NEurope
The Peeps

Cloak and Dagger Mafia

I was one of the agents who stayed in the office last night, but I wad heading out before I found a note which confused me enough to stay in the office.

To clarify, I was afi (away from internet) for the majority of weds - NAOW. I was a target switcher i.e. anyone targetting x instead targets y, and vice-versa. Switched diageo and rez night 1, myself and jonnas night 2 and myself with mr-paul last night.

Last night I was role-swapped (no langer a switcher), bound and locked in my room and boosted (which never happened due to lock-in). My PM suggests that I didn't switch targets last night, suggesting I was still in my office, about to leave, when Shit Happened. Some of you will know immediately whether I did switch (i.e. if you're the booster and you aimed for me and got me, then you know I didn't switch successfully!

Vote: mr-paul. One of three I worry for.

Well done yvonne for leaving the cryptic clue.

Clever. :) I am perfectly willing to follow suit, but we should definitely make the most of the day and follow up on all our leads. I saw jayseven viewing the thread just moments ago.

To clarify, I was afi (away from internet) for the majority of weds - NAOW. I was a target switcher i.e. anyone targetting x instead targets y, and vice-versa. Switched diageo and rez night 1, myself and jonnas night 2 and myself with mr-paul last night.

Last night I was role-swapped (no langer a switcher), bound and locked in my room and boosted (which never happened due to lock-in). My PM suggests that I didn't switch targets last night, suggesting I was still in my office, about to leave, when Shit Happened. Some of you will know immediately whether I did switch (i.e. if you're the booster and you aimed for me and got me, then you know I didn't switch successfully!

Vote: mr-paul. One of three I worry for.

Well done yvonne for leaving the cryptic clue.

In that case I only want to know how you found out Jonnas's role description earlier in the game.

I saw jayseven posting in this thread just moments ago.

Lies. All lies.

I have no memory of that day, dannyboy.

What do you mean?

D'oh! I feel like a fool. A PM from The Peeps I misinterpreted. Gee, I got that info during the night, a stranger left it in my office. Effectively, I'm alright. Oh, that was embarassing.

Like, I targeted Jonnas last night. I found out his job description. "Enforcer" is what I got. Should help, I think :)

You claimed to have targetted Jonnas on night 1, and you got a result that Jonnas confirmed. If you were a swapper then, you couldn't have done that. However, everything else points to you being a swapper, so how did you know? You must have got the info from somewhere else - a mafia partner, perhaps?

Or perhaps another explanation that I offered at some point.

also, to re-iterate, jonnas is definitely someone I'd love to vote for.

I'm sorry guys, but Yvonne is wrong. I am not mafia, I am a town roleblocker and my targets were:

Night 1: EddieColeslaw (random)

Night 2: No-one

Night 3: jayseven (suspicious role)

I apologise that I haven't been fully active, but I've had an intense tv workshop all week which has meant most days I've been out the house from 8 in the morning to 10 at night.

Also: you won't be able to lynch me. So my advice is rather than waste your time on me, we try to work out why Yvonne's results on me are wrong, and go down other avenues to find a mafia.

Also: you won't be able to lynch me.

There's only one way to find out...

Or perhaps another explanation that I offered at some point.

also, to re-iterate, jonnas is definitely someone I'd love to vote for.

I don't see how your vagueness is going to benefit anyone right now.

mr-paul you're confirming that you bound/gagged me and locked me in? Totes potentially true. But for me it's either mr-paul or jonnas today. Anyone else want to chip in?

@dannyboy this is a mafia game with all sorts of madness going. I suggest you refresh your memory where I cannot.

Actually with mr-paul confirmed mafia maybe we'll learn more by lynching jay? Can do mr-paul any other day?

mr-paul you're confirming that you bound/gagged me and locked me in? Totes potentially true. But for me it's either mr-paul or jonnas today. Anyone else want to chip in?

@dannyboy this is a mafia game with all sorts of madness going. I suggest you refresh your memory where I cannot.

My PM says that I saw you through the glazed window and locked the door from the outside. As far as I know, I never enter the room. I just lock people in :)

Perhaps someone else bound you before I got to you jay?

The phrase "a bird in the hand is worth two in teh bush" is utterly apt here! I've voted for your mafia boy, I've openly said what my targets have been since the start of the game and I've vaguely pointed you towards the direction of any answers for your questions. Can do no more. You're better off lynching mr-paul now, then further investigating jonnas.

