N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 23: The highlight of the Summer

Haden

Wow. That is a ridiculously helpful post! Thanks dude.

To be honest, i have absolutely no idea what i'm doing (although your post went a long way towards helping that). There are just so many numbers and stats and emails and shit flying around, it's the most complicated game i've ever seen. I literally spent ten minutes trying to get to my team page the first time i logged in!

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A DV of 10 or higher will give your player an increase in skill but to get a visible raise (ie, to get one skill bar higher) you would be aiming for 14/15 at the very least.

That isn't entirely true.

If a player has 5 skill bars then his skill is ranging anywhere from 4.5 to 5.4. If a player with a DV of 10 at the end of the season will make him go up in skill but you don't know by how much. If this player was skill 5.4 before his increase then the chances are he will go up a visible level. If he was only 4.5 before the change then he might not go up.

Wow. That is a ridiculously helpful post! Thanks dude.

To be honest, i have absolutely no idea what i'm doing (although your post went a long way towards helping that). There are just so many numbers and stats and emails and shit flying around, it's the most complicated game i've ever seen. I literally spent ten minutes trying to get to my team page the first time i logged in!

Peeps' post was brilliant. It's great for giving you a long-term look at the game. The best thing I can suggest is treat your first 'year' as a look into how the game works. The beauty in your league is that you can't get relegated, there's very little at stake. So, just enjoy it.

The tactics side of the game is quite straightforward and you'll pick it up for yourself as you play it. There's a little something else called "team-work" values (I don't think it was in Peeps' post, but I apologise if it was and I missed it) which is a value that calculates how well your chosen team has played together. It breaks it down into defence (Goalie + defenders), midfield, and strikers. The more you play certain players together, the higher the teamwork values will go. Think of it in terms of Man City when their sugar-daddy first bought their team, 11 individuals on the pitch. Look at them now, one team.

When you're buying players in the transfer market, it will tell you the "compatibility" of that player with your team. If its poor, it means you'll have a bad teamwork value with that player included, until you start playing them more and integrating them within the team. If it's good or excellent, you have very little to worry about! (think the ratings are poor, fair, good and excellent)

I'm not sure how important it truly is, but I was told that there is quite an emphasis on this. So, after each game, you will receive a report which tells you how well you played (how many chances you created, how many chances your opponent created) and it will also show your teamwork values there. It's quite good for both short-term and long-term. In your players squad, it'll also tell you there who a certain player works best with and worst with.

In theory, having a smaller squad means that you should have higher teamwork values, higher DV for your players (as you won't be chopping and changing too many things), but the downside is that if you have injuries and suspensions, you're a bit screwed.

Welcome to Xpert11. :D

Stellar posts Flinky and Peeps thank you :D I think I will put Peeps post in the new thread when it goes up. Wonderful stuff.

freyberg-cup.jpg

Cup Reports

Rising Phoenix 2-0 Bubbles FC

Rising Phoenix have a lot of momentum on their side at the moment and set up with a balanced 4-4-2 formation, Bubbles looked to stifle the midfield with a 4-5-1 formation. Rising Phoenix dictated the pace of the match but Bubbles were happy with the first half as both sides only had 1 chance each and the half ended goalless. Bubbles players got tired and Rising Phoenix began to put the pressure on, Sheen powered home a free kick to break the deadlock on 66 minutes. Bubbles tried to battle back but Eklind put the game beyond doubt when he volleyed home a cross from Crossley with mere minutes to go. Bubbles always seemed to be only able to contain Rising Phoenix, in the end Phoenix wore them out and will advance to the semi finals.

Dragooooo 3-1 Intergalatigo Stars

The last time this fixture was player Inter won 6-0 Dragooooo wanted to make amends and show how far they have come since then. They went out to boss the midfield with a 4-5-1 formation while Inter hoped their superiority would shine through with a 4-4-2 formation. Feskens shocked the home crowd with an early goal after 14 minutes but Papadopoulos put Inter back on equal terms 20 minutes later. It was a quiet affair in the first half but Dragooooo had the better of it, Feskens was the hero just after the half resumed as he powered home a header to make it 2-1 to Dragooooo. Subs from both sides came on but Dragooooo were now firmly in control of the match with chance after chance, Guevara headed a goal in on the 76th minute and went over to hug his manager who told his team to keep calm. But no-one was calm at the final whistle Dragooooo had knocked out the two time champions and given themselves a huge chance at reaching the final, Inter will be disappointed but will now concentrate on what they need to do to retain their league title.

Silverdale Hotpot 4-3 The Sixty Fourthers

A game between two teams that had poor seasons this year, Silverdale failed to mount a title challenge and 64s were dumped into the lower league. However all of that was forgotten today as they produced the best game of the cup so far. Silverdale went for their usual 4-4-2 line up while the 64s changed things up opting for a creative 3-5-2 line up. Silverdale struck first as Hope whipped in a cross for Luz to power home with a header. 14 minutes later the 64s equalised as Kurdhi provided Nashrin with an inch perfect lob to tap in. Things settled down but Silverdale lost their striker Calderwood before half time, he was subbed for Hudson after pulling up during a run. Out of nothing in the first few minutes of the 2nd half Jerome saw the goalie sleeping and lobbed on in the top corner to put Silverdale ahead. The match was on a knife edge and the 64s struck back as Redfearn bundled the ball in from a corner 10 minutes later. Silverdale stuck to their guns and the sub Hudson and then Hope scored headers to make it 4-2. But the home fans had a nervous last few minutes as Kurdi scored a header with 10 minutes to go. The team through was expected but the game itself wasn't, a superb game both teams should be proud, Silverdale are now odds on favourites to win the cup.

