NEurope

I might start a bit earlier than 8, cos I'm not sure how late I wanna be up. Plus I tend to play with a few friends in the evenings, so maybe be on about 6 onwards, but at 8 I'll be with yous.

Well Operation N-E Halo Night was a failure. I did have Rummy join for a while and we had a lot of fun playing grifball. One game was particularly epic, we came back from 4-1 down to win 5-4!

I'm hoping there will be more of us on tonight?

I came on at about 10:30pm but I think it over by then. Sadface.

Not sure if I will be on tonight.

Ahh yeah, I saw you come on but I was just on my way off then. I'll be on this eve methinks from about 6 onwards.

Is there any way to tell whose lag is causing lagginess? Or does it all appear the same to an observer? I was experiencing quite a bit last night, and i thought it might have been me, but couldn't tell.

I assumed that if I was leaping around all over the place, then it was my lag, but if the other person is doing the jumping, it is them. Is that how it works?

I don't think so because someone'll host the game and you'll be connected - lag in either direction'll cause a problem; non?

I think sometimes if you bring up the scores(back) you get a little orange or red bar to people - I find most often when lag's happening EVERYONE looks red to me; so I assume it's the host lagging the most. More recently we've(me and my friends when on) been noticing some strange lag issues, often we'll all be afflicted but sometimes to varying levels. My mate said she was playing in the game whilst mine was still blurry/loading, another time one of my mates was playing when the rest of us wasn't. Another absolute fuckfest of lag, the top player of the other team score 20 points more than the actual score limit! I notice on some occasions of this weird/extreme lag where some folks aren't in the game/are still loading, some people manage to load in and play fine - no idea if it's then a NAT type issue or what.

One thing, even when lagging, our party chat stays fine. Also sometimes now we rock in game chat, and that stays fine despite the differing lag - I have a feeling the chat works through different means and possibly gives a better/direct connection to people if they're on your friends list. All speculation, though.

Yeah i think when I pulled up the scores, it said that everyone had red bars so i presume it was the host.

@Rummy

I was confused because i didn't have a headset, and so could barely hear you.

I was further confused because you could somehow hear me.

Then i realised it was the Kinect microphone!

Anywho, without a headset you are very quiet. I shall have to see if i can find my headset for next time.

Ohhh. Ohhhhhhhhhh! I was like 'bob's a bit echo'ey!' - that totally explains things! I invited you cos it showed the little speaker as if you had a mic see. Could you or could you not hear my friends? We had some weird things recently where despite being in party chat, some of them couldn't hear each other if they weren't xbox friends which was a bit weird.

I could not hear your friends (apart from i think i heard Claire (?) through your mic, but she was too quiet to hear.

I think it is a setting that you have to turn on - i.e do you want to be able to hear everyone, or only friends. I tried turning mine on, but it didn't do anything. Perhaps they had to as well, or you had to restart after changing it.....

Anyway good game, good game, as Brucie would no doubt say.

Aye, our warthog ventures we enjoyable if admittedly not very fruitful. I think we'll be on again this eve if anyone else is!

Had the best match of my life last night. Literally, it was awesome. Best bit was when i tried out the Gauss Hog gun thing. So much easier to shoot with no bugger trying to drive you around! I killed about 8 people until someone on my team ruined it by climbing in and driving towards the enemy, who then destroyed us. Rubbish.

Not sure if this link will work...

Nothing makes you feel like a badass more than destroying n00bs, amiright?

Man I love that cannon myself, but as you said you gotta have a driver with some sense(who either goes slow, or stops when you're trying to pick a ton of guys off). I very rarely find such a person, and I immediately find myself absolutly hating the abbhorrent warthog when I see the other team has it - instantly deciding it's clearly a very unfair thing to have ;)

When driving a warthog, you either have hang back and play defensively, picking off people as they come into range, or keep moving and never stop. Stopping in the middle of group of guys usually spells death. I tend not to use the normal hog because they nerfed it so much since Halo 3, but the gauss hog is still bloody awesome.

I've been playing infrequently recently, my brother has actually been using my account a lot so it's usually him you're seeing online. But I hope to get back into it now they've added some new playlists. Still waiting for that next map pack though!

