Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Nuketown 2025 is now coming for FREE to all 360 owners along with the following update that allows for micro-transactions:

Today’s Call of Duty: Black Ops II title update on Xbox 360 includes the various tweaks, adjustments, and improvements you would expect, but tomorrow — Wednesday, March 13 – you might also notice some new, optional in-game purchases called Micro Items. This content contains either personal customizations or nice little luxuries that I’ve seen players request; none of them affect gameplay, but they are small, specific ways to enhance your online experience. Full information will be available at callofduty.com tomorrow, but here’s a snapshot of what will be offered starting later this week:

Personalization Packs

Like dress-up for your favorite weapons. Each themed pack contains a unique weapon camo, three targeting reticles (one each for the Reflex, EO Tech, and ACOG sights), and a custom player Calling Card. All that stuff comes as a set for 160 MS Points.

One notable example: the Bacon Personalization Pack (!) wraps your favorite weapon in the most delicious cured meat known to man. I like that Treyarch has a sense of humor.

Nuketown 2025

Folks have been asking me about the pre-order bonus map’s wide availability for some time now, so here it is – and it’s free, so all players can enjoy it together.

Nuketown Zombies

If you didn’t get Nuketown Zombies as part of the Hardened or Care Package limited editions of the game, now you can get it as a standalone level for 400 MS Points.

Extra Slots Pack

This one’s for the players who requested even more loadouts and/or are fans of Theater Mode. You can now get 10 more Create-a-Class slots (giving you 20 total if you’ve gone all the way up to Prestige Master) and significantly expand your media storage, allowing you to archive 20 more emblems, 32 more films and 40 more screenshots for 160 MS Points.

Flags of the World Calling Card Packs

These packs include national flag-themed Calling Cards from countries around the world. Packs are divided by geographical region and costs 80 MS Points per region pack.

At the end of the day, all of these items are completely optional, and were created for players who’ve asked for more customization options. If that’s not you, that’s fine; everybody gets Nuketown 2025 for free, so definitely take advantage of that. For complete info, check out the official site starting tomorrow. And yes, these will be coming to other platforms as well; when I know a date, I’ll post about it.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
No that was for SkyLanders

You sure about that canand

Uprising DLC pack will launch on April 16 for the Xbox 360 and it will come at a later date on Ps3 and Pc. No DLC releases are currently planned for the Wii U version of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. due to the low sales of this version of the game.

http://www.explosion.com/28545/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-double-xp-weekend-event-now-on/

We knew there would be no DLC, but I reckon we'll get the next game in the series. Which let's hope isn't MW4, because that story was really well done and they wrapped it up nicely.

Captain Price was probably the best character to emerge this generation, let's not kill him by resurrecting Makarov as a cyborg or something silly and have Price take him on again!

I don't think that's an official quote from Activision, it's just the author's speculation. I they're just saying no comment. Even if they sold 1 million copies it still may not have been enough to get DLC. Maybe DLC was always a no-go for a launch console.

You know what totally pisses me off about all the people crying over no DLC? They're not crying over the shit lag that basically ruins the game, which leads me to the not unreasonable conclusion that these players are the ones that the lag actually helps!

Miiverse is a good example of this, if you complain of lag compensation they usually reply saying they get no lag and blame it on your internet connection.

Miiverse is a good example of this, if you complain of lag compensation they usually reply saying they get no lag and blame it on your internet connection.

Amen to that mate! I once complained about lag and all I got was abuse - despite having a wired connection, it was all my fault! These jokers would be the first ones to abandon the game if it went back to being about skill where the good players and the ones who had good connections came out on top!

It's not that it's lag in the usual way you get lag which is why they don't realise. It runs flawlessly for them because their connection is poor and the game is compensating for that which means those with a better connection get fucked over by opponents being bullet-sponges and also by having your movements out of sync with the enemies screen. So on your screen you escaped behind cover but on their screen you're stood still like a lemon because your actions haven't been transferred quickly enough from the host to their connection.

It's infuriating!

Treyarch trying to balance the game so these donkeys with poor connections are compensated for because they'd get completely owned otherwise, but with this they bring detriment to those with decent connections by bringing their experience down!

These idiots that say the game runs fine for them need to realise that it's not lag, it's lag-compensation.

It's not that it's lag in the usual way you get lag which is why they don't realise. It runs flawlessly for them because their connection is poor and the game is compensating for that which means those with a better connection get fucked over by opponents being bullet-sponges and also by having your movements out of sync with the enemies screen. So on your screen you escaped behind cover but on their screen you're stood still like a lemon because your actions haven't been transferred quickly enough from the host to their connection.

It's infuriating!.

All I can say is thank god for Monster Hunter!!!

• 3 months later...

Having rebought this the other week, I fired it up this weekend.

It took me a couple of games to get back in the swing of things but then I was once again running around like a mad man with a shotgun. :D Some yank was kicking off as I kept killing him, which I thought was the point of the game? :indeed: I eventually muted him as I couldn't be bothered to listen to his rubbish.

I really enjoyed getting back into it and I think a lot more play time will be had as the date for Ghosts draws nearer.

It took me a couple of games to get back in the swing of things but then I was once again running around like a mad man with a shotgun. :D Some yank was kicking off as I kept killing him, which I thought was the point of the game? :indeed: I eventually muted him as I couldn't be bothered to listen to his rubbish.

I really enjoyed getting back into it and I think a lot more play time will be had as the date for Ghosts draws nearer.

Because the shotguns are broken weapons. The lag makes game ruining for anyone on the wrong side of the netcode.

You seem so proud of playing in this way, it's bizarre.

The shotguns aren't broken any more, they balanced the weapons ages ago in a patch.

I played for hours yesterday and they're the equivalent of the noob tube in older COD games. That's why there's always some screaching little 12 year old dick head with a 0.96 KD running around the map with one.

But he's owning everyone like some FPS god, because the netcode + a badly designed weapon = death to all.

They're fucked. Especially as there's one that fires in bursts. It's ridiculous. I've never seen shotguns so popular in a COD game - and it's all because they play to the worst aspects of the game and largely overpowered and still broken.

The balancing of the weapons has done far more to alter the abilities of the SMGs and ARs over anything else. But you never get noob tubed in this game - because all the noob tubers are now using their gold shotguns.

Glad you are enjoying it again mate.

Im really looking forward to Ghosts. My first COD!

People complaining about the shotguns and saying people shouldn't use them are the same as people kicking off over the use of the Famas in BO. If the gun is good, it's going to get used. The shotgun isn't too overpowered any more.

Glad you are enjoying it again mate.

Im really looking forward to Ghosts. My first COD!

I really am. It's been nice to get into it again and just jump on for a quick game here and there.

The game is still a little off here and there at times. I mean there were a few times yesterday where I was getting killed despite me running around the corner and there were some guys spawn killing during a couple of matches. It doesn't really bother me though as I don't take it too seriously. It's all about running and gunning for me. :D