N-Europe

Lucas Blood and the Calendar Case: Cupid's Arrow

Beast

"Hmmm...I do have an idea, although it may sound stupid..." said Smith.

Blood looked at him, waiting for the answer.

"Well, Cupid could be the name of the killer..." thought Smith.

Blood looked at him as if he said something ridiculous. "So you're telling me that a serial killer is ready and willing to give his name out?"

"Well, maybe he LIKES being called Cupid. I mean, come on, who is called Cupid in real life?"

"True but even so, it's highly unlikely..."

Smith was thinking of something else. "Okay, there's one thing you can't deny though, you can't deny that there could be a death today."

"....My God, you're right! Valentine's Day, of course! But there's no clue as to where we could find him...none at all"

Smith looked at him and then at the piece of paper on the desk, specifically at the second line:

WHICH IS OKAY WITH CUPID, THE ANGEL OF LOVE

"Why is that part of the second line standing out to me for?" asked Smith.

Blood shrugged his shoulders and then suddenly, it clicked.

"Is this...could it be possible..." wondered Blood.

"What? Tell me, we're running out of time!" rushed Smith.

"Okay, long shot but I think Puzzle is asking for me. He's challenging me. Remember the last time and what happened? You know how we had to think outside the box? What if we have to think further outside the box? What if there's a puzzle somewhere in the world and we have to find it today?"

"Okay, you've lost me now..." Smith said.

"Smith, you don't realise it but you're a genius, that line tells us everything, we just need to find it!"

"Find what?"

"Find me" said Blood. "We need to look for me at the one place where single people such as myself would probably go..."

Do you know what Blood is saying?

A) "Find what? I don't know what you mean" (Time lost)

B) "Of course! The second line is saying..." (Own answer needed)

C) "We have to think outside the box...but I have no clue what you're on, Blood" (Hint)

OKcupid.com?

(Oh, someone beat me)

Although this is the real killer.

The quote from the page:

Well done Blood, you've passed this test. Now let's see how good you really are.

Two people share one world. One could be safe but for the other, it's too late.

What you need to do is realise

What's in front of your eyes

A woman who owns a secret that everybody knows is the person you are looking for.

Valentine's Day is the best time for her secret.

You have to search for it, look four or five down and see, the description will tell you everything if you've done it correctly.

Now you have two places to choose.

You can have a kiss from a Rose or find out a secret

I've figured it out! The murderer is... this guy!

Wrong. It's the creator! ;)

Very good everybody, there's just one more thing you need to find before you can find either one of them. The location (or destination, rather ;)).

=======

Well done Blood, you've passed this test. Now let's see how good you really are.

A woman who owns a secret that everybody knows is the person you are looking for.

You have to search for it, look four or five down and see, the description will tell you everything if you've done it correctly.

You can have a kiss from a Rose or find out a secret

I seem to get

“It was my first boyfriend, first time being in love, first Valentine's Day ... had her, “best and ideal,” Valentine's Day yet, and admitted she puts a

and

"So, any big plans for Valentines Day?" ... She smiled as she realized that there was one person who always had time for her. ... This was not turning out to be the best Valentines Day she'd ever spent. ... Then there was her 'secret admirer'

But I don't think I'm doing the right thing.

Smith suddenly replied as an idea formed in his head. "I know what we have to do! There's a dating site called OKCupid, maybe the killer wants us to go there. He sent you that riddle so maybe he's made a profile of your name or something."

Blood nodded and turned on his computer. He double-clicked on the Internet and started to type the website address in the search bar and hey presto, there was results!

"Oh my God, he actually went this far?" Blood asked himself.

"Looks like it, what does it say?" asked Smith.

You can have a kiss from a Rose or find out a secret.

"What could that mean?" asked Blood.

"Okay, so let's dissect the riddle...well done Blood, yadda yadda yadda. Two people share one world, one could be safe but for the other, it's too late...could this mean that one of them is already dead?" asked Smith.

"I was thinking the same thing myself."

"...a woman who owns a secret that everybody knows is the person you are looking for? What could that mean?" asked Smith.

"I've no idea, read on."

"Valentine's Day is the best day for her secret. You have to search for it, four or five down and see, the description will tell you everything if you've done it correctly. Now you have two places to choose. You can have a kiss from a Rose or find out a secret"

Blood sighed.

Smith read the riddle again.

Blood thought about it and then he asked to see the riddle.

After reading it, Blood noticed something.

"Look at the last line: You can have a kiss from a Rose or find out a secret."

"What about it, Luke?"

"Look at the word 'rose', notice anything?" asked Blood.

"...Uh...the song?" he asked. "Maybe we need to listen to the song, there might be a clue..."

"The word also has a capital R, this must be about a person! Rose!" he said.

"Whatever it is, we need to find out where to go!"

"So what are we going to do? Victoria's Secret or Kiss from a Rose?"

What should we do?

A) I think Victoria's secret is the key to find them both...(50% chance)

B) I think the song will be the way to go...(50% chance)

That's a good point, from the song, all I can come up with is "some old lighthouse somewhere", so. Victoria's secret gives us a street.

I'm going to change to A. Plus, the puzzle required much more work, whereas the song was pretty much given to us.

"I think the song isn't what we think it is. I know that song off by heart and all it mentions is a lighthouse." said Smith.

"That's quite true, there's no exact location. He could be anywhere! I think we should look on Google and try to find out about Victoria's Secret" smiled Blood.

Smith smiled back. "Yeah, for investigation purposes, I feel we should also look at some pictures and see if she appears in one of them!"

Blood laughed. "Good thinking, Robin!"

Blood accessed his computer and typed in the web address for Google, typed in Victoria's Secret and hit enter. There were some results but one that caught his eye.

"There's a Victoria's Secret opening on New Bond Street. It's the first ever one in the UK. I bet that's where he'll be and I think that's where Rose will be too."

Blood put on his coat and walked away. Smith looked at Blood's computer and sat down and looked at the screen.

"Yeah, she's totally hot!" he said to himself.

"Smith, come on, we're on an investigation!" he yelled back.

Smith instantly hit the escape button, turned off the screen and ran to Blood.

"Hey, I'm a happily married man, I can look but I can't touch!"

Find out what happens when Blood and Smith go to New Bond Street later.