NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

SO the Nuketown 2025 has been confirmed with Wii U pre-orders....;. so how does that work.... do you get a redeem code or something with the game to allow you to d/l it?

SO the Nuketown 2025 has been confirmed with Wii U pre-orders....;. so how does that work.... do you get a redeem code or something with the game to allow you to d/l it?

There will be a leaflet in the game box with a code where you have to enter it on the Wii U eshop

So we have to pre-order to get this level? Is this standard for the other versions? What hoops do Xbollox and Pisstation owners have to jump through? How much will this level be otherwise? Is this level on the disc? ? ?

So we have to pre-order to get this level? Is this standard for the other versions? What hoops do Xbollox and Pisstation owners have to jump through? How much will this level be otherwise? Is this level on the disc? ? ?

It's the same for the other consoles.

It's the same for the other consoles.

Thanks. So straight off we're being asked to pay extra for something that should be included as standard? I hate this practise!

Thanks. So straight off we're being asked to pay extra for something that should be included as standard? I hate this practise!

The FAQ for Nuketown 2025 is here http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/black_ops_2/blog/2012/06/30/nuketown-2025-faq

New Black Ops 2 MP Gameplay on Overflow

Edited by Mokong
fixed video link

You're not being asked to pay for anything. It's a preorder bonus. They're giving you an extra map free of charge if you preorder the game.

You're not being asked to pay for anything. It's a preorder bonus. They're giving you an extra map free of charge if you preorder the game.

Yes I know that but what happens to the people that don't preorder?

Yes I know that but what happens to the people that don't preorder?

Are you trying to be funny? If you preorder the game you get an extra map. If you don't preorder the game you don't get the map. Is this concept that difficult to understand?

If you want the map, preorder the game - simple. It's a nice bonus and as soon as my local store starts taking preorders for the Wii U and Black Ops 2 I'll be putting in mine.

Are you trying to be funny? If you preorder the game you get an extra map. If you don't preorder the game you don't get the map. Is this concept that difficult to understand?

If you want the map, preorder the game - simple. It's a nice bonus and as soon as my local store starts taking preorders for the Wii U and Black Ops 2 I'll be putting in mine.

Are you trying to be funny? Answer the question please.

Are you trying to be funny? Answer the question please.

Are you thick or just trolling? I answered your idiotic question in my original reply.

The map is a preorder bonus. If you preorder the game you get the map. If you don't preorder the game, you don't get the map.

As I said earlier

If you don't preorder the game you don't get the map. Is this concept that difficult to understand?

http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/black_ops_2/blog/2012/06/30/nuketown-2025-faq

I think Wii is maybe thinking if you don't pre-order will you still be able to download the map at a later date for a price.

So far I don't think Activision have said anything beyond "you need to pre-order to get it"

Even if they do end up charging for it to be downloaded if you hadn't pre-ordered can you really complain?

You have been given loads of notice that you can get it free by pre-ordering

I'm gonna pre-order but haven't decided if I'd bother redeeming Nuketown 2025 or not.

I figure if I don't have it then it can't be an option in any lobby I'm in :D

I think Wii is maybe thinking if you don't pre-order will you still be able to download the map at a later date for a price.

So far I don't think Activision have said anything beyond "you need to pre-order to get it"

Even if they do end up charging for it to be downloaded if you hadn't pre-ordered can you really complain?

You have been given loads of notice that you can get it free by pre-ordering

I'm gonna pre-order but haven't decided if I'd bother redeeming Nuketown 2025 or not.

Thanks Mokong. That's exactly what I mean. This is ready for launch and should be included, instead of bribing people to preorder and probably charge everybody else at a later date.

Edited by Mokong

Ok thought my post would have ended it but guess I have to spell it out. I've edited your post

Enough of the name calling and bitching now, Zechs do not respond, if you do I will delete and Wii move on

As for the map, it may be ready for Launch but it is not on the disc.... don't know if they are in a position to add it to the disc at this stage. I'd assume the production discs and printing had started before the map was finished.

Is it a money racket if they do later charge for it? Yes, but most people who will buy the game will do so on day one anyway. And I don't see too many people wanting to get the game on day one and not pre-ordering. If you want it for free then pre-order, you were intending to get it on day one anyway...why wouldn't you pre-order...unless you don't want the map, like Lost is doing

Edited by Mokong

This is one of the reasons I'm not preordering it, I don't want to play Nuketown on Black Ops 2 EVER.

Elite will only be on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 at launch, but Hirshberg says Activision is "evaluating options to bring Elite services to the PC and Wii U." Hirshberg also commented on downloadable content, which will continue to be available on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. "Our goal is to bring the Season Pass and DLC to the Wii U also, but it’s a new system and we need a bit more time to work out the details with Nintendo," he added. As always, Black Ops II downloadable content is a timed exclusive for Xbox 360.

Source: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/15/black-ops-2-elite-service-will-be-free?abthid=507c24bef871776a2500023f

Actually Nuketown was a pretty hectic affair, strategy goes out the window on this stage. What I hated most about that stage was the people who would sit at a respawn point, be it behind the fence, hedges or that little shed, it's annoying as hell.

But more often than not, I'd have a few laughs throughout. Fore example, at the very start of the match your entire team would come forward and start chucking grenades to the other side for a chance to bag a kill or two, but at least half of them get killed themselves by opposition grenades. The funniest part is that they do it every single time. :laughing:

There's only one mode where you can have any real strategy on Nuketown and that is Domination, get C and B flag and just hold down the yellow house. Don't cross the road and you'll keep your enemy spawning at the green house and never behind you.

It's the only time I don't mind Nuketown... and only with the N-E clan, randoms do not seem to understand the meaning of tactics

It's the only time I don't mind Nuketown... and only with the N-E clan, randoms do not seem to understand the meaning of tactics

Yeah, it can be a good map when its 5 N-E clan members playing otherwise you always get one random who causes a spawn flip!

As Zechs always says, Don't cross the line!!!

Call of Duty ELITE is now FREE for Black Ops II

"We've learned a lot in our first year of Call of Duty Elite, and we're very proud that we over delivered on our commitment of playable content to our premium members," said Activision Publishing CEO, Eric Hirshberg. "What we have realized is that several of the Call of Duty Elite services which are currently only available to our premium members for Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 are things that would further unite, engage and delight our player community. So we are going to make them free for Call of Duty: Black Ops II."

Edited by -Dem0-

Hold on, in the quote it says that several features will be free but in the video it says all will... ???

Edited by Kav

Q - Will the Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 DLC Map Packs and DLC Season Pass be available for the Wii U™?

A - With details for the Wii U™ game system from Nintendo being newly announced, Activision is working with Nintendo on the possibility of releasing the Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 DLC Map Packs and the DLC Season Pass for this new gaming platform, and more details will be released at a later date.

Q - Why is Call of Duty® Elite not available on the PC or Wii U™ game system from Nintendo?

A - We are currently evaluating options for Call of Duty® Elite to support the PC and Nintendo’s Wii U™ game system, however Call of Duty® Elite for Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 will not support these two platforms when the game launches on November 13th.

http://www.callofduty.com/elite/faq

Q. What if I don't preorder, can I still get the Nuketown 2025 bonus map?

A. The Nuketown 2025 downloadable map comes with each launch unit of Call of Duty: Black Ops II. So the best way to ensure you get the Nuketown 2025 downloadable map is to pre-order your copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops II now.

http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/black_ops_2/blog/2012/06/30/nuketown-2025-faq