NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

Assassin's Creed III

Finally got Connor in his assassin getup... Didn't think it would take this long. Some massive graphical errors going on. It took a good five seconds for a bannister to appear in a cutscene, draw distance isn't that great and sadly the audio has been going out of sync.

But it's still fun.

Looks like Ubisoft finally released some dlc for the game too! Hope this means that Nintendo have worked out the kinks in their online so that all developers can distribute dlc to the WiiU versions of games at the same time as the 360 and PS3 versions.

Having played and become bored of the previous AC games, I cant believe how much I am loving this game!

I love how you can just spend hours hunting animals and do missions for such a huge range of characters outside of the main story arc. Building your homestead is also extremely rewarding and seeing the environment in different seasons is mindblowing. The attention to detail eclipses most games and the animus info here is staggering. The only thing I am gutted about is that we'll probably not see another AC on Wii U.

I would recommend this game to all N-E gamers! It's also the most fun, 'messing about' sandbox experience I've had since San Andreas.

Having played and become bored of the previous AC games, I cant believe how much I am loving this game!

I love how you can just spend hours hunting animals and do missions for such a huge range of characters outside of the main story arc. Building your homestead is also extremely rewarding and seeing the environment in different seasons is mindblowing. The attention to detail eclipses most games and the animus info here is staggering. The only thing I am gutted about is that we'll probably not see another AC on Wii U.

I would recommend this game to all N-E gamers! It's also the most fun, 'messing about' sandbox experience I've had since San Andreas.

I couldn't have said it any better myself!

I'm playing through darksiders 2 before I pick this up. Really enjoyed what I played of AC2 so looking forward to seeing how good AC3 is!

I've got this, but I'm trying to complete Batman first as there is only so much rooftop shenanigans I can handle.

I've got this, but I'm trying to complete Batman first as there is only so much rooftop shenanigans I can handle.

The roofs are fairly far apart in this game, you won't be doing as much as you may think. I've mostly been using horse to travel.

Had a look into this via UK Hot Deals and it's apparently £29 in store.

I'm still a huge advocate of this game and surprised many of you didn't pick this up or plan on getting it in the long run. It's phenomenal.

Is this offer in store too?

Wow, those prices are an absolute bargain!! This games deserved all of my €60,- :D

Seriously, if you want thirdparty bighitters on Wii, this is together with Arkham City the best HD twin port. Ubisoft really deserves my respect!

I did, for the trophy, but it wasn't bad thing, kinda fun actually, trying triangulate them.

Purchased from amazon! Should hopefully arrive tommorow along with my Ni No Kuni Wizard edition. Huzzah!

Bumpish.

Did anyone bother with the pivot thingies after the main quest?

Yep, nice little sidegame, although the reward for finishing it wasn't really that satisfying...

I do plan on getting this, but when it's really cheap, like 15 quid or under.

I wouldnt even pay that to be honest.

I just find Assassin's Creed totally boring to play. Played AC: II and have no desire to play another game in this series.

I ended up really hating AC 1 & 2 and rented revelations before thinking: sod it.

Got this for Christmas and it just sat there. When I finally sat down to it I couldn't tear myself away from it.

The range of settings makes it infinitely more interesting rather than just being in another town/city. I also like the fact that it's not...well, boring.

When you are running through a vast mountainous forest only to stumble upon a small farming village in the middle of nowhere which is set apart from the ever-expanding 1700 New York it just hits you how things were back then. Ubi nailed this setting. You can get lost in it for days.

The other games in the series seemed to rely too much on their mechanics and backdrops forgetting that fun is what makes a game. You would just climb another non-descript building after another too, escaping the 'GTA' alike Police radar. I found this too stressful when wanting to explore the history/rich backdrop elements of the game.

Yet AC3 brings the fun like no other game in the series in my opinion. I think it's because you are given room to breathe in the context of the games setup which strangely makes it feel even more vast.

For those who haven't played it on other systems a £20/£25 price point is superb for such an amazing game. If you don't like this as an action adventure I have no idea what you would like. It has a bit of everything in it.

Edited by tapedeck

So I finished the main story arc on this tonight and have enjoyed every single second of it. The missions were varied with lots of surprises along the way (sailing, hell, how good is sailing!) and there is still loads to do. I've put in 44hours (un-heard of these days, thank God for the Gamepad!) and have only completed 47% of the game!

Of note: I never had any of the reported serious bugs that seem to have struck some others. There were some minor bugs (clipping mainly). But I have yet to play a sandbox game without experiencing clipping/ragdoll physics funnies. Also, these aspects make the AC3 Miiverse genuinely funny/interesting.

But yeah...WHAT a game. As I stated earlier, wasn't a fan of AC 1/2 but this struck a chord with me. The setting is immense but it's the missions and 'fun' here that's key. If you are on the fence...get off it and get playing.

It's a AAA third party game released in a timely fashion and with a ton of enhancements that are flexible and make sense. It also has online modes galore and achievements. (You can also use the Pro controller if you want that PS360 feel).

I was after a trinket heavily guarded by 5/6 guards. There were cougars nearby so I let them follow me to the guards by climbing in the trees. They took care of the guards when seeing them. Nicely, the guards took a couple of them out with their gunshots all while I sat in a tree enjoying the madness. I then waltzed in and took the trinket, and - as I needed the cash - skinned the cougars for pelt and looted the bodies. Great fun!

Edited by tapedeck

This has just been dropped in price at The Hut, 19.99 UK pounds. And, I still can't get myself to buy it, too much of a backlog, what with Deus EX and Sleeping Dogs, etc. also on the horizon.

This has just been dropped in price at The Hut, 19.99 UK pounds. And, I still can't get myself to buy it, too much of a backlog, what with Deus EX and Sleeping Dogs, etc. also on the horizon.

Too bad, this game is still by far the game I've put the most time in on my Wii U.

Really a great game, especially since it was my first AC game :)

Too bad, this game is still by far the game I've put the most time in on my Wii U.

Really a great game, especially since it was my first AC game :)

Yip. An absolutely stunning example of what a PS3/360 gen could be. it is also a game with great Wii U integration too and achievements and varied play mechanics - yet even at £20, it remains a game that Wii U owners are somewhat unwilling to play. :hmm: