NEurope
daftada

Nintendo development list

Going by a recent interview with NintendoLife...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/interview_the_team_behind_paper_mario_sticker_star

It seems that Vanpool were involved in making Paper Mario Sticker Star!

There's also a new DSiWare game that has come out for Japanese Club Nintendo members only called Nintendouji - so I'm putting that one down as unknown developer for now.

Also I've heard off a friend that Monolith Kyoto helped out in making Animal Crossing New Leaf, so I've updated the list accordingly :)

First Party

Nintendo EAD Group 1 (Hideki Konno) –

Nintendo EAD Group 2 (Katsuya Eguchi) – Animal Crossing (3DS), Nintendoland (Wii U)

Nintendo EAD Group 3 (Eiji Aonuma) – Zelda (3DS & Wii U)

Nintendo EAD Group 4 (Hiroyuki Kimura) – Pikmin 3 (Wii U), New Super Mario Bros U (Wii U)

Nintendo EAD Group 5 (Tadashi Sugiyama) – Wii Fit U (Wii U)

Nintendo EAD Tokyo 1 (Takao Shimizu) – Flipnote Memo (3DS)

Nintendo EAD Tokyo 2 (Yoshiaki Koizumi) –

Nintendo SPD 1 (Yoshio Sakamoto) – Tomodachi Collection 2 (3DS), Game & Wario (Wii U)

Nintendo SPD 2 (Hitoshi Yamagami) –

Nintendo SPD 3 (Kensuke Tanabe) – Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)

Nintendo SPD 4 (Hiroshi Sato) –

Nintendo SPD 5 (Masaru Nishita) - Brain Age: Concentration Training (3DS)

NST - Wii U Web Browser (Webkit integration programming), Wii U Chat

Retro Studios –

Monolith Soft – Unannounced new IP from Tetsuya Takahashi's team (Wii U), Animal Crossing New Leaf Co-development (3DS)

Brownie Brown – Fantasy Life (3DS)

Intelligent Systems – Game & Wario (Wii U), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS), Fallblox

Nd Cube –

Second Party

Asobism - Freaky Forms Deluxe (3DS)

AlphaDream –

Creatures Inc. – Pokemon Dream Radar (3DS), Pokedex 3D Pro (3DS)

Camelot Software Planning –

Game Freak - Harmo Knight

Genius Sonority – Denpa Men 2

Good-Feel –

Grezzo –

HAL Laboratory - Kirby 25th Anniversary disc (Wii), Wii U Web Browser (UI Programming and Design)

Monster Games –

Next Level Games – Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS), Wii U Chat

Noise –

Skip Ltd. –

syn Sophia – New Style Boutique (3DS)

Third Party

Ambrella –

Arika –

Chunsoft - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth (3DS)

Curve - Fluidity: Spin Cycle (3DS)

Eighting –

Freestyle Games – SiNG (Wii U)

Ganbarion -

Headstrong Games – New Art Academy (3DS), Rabbids Rumble (3DS)

Hatena - Miiverse (design and programming; co-development)

Mitchell - Tokyo Crash Mobs (3DS)

NamcoBandai - Smash Bros (3DS & Wii U)

n-Space – Skylanders Giants (3DS)

Paon –

Platinum – Wonderful 101 (Wii U), Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

Q-Games - PixelJunk 1-6 (PC - Steam)

Sandlot -

Suzak –

Team Ninja – Ninja Gaiden 3 (Wii U)

Tecmo Koei – Spirit Camera (3DS), Pokemon Conquest (DS), Fatal Frame (Wii), Warriors Orochi 3 (Wii U), Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 (Wii U), Romance of The Three Kingdoms XII (Wii U)

Tose –

Traveller’s Tales – Lego City Undercover (3DS & Wii U)

Treasure - Unannounced Action Game (3DS)

Vanpool – Paper Mario Sticker Star co-development (3DS)

Vitei –

Games in development by an unknown studio

Nintendouji

Edited by Dcubed

Pretty sad to see NST 'demoted' to hardware support and minor applications as they have/had a lot of talent. Considering they bested Namco's Ridge Racer at the first attempt on the N64 back in 2000 and then got the keys to both WaveRace and 1080 I was expecting a continuation of such genres to appear on Nintendo hardware via Wii or 3DS.

If there's one genre Nintendo seem to miss out on it is actual real racing titles.

NoA killed them when they killed Project H.A.M.M.E.R it seems . They've only been making Mario vs Donkey Kong since then and I believe a lot of the staff left. They've been rehiring lately so hopefully they are gearing up for Wii U/3DS development.

