NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Weight Loss & Fitness 2012

Nah, squats are painful in the extreme. If you don't feel like your legs are latex tubes filled with playdough by the end of it, you're doing it wrong =p.

If it's painful you're probably doing something wrong...

If it's not painful you're not doing anything at the gym properly. We're not talking serious pain but if you're not feeling any discomfort at all you're not pushing yourself hard enough.

But then I wouldn't describe the feeling of having weightlifted as painful? I get DOMS after the first session of a work out in ages, but the actual event of doing the leg press till I can't really walk isn't what I'd call painful.

Painful makes sound worse than it is but discomfort is a source of pain so meh.

But then I wouldn't describe the feeling of having weightlifted as painful? I get DOMS after the first session of a work out in ages, but the actual event of doing the leg press till I can't really walk isn't what I'd call painful.

Yeah I'd agree with this - I know the exact feeling that you're talking about, JonSt but it probably isn't pain as such.

The technical term could be being 'absolutely fucked'?

Just checked my blood pressure, it's 119/60. The diastolic is really low, which means so is blood volume, explaining why I've been getting tired really easily during my runs these days. Need to keep myself hydrated, and cut out the booze. Resting pulse is 62 bpm though, which is great.

I was going to ask if that was a bit low but after checking myself, I am also 62bpm. So I guess not.

70-90 is normal resting bp, but if you are extremely fit your heart as a muscle will be larger, and more capable of pushing blood around with less beating, so as low as 60 is considered normal (depending on your lifestyle)

Gaiz, blood pressure and heart rate are separate things. Blood pressure doesn't change very much regardless of rate of activity, but heart rate changes drastically.

I wouldn't call myself extremely fit. I exercise like twice a week, eat like a horse and sleep a lot.

Gaiz, blood pressure and heart rate are separate things.

Who said they were the same?

I thought Raining was getting muddled, because I think 60 diastolic is considered borderline dangerous. I was just skimming though =p

I'm a bit late to the party Richter, but bleeh. Squatting really takes all of the energy out of me. Pain seems like a good word to describe it, because it feels like you're lifting the entire world with your legs. I'm fucked afterwards, but then that's how I know I'm taking it seriously.

If I find I'm breezing through the exercises without any effort, then that shows I'm not doing it right. I go there to push myself.

My biology teacher said between 60 and 80 is normal, and said athletes can have really low heart rates. A swimmer in my class was at 48 or something. The teacher also said he used to have his around 40 when he was doing rugby, not that I believed him :p

Ran another 5km today, well on course to complete my 30 miles in a month goal, which makes me happy. I just wish my Nike + would stop being such a pain occasionally.

Ran another 5km today, well on course to complete my 30 miles in a month goal, which makes me happy. I just wish my Nike + would stop being such a pain occasionally.

What's wrong with it? In the year and a half i've used it, i've not encountered a single problem.

*Touches Wood*

What's wrong with it? In the year and a half i've used it, i've not encountered a single problem.

*Touches Wood*

With my iPhone. It's supposed to sync wirelessly after a run, but a couple of times after a long run it's just failed to do so with no explanation as to why. It's even told me it has, and yet there's nothing on my profile and my goal hasn't been updated. That moment I realise it's refusing to update is a little devastating, I'm not going to lie.

So you've been running for a year and a half? How far is your average run compared to what it used to be when you started out? Or is it less a distance improvement and more a time to run a certain distance improvement? I mean, I only started a week and a half ago, but I'm really enjoying myself. Though, I only ever run at night. I'm still a bit too nervous to do it during the day, I'd feel far too self conscious.

Edited by Slaggis

I'm always worried about my bpm. Mine is always, like, 100. My heart is strangely fast no matter what I'm doing :s

[does no exercise...has ridiculous metabolism...no reason to be in this thread]

With my iPhone. It's supposed to sync wirelessly after a run, but a couple of times after a long run it's just failed to do so with no explanation as to why. It's even told me it has, and yet there's nothing on my profile and my goal hasn't been updated. That moment I realise it's refusing to update is a little devastating, I'm not going to lie.

So you've been running for a year and a half? How far is your average run compared to what it used to be when you started out? Or is it less a distance improvement and more a time to run a certain distance improvement? I mean, I only started a week and a half ago, but I'm really enjoying myself. Though, I only ever run at night. I'm still a bit too nervous to do it during the day, I'd feel far too self conscious.

Hmm, i've never actually used my iPhone for it, always used my iPod Touch, so not sure what the problem is there.

I'm at the stage now where my only real boundary is time constraints. I'll generally run 11km at a time, which usually takes about an hour or so. I've got a pretty good level of fitness now that I don't really get 'tired' anymore. Running at night is actually proven to be better for you as it's colder, your body uses more energy to heat itself therefore you expend more. I always prefer it too as I don't have to worry about dodging traffic.

http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikeplus/en_GB/plus/#//runs/history/228118290/

That's my Nike+ profile if you fancy a look.

Edited by Jon

I'm always worried about my bpm. Mine is always, like, 100. My heart is strangely fast no matter what I'm doing :s

[does no exercise...has ridiculous metabolism...no reason to be in this thread]

A resting bpm of 100 or above is tachycardic.

Yeah, I really doubt it's 100 dude. Have you actually measured or are you just assuming?

even mines not 100 and i'm moderately obese and pretty unhealthy at the moment.... mines in the 70s usually. Oh, and yes i meant HR earlier, not bp, getting myself confused lol =P

My dad went to cardiac rehab today, and they take everyones resting pulse for progress stats (and ultimately funding) and my dad's was 51.... He's on meds to lower his bp/cholestrol/everything and he's also gotten EXTREMELY fit (even though he already exercised 3x a day prior to heart attack) He's basically nothing but lean muscle @ 16 stone and 6 ft 2... yet doesn't look like a bodybuilder at all... im not really sure how he does it...

I just did a few checks now and it's not as fast as usual. I got an average of 86 which still isn't healthy though...

Do you live in a burner bonzo? Like, a shit sled...a meth mobile, spending your time cranking, tweaking and just all out huffing some gnarly uppers? Cause if not, you might want to see a doctor.