Hm, the only theory I can come up with right now is that the note you received about someone having the power to force other people's posts was true. You were forced to say those things on day 2 and are now forbidden to speak of it. The flavour suggests something along the lines of mind control. If so, you probably aren't even allowed to confirm or deny this theory.

Also, reading back the thread reminded me that Diageo claimed Jonnas had also targetted Zell on night 1. This game is confusing even for a mafia game!

I was apparently redirected to jayseven last night as I received a memo suggesting that it would be beneficial to The Bureau that I targetted him. I assume this was your doing, Jonnas. However, jayseven was already my target, making the redirection redundant.

Actually, I didn't try to redirect you, I tried to redirect aqui1a to Jayseven. However, someone bumped into me, which led me to redirect the first person I encountered to Jayseven (which I now know was you, making this the second time I redirect you to someone you were already targeting :heh:)

This means there is a 3rd person who can redirect/swap targets. Either that, or mr-paul and Jayseven are in cahoots with each other, and jayseven was responsible for that (though I doubt this).

My PM says that I saw you through the glazed window and locked the door from the outside. As far as I know, I never enter the room. I just lock people in :)

Perhaps someone else bound you before I got to you jay?

For the record, I can confirm this is mr-paul's power. He was the person I accidentally redirected to myself during the second night, and the PM even mentioned he was going home before I reached him.

When people were discussing those who didn't send a target, I asked if it was important, because it was narrowing down that mr-paul was the person I redirected. Townie roleblockers and jailkeepers (which one are you, mr-paul?) are valuable, and I thought he was a townie, because mafiosos don't forget to send targets. Yvonne's results turned that theory upside down, though.

Paul, were you really the one I redirected that night? Everything indicates yes, but you didn't mention my involvement at all.

Another point worth considering is jayseven's distrust of you, Jonnas. I wonder why that is?

Well, I don't trust him, either. Everything he posts seems to contradict his previous claims.

Though I think there's another reason (keep reading)

Hm, the only theory I can come up with right now is that the note you received about someone having the power to force other people's posts was true. You were forced to say those things on day 2 and are now forbidden to speak of it. The flavour suggests something along the lines of mind control. If so, you probably aren't even allowed to confirm or deny this theory.

This is a good point. I reread Jay's posts during that day, looking if he could've been manipulated, and I'm still confused. I'll quote his posts in a jiffy.

Who was your target' date=' Diageo?[/quote']

I THINK THERE MAY BE A PLAYER HERE WHO IS ABLE TO MAKE OTHER PEOPLE POST SPECIFIC THINGS.

I THINK THERE MAY BE A PLAYER HERE WHO IS ABLE TO MAKE OTHER PEOPLE POST SPECIFIC THINGS.

@Diageo: Hm? I targeted Jonnas last night. I wasn't redirected or anything*. Is that important?

*(I mean I don't think I was' date=' it depends on how Peeps makes these games, and how the redirection powers work, it MIGHT be a possibility, but it's unlikely, yeah)

I think[/size']

vote: I THINK THERE MAY BE A PLAYER HERE WHO IS ABLE TO MAKE OTHER PEOPLE POST SPECIFIC THINGS.

Right, so Jayseven makes an innocuous post first, and then enters that panic attack. If he really got that note during the night, this wouldn't make sense, so there's a good chance he really was being manipulated into posting specific things.

If this is true, I can see why he would be suspicious of me, since the "specific thing" seems to be the fact that he "targeted" me a.k.a. the "normal" part of his post.

D'oh! I feel like a fool. A PM from The Peeps I misinterpreted. Gee' date=' I got that info during the night, a stranger left it in my office. Effectively, I'm alright. Oh, that was embarassing.

Like, I targeted Jonnas last night. I found out his job description. "Enforcer" is what I got. Should help, I think :)[/quote']

I got a note saying that someone can manipulate posts' date=' but I thought I was going to be manipulated, so I tried to warn you before the manipulator struck, but I totally manipulisinterpreted.

Like, my bad. I'm dumb. Eh, back to the game, the info on Jonnas is my investigation, the other thingy is the note I received.[/quote']

Jay's other posts seem pretty normal, he dismissed his "manipulation" claims, and reiterated the information on me. If he was being manipulated, these posts make sense.

I don't really know what to make of it, honestly. If Jayseven was manipulated, a lot of new questions arise.

@jayseven: If there's anything you can say or confirm about any of this, it would be appreciated.