NEurope
Retro_Link

Nintendo Land

Here's few more details from Game Informer.

- there will be single player only games

- Donkey Kong and Balloon Fight attractions feature single player

- these two games also support off-TV play

- random "games" or activities that you can play outside of the big theme parks

And the internet is complaining...saying it looks like a $0.99 iOS game -_-

Thankfully they've been largely proven to know jack shit about Nintendo's (and the rest of the industry's) fate.

By and large as a collective, they also can't see game design for what it is if it came up to them and slapped them in the face (see all those who think that all 2D platformers should be cheap download titles, or those who think that the NSMB games do nothing new or innovative while wanking over the latest Mass Effect or Uncharted/Last of Us/Uncharted Clone)

Best thing to do is take it with a good laugh, I always find their pissant and two faced comments to be quite funny actually :laughing:

- random "games" or activities that you can play outside of the big theme parks

Excellent! I was hoping they'd do this. That hub looked far too good to be wasted on being a simple game selection screen!

Really looking forward to seeing what they do with it! :D

Edited by Dcubed

By and large as a collective, they also can't see game design for what it is if it came up to them and slapped them in the face (see all those who think that all 2D platformers should be cheap download titles, or those who think that the NSMB games do nothing new or innovative while wanking over the latest Mass Effect or Uncharted/Last of Us/Uncharted Clone)

Best thing to do is take it with a good laugh, I always find their pissant and two faced comments to be quite funny actually :laughing:

I'm confused about this statement. You complain about people dismissing NSMB for not being innovative, yet mention three pretty unique franchises which haven't been cloned yet. While the new Star Trek game looks like it's influenced by Mass Effect, and the same can be said for Tomb Raider and Star Wars 1313 in relation to Uncharted, they still look pretty different, too. And The Last of Us is very different to Uncharted.

I'm confused about this statement. You complain about people dismissing NSMB for not being innovative, yet mention three pretty unique franchises which haven't been cloned yet. While the new Star Trek game looks like it's influenced by Mass Effect, and the same can be said for Tomb Raider and Star Wars 1313 in relation to Uncharted, they still look pretty different, too. And The Last of Us is very different to Uncharted.

Did you fall asleep during E3 where every single game shown was some sort of Uncharted clone?

P.S don't take my comment at face value, it's purposely flippant for S&Gs sake (I know that they're not all exactly the same) and we're veering off topic anyway.

As someone who was in love with Balloon Fight on the NES when it was released, I can't wait for Balloon Trip, looks great! Although could have done with more retro sound-effects.

Nintendo Land is looking fantastic, I would happily pay for it

Naturally I could be biast and say Metroid Blast is the best looking game, but in fairness I really like the look of Balloon Flight :D The whole package looks like a very fun experience, i'm so pleased Nintendo are going to bundle it with the system.

Shame about the fugly title graphic

Yeah it really ruins the fun looking gameplay :kiss:

Just found out after pre-ordering the Premium ZombiU Wii U SKU, that Nintendo of Europe have confirmed that the aforementioned bundle does NOT include NintendoLand. My source is the ONM website.

Gutted, cancelling my order to rethink this through.

Naturally I could be biast and say Metroid Blast is the best looking game, but in fairness I really like the look of Balloon Flight :D

Let's face it, we all want to dress our Miis up in a Power Suit!! :laughing:

Personally, I don't want to see a Mii in any game ever again, except for perhaps a secondary option, like in Mario Kart 7.

Grumpyness aside, Metroid Blast looks like it could turn out to be at least a bit of fun. Unlike anything in Wii Play or Wii Sports, this feels like a proper game. I hope that if you'll have an ME3 save file or something, you'll be able to put your Mii in an N7 uniform :awesome:

I'm still a bit gutted that this isn't online. I don't have the luxury of playing locally with mates so i'm gonna miss out on a lot of multiplayer fun with this.

Personally, I don't want to see a Mii in any game ever again, except for perhaps a secondary option, like in Mario Kart 7.

Grumpyness aside, Metroid Blast looks like it could turn out to be at least a bit of fun. Unlike anything in Wii Play or Wii Sports, this feels like a proper game. I hope that if you'll have an ME3 save file or something, you'll be able to put your Mii in an N7 uniform :awesome:

You just said you don't want to see Mii's used ever again, only to then get excited about dressing them up in ME3 gear! :p

I'm still a bit gutted that this isn't online. I don't have the luxury of playing locally with mates so i'm gonna miss out on a lot of multiplayer fun with this.
This.

You just said you don't want to see Mii's used ever again, only to then get excited about dressing them up in ME3 gear! :p

I'm trying to make the best out of a "bad" situation. :awesome:

Cool I can't wait for this game I am geting this without the console becuse I am geting ZombiU Bundle

Do you think the Varia Suit will be in it? The thought of putting my Mii in a Varia Suit with an Ice Beam is exciting me to a worrying degree!

Haha! Well i've already done that in Animal Crossing: Let's go to the city, but with the Varia Suit!

On a related note, our website put together a preview on Metroid Blast with everything we know so far. We're still adding to it, but feel free to check it out!

http://www.shinesparkers.net/metroid-blast-preview

Edited by Darren
Saw an opportunity to promote the site, did so, FEELING GOOD BRO

I like this box, actually I've liked most of the boxes we've seen so far.

EDIT: can't get it to work on my phone atm.

b7Z4Y.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link
Box art