tomorrow or the day after or whenever, but I AM NOT gonna be helping to elect anyone based on a hunch with no info on them what-so-ever. Anyone wants to do this is HIGHLY suspect!!! Theres no way taking an unnecessary risk could possibly benefit the town?!

Rummy's earlier suggestion.. if you elect me I could do the town good. Yeah? Based on what? You could also do us over good as well!!! Anyone willing to vote on a statement like that is ridiculous.

Whoever has the power should be a known entity. You Cannot Say Fairer Than That!

Thats been my case from the start, I don't understand anyone town having an argument against it!

Leader of the House

DuD (9) : Marcamillian, DuD, The Peeps, Yvonne, Cube, Sheikah, The fish, Nintendohnut

Rummy (1) : Rummy

Yvonne (0) : Tales

Expulsion from the inqury

Tales (1): Rummy

No Lynch (7): The Peeps, Sheikah, Marcamillian, DuD, The fish, Nintendohnut

Day will end tomorrow morning.

Edited by Mr-Paul

Whoever has the power should be a known entity. You Cannot Say Fairer Than That!

Thats been my case from the start, I don't understand anyone town having an argument against it!

Being known doesn't prove anything.

No thanks. I rather you tell me. Maybe explain your rage vote while you are at it. Right now it makes no sense. I was only trying to help. To think being known always equals townie may hit back at us.

Play along with me on this one. Imagine you are mafia. You get elected leader of the house. The result? You get even more powers besides your already powered up power and the double vote AND you prevent the town from having it AND get all on protectors on you. See my point? It's just a theory, I'm not accusing you of anything but I hope you see my point. Assuming a game of 20 players and 5 mafios the chance of electing a townie is pretty big. I think that's less of a gamble than putting all eggs in the same basket. That's my opinion.

I'm not trying to accuse of being mafia, I just don't think it's wise to believe someone is 100% townie because they revealed everything about themselves and make the game resolve around that person like today. You are overreacting a bit.

Now, while it's still day, can we not discuss this more? You are already elected. Besides me not wanting to reveal everything about myself like every other player what have we learned? And where is everyone else? It's like it's just me, Rummy, Dud and Sheikah. I'm signing out of todays debate.

Nice and constructive there from Rummy [/sarcasm] as always ;)

Actually constructive there from Nintendohnut. Thank you :)

Theres only you (Sheikah), Rummy and Tales against my election at this point? Tales i'm finding suspect anyway and Rummy is that paranoid he'd probably doubt himself if his role wasn't given to him in writing! So yeah?

I don't mind if we elect someone else tomorrow or the day after or whenever, but I AM NOT gonna be helping to elect anyone based on a hunch with no info on them what-so-ever. Anyone wants to do this is HIGHLY suspect!!! Theres no way taking an unnecessary risk could possibly benefit the town?!

Rummy's earlier suggestion.. if you elect me I could do the town good. Yeah? Based on what? You could also do us over good as well!!! Anyone willing to vote on a statement like that is ridiculous.

Look, I've been drinking and that was a joke. The whole point of WIFOM is that it's completely circular, saying that's what I expect the mafia to say is a joke of it itself, I put a winky on there for a reason.

As for how I'll do the town good, I'm just saying, I'll do the town good. But as I said earlier, I don't expect major elections, I'm just asking people who DO trust me to vote, if you don't then don't. I'll do the town good because I'm not evil. I know why the votes didn't count earlier, and I also don't believe there's alternative factions/mafias vying for the win.

----

Also, I'm not against YOUR election per se, I'm just more in favour of cycling the election/leader power, it'll give us a wider variety of information. Having towns with it who give info, then towns with it who don't, well the latter are surely acting differently in what is a similar role? Plus if we cycle we don't run the risk of pinning/trusting a mafia with the role for too long. I don't know whether I can trust you or not though I feel I can, but if, just IF, that little doubt, that little possiblity I'm wrong is true, isn't it best to cover the bases and cycle the power in the event you're actually mafia? I'm not saying cycle it to me, I'm just saying cycle every single day to someone who hasn't already had it. Too many eggs and too few baskets.

---

Also I'll agree with the argument that known =/= trustable/guaranteed townie. Tales still reeks to me though, because he's fighting so hard over giving ANYTHING about his character, and despite all this WIFOM stuff, I don't think it's in best interest of town interest.

Leader of the House

DuD (9) : Marcamillian, DuD, The Peeps, Yvonne, Cube, Sheikah, The fish, Nintendohnut

Rummy (1) : Rummy

Yvonne (0) : Tales

Expulsion from the inqury

Tales (3): Rummy, DuD

No Lynch (5): The Peeps, Sheikah, Marcamillian, The fish, Nintendohnut

But as Shiekah put it earlier.. if we do cycle it every day and we end up with a mafia leader, a double vote plus at least 3 guaranteed extra votes basically keeps the mafia in possession.

I'm saying we should not elect an unknown. How can electing an unknown benefit us? Surely an informed decision is a much better decision?

The only reason I can see anyone wanting to elect an unknown is because the person isn't actually unknown and they are infact linked, more than likely as mafia buddies.

Known doesn't equal town no.. But known has far higher chance of being town (seeing as they are tracable) than unknown does. Unknown could be doing anything behind the scenes.

Where your asking people who DO trust you to vote for you.. What are the meant to base this trust on? If you are town, none of us know a single thing about you!! Where is this trust meant to come from? You can make yourself appear town by saying anything you like. A bit of hard evidence could then pull your whole charade apart.

I'm not saying you are mafia, I'm just pointing out how stupid it is to elect someone we know nothing about. Its stupid. simple as that.