NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Dishonored

That's generally how I try to play. I try not to be seen but it seems impossible at some times - especially in the DLC!

Oh and I've just seen the new DLC is out now, for some reason I was thinking it'd be the 16th. Good thing I have a day off tomorrow :yay:

I've got a small amount to finish on Tomb Raider before doing this, once done shall focus on Dishonored and the DLC. The DLC has been getting some good reviews, so sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

Completed Knife of Dunwall this morning. Took longer than I'd thought it would (about 7 hours with constant reloads) and was considerably more challenging that expected. But did it on low chaos, no kills and no alarms; I'll just do the same for Brigmore Witches and then do both on high chaos which should be considerably easier now - the main game was at least.

I liked it, though. It was more of the same great gameplay as the main game.

So I put away Lego Lotr and KH to play a game I haven't played before(in some form). Just finished the third mission. Going for a stealth/ghost playthrough. So far the boxes have been ticked, I just hope some inbetween mission segments haven't screwed me over and I haven't realized it.How long did that take you guys? With all the loading and replaying I must have played 8-10 hours already :p

Edited by Tales

Reloading and replaying is such a boring way to play the game though. It makes for such a better narrative when you go into a level with good intentions, all hell breaks loose and you try your best to do some damage control. Compulsively going for a ghost playthrough is so frustrating and inevitably, something will go wrong. Why play a game where you've been given all these amazing tools, and then force yourself to not use them?

The sleep darts were very handy for fixing mistakes. I did my first playthrough mostly non-lethal, but getting spotted quite a few times, so I'd have to use the sleep darts. In one section I messed up big time, so I used all my darts and kill a guard before I was able to hide, sneak around and knock out the rest.

And then I played through it again simply to enjoy the immensely fun combat, murdering everyone possible.

Reloading and replaying is such a boring way to play the game though. It makes for such a better narrative when you go into a level with good intentions, all hell breaks loose and you try your best to do some damage control. Compulsively going for a ghost playthrough is so frustrating and inevitably, something will go wrong. Why play a game where you've been given all these amazing tools, and then force yourself to not use them?

It's not really that frustrating, I kinda like to replay the sections, and learn the best path. I'm having fun at least, don't know about everyone else. And I do use the tools, would be crazy to do a no upgrades run at the same time :p

Never bothered to do a stealth run in Deus Ex, a bit more difficult there. I must try to use sleep darts more often though, keep forgetting about them and instead try to get behind and choke them.

It's not really that frustrating, I kinda like to replay the sections, and learn the best path. I'm having fun at least, don't know about everyone else. And I do use the tools, would be crazy to do a no upgrades run at the same time :p

Never bothered to do a stealth run in Deus Ex, a bit more difficult there. I must try to use sleep darts more often though, keep forgetting about them and instead try to get behind and choke them.

Deus Ex stealth runs were almost identical to lethal, the only real difference is that you used a tranq gun instead of your full arsenal (I was so bummed out there was no non-lethal alternative to the amazing Typhoon), and you got a different totally awesome animation of Jensen delivering a haymaker of almost cosmic momentum to the unsuspecting jaw of whichever poor sod was between you and the next room.

Fuck, now you've made me want to play Human Revolution again. THANKS BRO.