NEurope
daftada

Nintendo development list

Third Party

Namco Bandai – Smash Bros 3DS & Wii U (in conjunction with Project Sora).

I've updated the list with some of the info from this morning's Nintendo Direct. Interesting to see Namco joining Project Sora on Smash Bros :)

@Hero\-of\-Time

Could this thread become a sticky, because it's really useful and a good way to see what all the devs are up to and about which devs we can speculate.

1.png

2.png

If not a new IP, then could we be looking at a Tomato Adventure sequel?

That doesn't look like a new M&L game...

Anyone know who is making Quiz Party? I've done some digging but drawn a blank so far. As far as I can recall this is the first game NoE has ever commissioned by itself, could be a landmark moment, even if it does turn out to be a forgetable game.

Anyone know who is making Quiz Party? I've done some digging but drawn a blank so far. As far as I can recall this is the first game NoE has ever commissioned by itself, could be a landmark moment, even if it does turn out to be a forgetable game.

Wizarbox is making it (and it looks like a piece of shit)

Really though, NOE should have their own dev studios. There's a ton of talent floating around with nowhere else to go right now (cough, Grant Kirkhope, Chris Seavor /cough)

Grant Kirkhope

He's living in the US and doesn't seem interested in moving back over here. He recently got turned down by Retro because they're full.

He's living in the US and doesn't seem interested in moving back over here. He recently got turned down by Retro because they're full.

Oh yeah, I forgot he moved over there for Big Huge Games. Lol! that's a bit of a cockup on my part there!

There's still plenty of brits floating around out there though. The UK industry is in a shambles right now :(

I can't take Retro Studios' mystery game.

I MUST KNOW!

I so hope for some kind of trailer during the pre-launch conference for the WiiU.

I know, I want to know too, but it could be till next E3 until we find out. Wasn't DKCR under wraps for a long time aswell? I don't know how they keep these things a secret for so long.

To be honest though I'm kind of glad they do keep it quiet for a long as possible, so they can just get on with making the game without the weight of people's expectations.

If they announced it's a Metroid game this E3 for example, but it wasn't coming out late next year, then people would start talking about what they wanted it to be like and create a sense of what they think game should be, then complain when the game comes out and is nothing like they imagined.

Added a couple of titles from the EU presentation (haven't watched the US or Japanese ones yet!)

Changed a few released games from bold to italics.

If you spot any more new games/changes let me know :)

Added a couple of titles from the EU presentation (haven't watched the US or Japanese ones yet!)

Changed a few released games from bold to italics.

If you spot any more new games/changes let me know :)

Third Party

Chunsoft: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth (3DS)

:)

I bet any money that NST is making the Nintendo TVii app. It looks suspiciously similar to the Wii's BBC iPlayer app (which they themselves made)

Didn't Headstrong develop Art Academy 3DS? Another third party is Curve Studios who are making the new Fluidity for 3DS(which is published by Nintendo)

NST recently hired one of the co creators of Sonic, I have a feeling they are working on a project headed by him.

Thanks Serebii - can't believe I missed out Chunsoft - I love the Mystery Dungeon games!

Well spotted Tamazoid, forgot about Fluidity.

I'll be interested to see what NST are up to, it seems like ages since their last big game. Hoping for Metroid Hunters on 3DS or Wave Race on Wii U...

Been a while since we updated the list, but the latest couple of Iwata Asks brought about some revelations regarding a few studios, so here's an updated list :) (New additions in Bold)

First Party

Nintendo EAD Group 1 (Hideki Konno) –

Nintendo EAD Group 2 (Katsuya Eguchi) – Animal Crossing (3DS), Nintendoland (Wii U)

Nintendo EAD Group 3 (Eiji Aonuma) – Zelda (3DS & Wii U)

Nintendo EAD Group 4 (Hiroyuki Kimura) – Pikmin 3 (Wii U), New Super Mario Bros U (Wii U)

Nintendo EAD Group 5 (Tadashi Sugiyama) – Wii Fit U (Wii U)

Nintendo EAD Tokyo 1 (Takao Shimizu) – Flipnote Memo (3DS)

Nintendo EAD Tokyo 2 (Yoshiaki Koizumi) –

Nintendo SPD 1 (Yoshio Sakamoto) – Tomodachi Collection 2 (3DS), Game & Wario (Wii U)

