NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

Assassin's Creed III

How was that gameplay? :p
Yeah that's what I thought, but it was only a teaser for the full video to come soon... which hopefully will have some actual gameplay.

In fact, this video was made to be the first trailer of the game by one of the development team but wasn't chosen by the marketing team... I really don't know why they named it like that though. (Don't ask how I know that)

Games like this are the most positive thing to take away from the conference probably - that Nintendo is getting some of the biggest upcoming multi-platform titles.

Of course, like ME3, it's probably kind of silly to expect people to buy a game in a long-running franchise on this system, when most of the fanbase for the franchise is already well established on the other currently available consoles, and have little reason to want to buy the next title on this system rather than the one they have the rest of the games on.

Map an inventory...killer!

Games like this are the most positive thing to take away from the conference probably - that Nintendo is getting some of the biggest upcoming multi-platform titles.

Of course, like ME3, it's probably kind of silly to expect people to buy a game in a long-running franchise on this system, when most of the fanbase for the franchise is already well established on the other currently available consoles, and have little reason to want to buy the next title on this system rather than the one they have the rest of the games on.

At least it's not a year old game!

@dazzybee The best thing about that would be not having to have any of it on the TV itself though, which I presume they'll do! HUD free always looks so good!

The gameplay looks incredible!

(there's still the issue of soldiers standing back/taking it in turns to attack, but still)

I don't understand how you know what to do! How did that guy know how to do all those things/where to go/when to hide etc... all looked extremely fluid and impressive!

(bit strange though how your character is in such conspicuous gear, and yet they don't see him in the market when he walks right past them, or when he's stood inbetween those two other people). :p

I don't understand how you know what to do! How did that guy know how to do all those things/where to go/when to hide etc... all looked extremely fluid and impressive!

Have you played the other Assassin's Creed games? Because that looked pretty normal to me, with a few additions like moving hay, more natural looking cover and climbing trees.

No I haven't played the others. I've watched Eddage play the first game though.

I know it's how the series play, but would the guy playing the demo basically have had markers or something come up on the map then? How did he know for example to hide at that moment just before he walked with the group of four, and the guards were shouting, 'I think he went that way'.

Also, he was a Ubisoft employee. So he got some practice. But it looks absolutely fantastic. I want its babies.

I was under the impression he was just dicking around (rather than doing a mission or anything), and you learn how the guards react to stuff.

He is an Ubi guy, he knows when and where to go. Plus he has an ubisoft thing around his neck.

The mission revolves around him taking out different soldiers. Why didnt they show this at the conference? I love Batman: AC but they should of shown this instead.

I think he was doing a mission. He had the woman taunt the guard she wanted dead and got to walk into the dock with a group of disguised guards.

This is looking better now that they've shown footage which isn't in a snow covered forest, it was starting to get boring.

Source: http://techtroid.co.uk/assassins-creed-3-will-be-better-on-wii-u-12917

Assassin’s Creed 3 will be Better on Wii U

Published June 12, 2012 | By Jamie Giggs

Ubisoft has said the unique features available on the Wii U make Assassin’s Creed 3 for the new console the definitive version.

Alex Hutchison, the Creative Director, said: “Assassin’s Creed 3 is obviously an open world game and we’re dealing with huge expanses. It’s by far the biggest Assassin’s Creed we’ve built to date so having a map – a larger map – at your disposal at all times is a big win. It allows you to plan your navigation, see when enemies are nearby so the bigger the map, the better in our universe.”

Hutchinson also commented on how the combat is better on the Wii U version: “During combat on the Wii U, you have always have access to all your other tools and weapons on the controller itself. So at any point you can very easily switch between your tomahawk and knife or hidden blades and sword without going into a menu.

“We have a new move called the running assassination. You can imagine charging into combat, taking out your first enemy, immediately killing a second with your tomahawk and knife, using a pistol to shoot a third and then switching using the controller to a smoke bomb to affect your escape.”

Of course, while it may be the ‘best’ version of the game, it means buying a new console at the end of the year for it.

Which version of the game will you be buying?

-----------

Edited by madeinbeats

New Gameplay Walkthrough (don't know which version)

Looks nice and varied with plenty of options.

Though bit convienient it ends with you exiting out like that, because it certainly looked like he'd have a hard time getting out of there!?

It's the PS3 version. Here's

for those that don't get along with GT's player.

New Gameplay Walkthrough (don't know which version)

Looks nice and varied with plenty of options.

Though bit convienient it ends with you exiting out like that, because it certainly looked like he'd have a hard time getting out of there!?

Have you played Assassin's Creed games before? He didn't exit anything. Whenever you kill an important character, the world around you breaks down for a while so they can have a little chat. Then you're thrown back into the scene so he will still have to exit the place. It's never too hard though. A smoke bomb and then a tree and he's out quickly enough.

I really don't see how Assassin's Creed would work with a Wiimote. A standard controller barely has enough buttons for these games!