Coloccini FC 2-1 The Comerade Co-Op

An exciting game for both these teams as pundits couldn't pick between them before the start of the match. Coloccini lined up with an unusual 5-3-2 formation while Co-op went for a very aggressive 3-4-3 set up. However Co-op got off to a bad start as veteran midfielder Arseniev limped off with an old injury. Co-op still dominated possession but it was Coloccini who had the first chance after a stonewall penalty was given to them. Haslop stepped up and powered it straight down the middle to give the home side the lead. However a mere 2 minutes later Co-op striker Uzlov slotted one coolly into the corner after finding himself in space. Both teams came rushing out the blocks to an all action 2nd half but it was Coloccini who grasped their chance, Datsun with a well guided header that clipped the post and rolled in. Both teams brought on subs but Co-Op couldn't find a way through even though they had more possesion. In the end a very interesting match and Coloccini deserved the win, Co-Op will want to aim for the semis next year.

Dragooooo 3-1 Intergalatigo Stars

The last time this fixture was player Inter won 6-0 Dragooooo wanted to make amends and show how far they have come since then. They went out to boss the midfield with a 4-5-1 formation while Inter hoped their superiority would shine through with a 4-4-2 formation. Feskens shocked the home crowd with an early goal after 14 minutes but Papadopoulos put Inter back on equal terms 20 minutes later. It was a quiet affair in the first half but Dragooooo had the better of it, Feskens was the hero just after the half resumed as he powered home a header to make it 2-1 to Dragooooo. Subs from both sides came on but Dragooooo were now firmly in control of the match with chance after chance, Guevara headed a goal in on the 76th minute and went over to hug his manager who told his team to keep calm. But no-one was calm at the final whistle Dragooooo had knocked out the two time champions and given themselves a huge chance at reaching the final, Inter will be disappointed but will now concentrate on what they need to do to retain their league title.

Loved this part! Love Benny! :D Thijs is just an absolute legend as well.

Semi-Final day. Nervous as hell, I have sweaty palms right now. I've set everything up and just hope I can get something. I'm still predicting a loss, and I've accepted it now. Whatever happens, Dragooooo have shown massive improvement and will continue to dominate!

Edit: Dragooooo lose 4-2 but go down fighting. Gutted. :( But, happy as my new striker scored, another one scored with Thijs getting the assist, and we were still in the game up until the 85th or so minute when it then became 4-2. Close. Did not bank on my opponent choosing 3-5-2 as well.

DRAGOOOOO FOREVEEEER

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Loved this part! Love Benny! :D Thijs is just an absolute legend as well.

Semi-Final day. Nervous as hell, I have sweaty palms right now. I've set everything up and just hope I can get something. I'm still predicting a loss, and I've accepted it now. Whatever happens, Dragooooo have shown massive improvement and will continue to dominate!

Well battled, Silverdale were just to strong by the looks of it, some of your players had the games of their lives! I watched the game "live" and thought you might get back in it at 2-2!

So Coloccini (who took out RP 1-0) vs Silverdale Hotpot is the final. I can decide home team or Jimbob can.

Well done guys should be an interesting final!

Well battled, Silverdale were just to strong by the looks of it, some of your players had the games of their lives! I watched the game "live" and thought you might get back in it at 2-2!

So Coloccini (who took out RP 1-0) vs Silverdale Hotpot is the final. I can decide home team or Jimbob can.

Well done guys should be an interesting final!

I posted this in my previous post as an edit:

Dragooooo lose 4-2 but go down fighting. Gutted. But, happy as my new striker scored, another one scored with Thijs getting the assist, and we were still in the game up until the 85th or so minute when it then became 4-2. Close. Did not bank on my opponent choosing 3-5-2 as well.

DRAGOOOOO FOREVEEEER

Yeah, they played well. Can't fault them. We are nowhere near as strong as them, so to closely lose the match is about as good as we could have hoped. I could have gone into it with a negative set-up, but I wanted to win it well. Bring on the league!

Ok Rowan and MilaGi to decide whose home in the final a riddle to solve. The first person to PM or post the answer wins!

We are Nintendo heroes, we cannot jump, we need to be lead but meet us in numbers and you will end up dead!

Haven't got a clue for the riddle haha. Pikmin?

PM and post was sent at:

Today, 07:05 PM

lol!

In the interest of a more competitive final MilaGI will be at home. Sorry guys you literally were tied!

Edited by Haden

PM and post was sent at:

lol!

In the interest of a more competitive final MilaGI will be at home. Sorry guys you literally were tied!

Hahaha that's awesome! I knew there wasn't much in it but a tie is insane lol

Challenge sent :)