NEurope
Hamishmash

FAKEMONMASH - Dusk and Dawn Versions

Expect something this week. I'm sort of rebooting this and my last gen and combining them together and trying to do something really epic.

I'll be redesigning my first gen and my second gen and making one big dex with both together.

It looks a bit like Europe. A weird racist kind of Europe in which the 'proper' countries are far removed from Afrika, and the countries with high debts :laughing:

Edit: Oh, and I see you cut-off Ireland, ...of course:p

Also, I was just wondering whether or not you'll still be using some adapated Fakemon from your friendly N-Europers?

It's actually just Greece, but turned on a 90 degree angle.

tumblr_m2y4qau2X61qhyojjo1_500.png

All the towns are named after stars, which many are based on Greek heroes and villains and gods and goddesses. Dusk and Dawn's plots will hint at elements of Greek mythology and the design of some of the cities will give clues to a lost civilisation.

Also YES! I shall be using some Fakémon designed by N-Europers and I'll continue to ask for designs via the 3DS. They'll be changed greatly most of the time, but all credit will be given. :)

Edited by Hamishmash
Automerged Doublepost

Ooh, I like this theme! What is "Derrik" referring to?

I do hope to see a mention to Dionysus. He never appears anywhere, and I always enjoyed the fact that there existed a God of Wine.

Dionysus never appears anywhere? I think you're reading the wrong books. Try The Secret History, if you have Bacchic inclinations. I once went to a fancy dress party as Dionysus. :heh:

And I approve of Greek mythology mixed with Pokemon! I'm hoping for a Medusa Pokemon...

Sorry for the slow updates.

+ Some Pokémon will be based on Greek Mythology, but only a few, and only REALLY the Legendaries and Pseudo-Legendaries.

+ Derrik isn't really from anything, it just sounded good with Diana... who's not even really related to GREEK mythology, it is the Roman name.

+ This time around I will be updating you as if Diana and Derrik are going through the story. So I'll do Gym Leaders as they get to them, tell you the story of the game, when you battle the criminal team, etc.

Here's a bonus drawing... what is it???

tumblr_m39bw4vC131qaczz9o1_500.png

Dionysus never appears anywhere? I think you're reading the wrong books. Try The Secret History, if you have Bacchic inclinations. I once went to a fancy dress party as Dionysus. :heh:

Well, yeah, I was referring to lighter works and adaptations. Ares, Aphrodite and Poseidon steal all the thunder, usually. Dionysus appears where it matters, yes.

And...that party story sounds awesome, actually :heh:

+ Derrik isn't really from anything, it just sounded good with Diana... who's not even really related to GREEK mythology, it is the Roman name.

I actually thought certain human characters would have Roman names as a gag of sorts, with the name "Artemis" coming up some time later (as the one of the legendary pair, for example).

As for the picture...I thought of a pre-evolved Basilisk, but that isn't Greek (aside from the name), so... probably the pre-evolved form of some other mythological creature.

And I approve of Greek mythology mixed with Pokemon! I'm hoping for a Medusa Pokemon...

Pic or it didn't happen.

Like I said.... very, very few Pokémon will actually be based on Greek mythology.

That was my attempt at making Trapigon the grass starter... but I don't think its gone down well...

(I'm mixing and matching the starters... who do you think should be the water one... Pibit or Bobard?)

I made Frilligon a grass starter called Gilgun.

tumblr_m8vsqbPxJl1qaczz9o1_1280.jpg

woah an update? what did this come from!?

woah an update? what did this come from!?

I'm guessing procrastination from working on your comic book. :heh:

It looks cute, though.