Anybody else been on this week? Went on for the first time yesterday, and for those of us who are a little less tactical and just after some fun/mayhem, they've released a gametype called Action Sack.

http://www.readyuplive.com/showthread.php/13112-Halo-4-Action-Sack-Review

Action Sack came to Halo 4 matchmaking today, and it is AMAZING! Action Sack has got me back into Halo 4! Team Action Sack is just crazy hectic fun that you can enjoy solo or with friends. Here is what I think about all of the gametypes.

1. Fiesta Slayer - If any gametype could make you scream of joy, Fiesta can! In Fiesta Slayer, you get an ordnance right off the spawn AND ordnance after every kill you get! Player speed is increased to keep the kills flowing. This gametype is my personal favorite. It feels like Halo 3, just a bunch of crazy wacky fun!

2. Binary Slayer - Binary Slayer consists of no scoping and long range encounters. You spawn with a Binary Rifle, Energy Sword, and an infinite Thruster Pack. Player speed is increased so it is hilarious to watch somebody trying to shoot you put miss by a mile. If you are having trouble with the Binary, just thruster pack up there with a sword and slice away!

3. Rockets And Rails - The name explains itself, EXPLOSONS ERYWHERE BROSKI! You spawn with a jetpack so prepare for a firework show! Some people hate Team Rockets in past Halo games but it really works in this game. C'mon , Rockets, Rail Guns, Jet Pack, Dexterity, WHATS NOT TO LUB?!

4. Lightning CTF - Lightning CTF is one of the most crazy gametypes I have ever played! One shot Light Rifle kills, instant touch flag returns, 5 second respawns. This gametype has alot of those lubable CRAY CRAY moments!

So yeah, grab some friends and try out Action Sack! I hope you guys liked this review!

I was actually going on to do some custom type Binary Slayer with a few halo friends, so it was quite handy seeing it on there officially! Admittedly there's much less tactical edge to it, but it's kidna fun.

I did not like that guys review.....

.....but Action Sack looks like a lot of fun!

It was a pretty weak review. I give it 4/10.

I haven't seen the lightning CTF one yet, but yeah I'll probs be playing a fair ol' bit of this this evening if I go online.

Sorry to bump, but i completed the main campaign yesterday. Wow, i was impressed for my first Halo game. Only 1 little gripe though

The final boss. How easy was it to kill him, i felt a little let down by it. I was expecting a final showdown-esque battle where he was trying to pursuade you that you're doing it wrong, but it overall means you would have won anyway. But it felt lack-luster to me. Especially after the build-up

Yeah the final boss was ridiculously shit

Tell me about it. I was expecting something a lot more than that. It was basically on-par with Fable II as worst boss ever (in my eyes that is).

At least Hitman made things better.

Apparently there's an update that now shows you your Competitive Score Ranking or something like that. Basically it ranks you from 1-50 based on how well you're doing in that playlist, so if you're doing well in Slayer (for example) you might have a CSR of 40. But it can go down as well as up. Play crap for a few games and it'll reflect your shitness.

Mine's going to be terrible!

Edit: Played a few games last night, and thought i played rather well.....my CSR is only 1.. :(

Edited by 130131301364

Sorry to bump, but i completed the main campaign yesterday. Wow, i was impressed for my first Halo game. Only 1 little gripe though

The final boss. How easy was it to kill him, i felt a little let down by it. I was expecting a final showdown-esque battle where he was trying to pursuade you that you're doing it wrong, but it overall means you would have won anyway. But it felt lack-luster to me. Especially after the build-up

I too just finished the campaign (i know i'm terribly slow, i don't get much time to game anymore).

Over all it was good - not as satisfying as some of the other campaigns; 1 and 3 had the best endings i think, and Reach had the best all-round single-player.

Yeah i thought the boss battle was incredibly shit. Especially since you kill him with one of his own grenades - the very same grenade that is so shit, i don't think i've actually killed anything with one up until that point. Also, why didn't the grenade explode like it usually does? Rubbish.

About the TV series, if it was based around the team in ODST I would so watch the fuck out of it.