N-Europe

Stuff you used to find funny, but now you don't.

Dog-amoto

I could never stand The Pub Landlord, I hated having to sit through it when everyone else was laughing hysterically.

And I actually used to love Harry Hill's TV Burp but I have to agree, it just isn't that funny any more. I watched an episode last week and barely smiled the whole way through though I think it could be partly an age thing now.

I would have to agree with you about TV Burp, the earlier series were much better.....

HOWEVER, i went to see the filming of TV Burp yesterday (episode to be screened this Saturday folks!) and Harry Hill himself is a genuinely funny man still, all the stuff he does between filming was brilliant, and often far funnier than what made it into the show. I just hope that whatever he does next will be alot better. I wish i could buy the entire TV burp series on dvd or something, but i suspect there are licensing issues?

Spaceballs.

The number of times my younger self watched that film & loved it to bits, but when i tried watching it again earlier this year it was really, really, weak.

On the brighter side, I didn't find Blackadder funny 10-15 years ago, but got the boxset for xmas last year and really enjoyed it.

I would have to agree with you about TV Burp, the earlier series were much better.....

HOWEVER, i went to see the filming of TV Burp yesterday (episode to be screened this Saturday folks!) and Harry Hill himself is a genuinely funny man still, all the stuff he does between filming was brilliant, and often far funnier than what made it into the show. I just hope that whatever he does next will be alot better. I wish i could buy the entire TV burp series on dvd or something, but i suspect there are licensing issues?

Don't they do a "Best of" DVD or something.

They do a couple of 'best of' dvds, and i'll probably buy them in a bundle at some point, but there are so many jokes that i enjoyed that didn't make it into the best of, probably a bit of OCD coming through, but i would like to have all the episodes if i could. Never mind.

I agree. I think the problem (from what I've heard) is that he's tired of watching so much TV, and so presumably doesn't pick up as many funny bits as he used to, filling the gaps instead with puppets, toys etc. Personally, I see lots of stuff during the week I think he'll pick up on, but he doesn't. Always assumed he had researchers helping him too.

Still really like him though.

I agree. I think the problem (from what I've heard) is that he's tired of watching so much TV, and so presumably doesn't pick up as many funny bits as he used to, filling the gaps instead with puppets, toys etc. Personally, I see lots of stuff during the week I think he'll pick up on, but he doesn't. Always assumed he had researchers helping him too.

Still really like him though.

Yeah, he dropped a massive hint during filming that he won't be doing it for much longer (don't know if it will make it into the show though), which is a relief for me i think. As much as i love TV burp, i think it got a bit stagnant.

I feel if i went back and watched loads of the stuff i liked as a kid, i wouldn't find it as funny now.

Bill Bailey is another comedian who seems to have gone downhill a bit. As much as i like him, his past couple of tours have been going downhill. His best so far has been Bewilderness, followed by Cosmic Jam and then Part Troll, then Tinselworm etc. Tinselworm was a bit crappy to be honest.