Well then, I guess this could do with a few updates again, couldn't it?

I still think this thread should be a sticky.

@daftada

There you go.

Aw, SPD 1 (Sakamoto) is working on Tomodachi Collection 2 and Game & Wario? We want a 2D Metroid! :heh:

The 3rd party list is only games that are published by Nintendo and 3rd party developers who have long standing relationships with Nintendo (Like Q-Games, who in the past have made games like Starfox Command, Reflect Missile, 3D Spacetank and Art-Style Intersect for Nintendo)

Stuff like Castlevania is entirely separate and has nothing to do with Nintendo themselves.

It's been a while since this post was made, but does it qualify now, as Nintendo is (in Europe, at least) responsible for distributing and marketing the game?

It's been a while since this post was made, but does it qualify now, as Nintendo is (in Europe, at least) responsible for distributing and marketing the game?

Nah. It's EU only and Nintendo have no involvement in the game other than marketing and distribution.

It's certainly not the same situation as something like Lego City Stories or Bayonetta 2 (which wouldn't have existed at all without Nintendo's involvement)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511142

Brownie Brown (Sword of Mana, Mother 3, Layton's London Life, Fantasy Life), is restructuring and renaming themselves to 1-up studio!

Nice to see them finally have a success to call all their own with Fantasy Life, heard nothing but good things about it (an actual good game made by Brownie Brown!? No wonder they're rebranding themselves, their reputation for making mediocre games has been irreparably tarnished!)

Mother 3 was a mediocre game? Never heard anybody call it that.

They just programmed the game. The actual design work was done by HAL/Creatures/Ape/Itoi.

I've updated some of the entries after the Valentine's ND.

I've taken out any titles that have been released in Europe, but does anyone want to have the last released game alongside each developer or leave it as it is?

Leave the last developed title on there. It helps us predict who's ready to show something new.

BTW, Pokemon X&Y should be listed under Game Freak, M&DK 3DS under NST and The Last Ranger under Vanpool.

DKCR 3D is still unknown, though very likely to be done by Retro.

Edited by Dcubed

Leave the last developed title on there. It helps us predict who's ready to show something new.

BTW, Pokemon X&Y should be listed under Game Freak, M&DK 3DS under NST and The Last Ranger under Vanpool.

DKCR 3D is still unknown, though very likely to be done by Retro.

Could Grezzo perhaps not be involved in this one?

And do we know what team is in charge of the handheld Zelda game?

Could Grezzo perhaps not be involved in this one?

And do we know what team is in charge of the handheld Zelda game?

If Greezo is working on anything, I'd say that it's much more likely to be Wind Waker HD.

All of DKCR's documentation would be in English, so Greezo is probably not a good fit for such a project anyway.

As for the 3DS Zelda, I get that feeling that it has been put on hold for the time being. With the way that they bigged up the Wii U Zelda, I reckon that this is being given Nintendo's attention right now (and I doubt that Nintendo could have 2 Zeldas in the works at the same time - Phantom Hourglass had to be put on hold in order to get Twilight Princess out on time after all)

Edited by Dcubed

As for the 3DS Zelda, I get that feeling that it has been out on hold for the time being.

I've got a feeling you're right. With the detailed hints Eiji Aonuma gave years ago ("set sail", "voyage" etc), it didn't seem like they were undecided about which direction to take it. So, pretty strange that there's been nothing since.

Will update tomorrow evening - posting on wii u here!

Completely forgot about Pokemon X&Y :\

Nintendo Direct update time!

First Party

Nintendo EAD (Miyamoto, Takashi Tezuka) – 3D Mario title (Wii U)

Nintendo EAD Group 1 (Hideki Konno) – New Mariokart (Wii U)

Nintendo EAD Group 2 (Katsuya Eguchi) – Animal Crossing New Leaf (3DS)

Nintendo EAD Group 3 (Eiji Aonuma) Original Zelda title (Wii U), The Legend of Zelda ALTTP 2

Nintendo EAD Group 4 (Hiroyuki Kimura) – Pikmin 3 (Wii U)

Nintendo EAD Group 5 (Tadashi Sugiyama) – Wii Fit U (Wii U)

Nintendo EAD Tokyo 1 (Takao Shimizu) – Flipnote Studio 3D, Mario AR Photo App (3DS)

Nintendo EAD Tokyo 2 (Yoshiaki Koizumi) – Super Mario Wii U

Nintendo SPD 1 (Yoshio Sakamoto) – Game & Wario (Wii U)

Nintendo SPD 2 (Hitoshi Yamagami) – Tomodachi Collection New Life (3DS)