Nintendo SPD 2 (Hitoshi Yamagami) –

Nintendo SPD 3 (Kensuke Tanabe) – Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)

Nintendo SPD 4 (Hiroshi Sato) –

Nintendo SPD 5 (Masaru Nishita) - Brain Age: Concentration Training (3DS)

NST - Wii U Web Browser (Webkit integration programming), Wii U Chat

Retro Studios –

Monolith Soft – Unannounced new IP from Tetsuya Takahashi's team (Wii U), Unannounced title from Kyoto studio (3DS)

Brownie Brown – Fantasy Life (3DS)

Intelligent Systems – Game & Wario (Wii U), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS), Fallblox

Nd Cube –

Second Party

Asobism - Freaky Forms Deluxe (3DS)

AlphaDream –

Creatures Inc. – Pokemon Dream Radar (3DS), Pokedex 3D Pro (3DS)

Camelot Software Planning –

Game Freak - Harmo Knight

Genius Sonority – Denpa Men 2

Good-Feel –

Grezzo –

HAL Laboratory - Kirby 25th Anniversary disc (Wii), Wii U Web Browser (UI Programming and Design)

Monster Games –

Next Level Games – Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS), Wii U Chat

Noise –

Skip Ltd. –

syn Sophia – New Style Boutique (3DS)

Third Party

Ambrella –

Arika –

Chunsoft - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth (3DS)

Curve - Fluidity: Spin Cycle (3DS)

Eighting –

Freestyle Games – SiNG (Wii U)

Ganbarion -

Headstrong Games – New Art Academy (3DS), Rabbids Rumble (3DS)

Hatena - Miiverse (design and programming; co-development)

Mitchell - Tokyo Crash Mobs (3DS)

NamcoBandai - Smash Bros (3DS & Wii U)

n-Space – Skylanders Giants (3DS)

Paon –

Platinum – Wonderful 101 (Wii U), Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

Q-Games - PixelJunk 1-6 (PC - Steam)

Sandlot -

Suzak –

Team Ninja – Ninja Gaiden 3 (Wii U)

Tecmo Koei – Spirit Camera (3DS), Pokemon Conquest (DS), Fatal Frame (Wii), Warriors Orochi 3 (Wii U), Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 (Wii U), Romance of The Three Kingdoms XII (Wii U)

Tose –

Traveller’s Tales – Lego City Undercover (3DS & Wii U)

Treasure - Unannounced Action Game (3DS)

Vanpool –

Vitei –

Edited by Dcubed

Aren't you forgetting Treasure's 3DS exclusive?

Cheers! Surprised that I forgot about that one :blush:

Edit: Man it has been a while! Fixed up a bunch of other outdated info as well and added some other announcements we forgot to add (Like Harmo Knight and Monolith's new IP for Wii U)

Also I've removed Project Sora from Nintendo's list of 1st party developers now that the studio has been shuttered.

Edited by Dcubed

I'm wondering what NOISE is up to. Their last game was Go Go Cosmo Cops/AcroKnights which was published by Bamco a couple of years ago. It's the only Nintendo first party studio that seemingly hasn't done anything in the last couple of years.

I'd imagine ND Cube is working on Mario Party 10 for Wii U or Mario Party 3DS.

Also the list is missing the unannounced 3DS game the new Monolith Kyoto studio is working on.

Oh, so Flipnote Memo is still in development? I assumed it went on to become Swapnote/Letterbox.

It was being made by a completely different team (EAD Tokyo and Hatena, while Swapnote was made by Denuysha and Nintendo BSD)

I'm guessing that it was probably put on hold when Hatena were asked to help develop Miiverse, but I'm leaving it on the list for EAD Tokyo 1 for now because we don't know if they're working on anything else right now (so it's the latest project that we can assume they were involved in)

Don't expect Flipnote Memo to come out any time soon though (if at all).

Edit: Monolith Kyoto's 3DS project added. Cheers Tamazoid!

Edited by Dcubed

I hope Good-Feel is busy creating a wonderful platformer for the WiiU.

Would be nice if they brought back Yoshi's Island's artstyle, but something completely new would also be sweet.