NEurope
Hamishmash

FAKEMONMASH - Dusk and Dawn Versions

Fire or water. I prefer to look at the water one though - feels like a lol.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but it's the best place I could think of!

The Year 5 class I teach were learning about how different animals adapt to their habitats today, and I got them to design their own Pokémon, adapted to a certain environment. They actually came up with some pretty creative designs! Here's what I managed:

felice-1.jpg

Felice

The ice-cat Pokémon

Ice/Steel type

This Pokémon has developed an acute sense of hearing, as its eyes are so small to protect them from the harsh Arctic blizzards. When it hears a fish below the surface of a frozen lake, it uses its sharp, metallic claws to cut a fishing hole, then catches it with its harpoon-like iron tail.

The hardest part was coming up with its name - Felice (FEE-LICE, like feline) was the best I could do. It did get me thinking of an evolution, though - I'm thinking of a lion-like creature, where the iron from the claws and tail has spread to most of its body, apart from a thick, white mane. The name, of course, would be Felion - not only does this sound more obviously linked to feline, but Fe is the chemical symbol for iron, so its name would literally mean 'iron lion'. :)

Awesome! I like the Felion / Iron Lion pun too. Designing Fakémon is so much fun, I think more should be doing it. Did the kids know what Pokémon is? I'm interested to know how the franchise has changed over the years, if the majority of kids still talk about it.

Yeah, they know what it is, though only a small number still play the games. Those that do have a creepily obsessive knowledge of stats and moves, though, even if they're only familiar with recent gens. They didn't know that Pokémon is short for pocket monsters, though - they were shocked when I referred to them as 'monsters'!

Yamanuki: They keep their nuts behind the apron

Hehe, you just had to go there, eh? : D Although, if we're keeping up with the real Tanuki legends, I think he needs a bigger apron...

Tanuki_testicles.jpg

; D

Yamanuki: They keep their nuts behind the apron

Hehe, you just had to go there, eh? : D Although, if we're keeping up with the real Tanuki legends, I think he needs a bigger apron...

Tanuki_testicles.jpg

; D

Ha ha, I'm glad someone noticed! I just couldn't resist.

I will be updating some the common birds, bugs, normals soon. The Route 1 rubbish you get in all the gens. It's fun trying to make them interesting.

I'm drawing them now.

The children were so into designing their own Pokémon that I made a display of it! I know you can't see much of their designs, but here's some pictures:

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

It is kind of supposed to be a science display, remember, hence the focus on the environments rather than the Pokémon types.

Hamishmash, if you'd be interested in reading some of their work, drop me a PM with your email. ;)

It is really cool. I'd love to see what your favourites are closer... some of the mad ones. I'd love to try adapting them... they might give me a few ideas for this gen. :)

Sorry for the bump, but when do we get to see some more Fakemon? :)

I can only really justify doing either Fakémon or Qinc, and I think Qinc is going on another break so yeah, I can do more soon fo' sho'.

Holy-

Magnus please win all the awards! I love them. I love Pibbit! How many of my Fakémon have you designed now?

Also I have been drawing a lot of stuff for Pomelia. The GYM LEADERS are done. I'm going to be updating this project a little different than last time. I'm going to take you sort of... on the journey of the trainer while I update. With weekly updates on what Pokémon, towns, trainers and evil teams he comes across.

That's really awesome use of, ...polymic clay, I presume?

I made a Makar myself using such clay.

Magnus please win all the awards! I love them. I love Pibbit! How many of my Fakémon have you designed now?

Too many. I count fourteen.

Felt like more.

I made a Makar myself using such clay.

Looks like I've got some competition, then! :p

Well, it was my first try and I don't have a lot of time on my hands, so...

not really competition, I'd say :laughing:

scaled.php?server=607&filename=cimg0279vt.jpg&res=medium

I do, however, really like the material and intent to make more with it some time.

It's cute. If you make anything else, you should post it in the General Gallery thread. :smile:

Those Box-arts are amazing, i could buy a game without seeing any of the gameplay, aslong as it has sexy packaging. much better than these two efforts:

47491-Digimon_World_-_Dusk_(U)(XenoPhobia)-1.jpg

DW-Dawn_cover.jpg