Nintendo SPD 3 (Kensuke Tanabe) – Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)

Nintendo SPD 4 (Hiroshi Sato) –

Nintendo SPD 5 (Masaru Nishita)

NST - Mario & DK, Mini's on the Move

Retro Studios –

Monolith Soft – Project X Zone (3DS), Action RPG 'X' (Wii U), Unannounced title from Kyoto studio (3DS), Animal Crossing New Leaf (3DS)

Brownie Brown – Fantasy Life (3DS)

Intelligent Systems – Game & Wario (Wii U), Fire Emblem X Shin MegaTen (Wii U), Paper Mario Sticker Star

Sora – Smash Bros (3DS & Wii U)

Nd Cube – Wii Party U (Wii U), Mario Party 3DS

Second Party

Asobism -

AlphaDream – Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros (3DS)

Creatures Inc. –

Camelot Software Planning – Mario Golf: World Tour (3DS)

Game Freak - Harmo Knight (3DS), Pokemon X & Y

Genius Sonority – Denpa Men 2

Good-Feel – Yarn Yoshi (Wii U)

Grezzo –

HAL Laboratory - Wii U Web Browser (Wii U)

Monster Games – Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

Next Level Games – Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS), Wii U Chat (Wii U)

Noise –

Skip Ltd. –

syn Sophia –

Third Party

Ambrella (Defunct)

Arika –

Chunsoft - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (3DS), Zero Escape 3

Curve - Hydroventure Spin Cycle, Stealth Bastard Deluxe (PS3/Vita)

Eighting –

Freestyle Games – Sing Party

Ganbarion -

Hatena - On going Miiverse development, Flipnote Studio 3D

Headstrong Games –

Mitchell - Tokyo Crash Mobs

NamcoBandai - Smash Bros (3DS & Wii U)

n-Space –

Paon –

Platinum – Wonderful 101 (Wii U), Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

Q-Games -

Sandlot -

Suzak –

Team Ninja –

Tecmo Koei – Warriors Orochi 3 (Wii U), Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 (Wii U), Romance of The Three Kingdoms XII (Wii U)

Tose –

Traveller’s Tales – Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins (3DS) Lego City Undercover (Wii U)

Treasure - Unannounced action game (3DS)

Vanpool – Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger (3DS)

Vitei –

Titles in development by unknown studio:

Super Luigi U DLC content Wii U (probably SPD Mario Cram School staff members)

Yoshi's Island 3DS

The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker HD (probably Greezo)

Think that's everything. Anything I've forgotten?

Edited by Dcubed

Shouldn't Level 5 be under the 'third parties' with something Layton related, or the Guild02 games?

And Sora doesn't exist anymore, does it?

Shouldn't Level 5 be under the 'third parties' with something Layton related, or the Guild02 games?

And Sora doesn't exist anymore, does it?

I'm only listing 3rd parties that have a history of working directly with Nintendo. Level 5 have had games localised and published by Nintendo, but not co-developed (Unless we count Brownie Brown's work with them...)

As for Sora, the Project Sora studio is dead but I think the Sora the holding company still exists so I'd keep it there for easiness sake.

Updated following the piss poor E3 showing...

You're gonna have to add another now. Arzest is making Yoshi's New Island! (I would never have thought them to be big enough to make a 3DS retail title! :o)

Also you forgot to include Mario Party 3DS under NDCUBE.

That makes HAL Nintendo's only internal studio that is really left unaccounted for... (Namco would be doing the bulk of the work for Smash 4, so that wouldn't really take up any of HAL's staff really). I'm sure that Kirby for both or either 3DS & Wii U is on the cards, but something different would be nice too...

Arika and Skip are still suspiciously quiet... I'm 99% certain that Greezo is making Zelda TWW HD though.

Edited by Dcubed

You're gonna have to add another now. Arzest is making Yoshi's New Island! (I would never have thought them to be big enough to make a 3DS retail title! :o)

Also you forgot to include Mario Party 3DS under NDCUBE.

That makes HAL Nintendo's only internal studio that is really left unaccounted for... (Namco would be doing the bulk of the work for Smash 4, so that wouldn't really take up any of HAL's staff really). I'm sure that Kirby for both or either 3DS & Wii U is on the cards, but something different would be nice too...

Arika and Skip are still suspiciously quiet... I'm 99% certain that Greezo is making Zelda TWW HD though.

I had Arzest listed under third party. Not sure how I missed ND Cube/Mario Party 3DS :red:

I think I spotted HAL listed as developer at the start of the Smash Bros developer video. Will check later.