NEurope
Goafer

Best get working on that career... (Sugar Daddy parties)

Sugar Daddy Parties Coming to the UK

The events are becoming a regular fixture in New York with the company behind them planning to introduce them in the UK.

At one event near Times Square the club is sold out and the dancefloor is lined with men, most of them over 40.

They're far outnumbered by the number of young women.

The night starts when organiser Alan Schneider makes an announcement on the microphone.

"Men, you know what to do," he says. "Women, receive their generosity. We will touch you with passion and fire all night long."

At these parties, any couples who get together usually come to what is formally called "an arrangement".

Often that will be as simple as the man buying expensive gifts for his partner or paying her a certain amount of money each time they meet.

Man: 'Would you sleep with me for £1,000,000?'

Woman: 'Yes, I think I probably would!'

Man: 'What about a fiver then?'

Woman: 'No! What kind of girl do you think I am?!'

Man: 'We've already established that, I'm just haggling over the price....'

Each to their own and all that, no one's being forced into anything. But I can't help but feel a bit sorry for both sides of the "deal". It all seems a bit empty to me. I mean, I can understand the whole "Man providing for his lady" and all that, but I've always considered that aspect to be about more than just money.

If all this is a part of a successful, career driven lifestyle, I'll stick to dead end jobs methinks. Might get a job in a chip shop just to maintain a safe distance from anything resembling this sort of lifestyle.

For the record, I'm not making this thread out of some sort of moral outrage (feel free to express your own though!), I have no strong opinions on the matter, just thought it would make an interesting discussion.

Everyone sells themselves every day of their life whether they know it or not. If all parties involved are doing it voluntarily then why not? It's a simple exchange of goods.

It's where the notion of marriages come from. Someone literally 'gives' the bride a way. It's a commodity exchange.

Everyone sells themselves every day of their life whether they know it or not.

True, but people are selling different parts of themselves. When you work, you sell your time, when this sort of thing goes on, you sell your dignity.

Not neccessarily my view, but it's a view.

Another way of looking at is is that when someone works, they sell 8 hours of their day (on average). When those 8 hours are over, they're completely free to do whatever they want. When someone sells themselves into a "relationship", they're selling their whole life, including all aspects of it, at least for that period of their lives. You're only given one life, seems a shame to waste it gold digging.

That said, it's just my opinion. Their lives are theirs to do with what they will.

It just seems really sad and degrading for both sides. The men can't get women without paying out and the women are only out for the cash =\ I expect that'd be the case on the whole anyway. There may be a few exceptions, who knows.

I guess if it's all consensual then who are we to judge?

What two consenting adults do regarding each other in private is no business of mine, nor is it the business of government or anyone else. I'll leave it at that for now.

True, but people are selling different parts of themselves. When you work, you sell your time, when this sort of thing goes on, you sell your dignity.

Saying that you are selling 'dignity' is your view, though. I'd say working from 9-5 in a dead end job is selling your dignity but plenty of people do it and within a cultural context it isn't just accepted, it's almost expected.

As for being completely free to do what you want after those 8 hours is up, well that's poo. Not even going into the time restraint, if someone decided to act in ways other than is socially acceptable, it could have repercussions at work (Plenty of politicians and footballers haven't come out because of this, for example). And then on top of that you are financially tied into the system. These women have potentially found a way to be much more free than any office worker (for example) and if freedom is what you value then it's the office worker that starts to look like the crazy one. Like you said, you only live once. It's a massive shame to waste 1/3rd of your day in a building you repeatedly go to 5+ times a week. Routine is death.

As for Peeps saying it's degrading, I don't really get that on an individual level. It's a choice these people are making. The only degradation will come from a normative view that says that this isn't normal or okay. And like Peeps said, who is anyone to judge?

I may be reading this completely wrong, but is this basically prostitution with a new name?

I may be reading this completely wrong, but is this basically prostitution with a new name?

No.

Prostitutes accept what they are. Many women don't. They'll judge prostitutes for selling themselves, yet the majority of women are attracted to success and wealth. They'll gladly open their legs after receiving a nice bit of jewellery. Prostitutes just cut out this false pretence.

Saying that you are selling 'dignity' is your view, though.

Well I did say straight after that it wasn't.

Wow, it's like your average club but with more honesty.

Edited by Wesley

I'm working on how I can bring the same idea up to Scotland. Could be a top money maker.

Everyone knows there are no rich people in Scotland.

Everyone knows there are no rich people in Scotland.

Or attractive women.

If both those statements are true then the concept will still work. Less wealthy men are only going to be able to afford less attractive women.

No.

Prostitutes accept what they are. Many women don't. They'll judge prostitutes for selling themselves, yet the majority of women are attracted to success and wealth. They'll gladly open their legs after receiving a nice bit of jewellery. Prostitutes just cut out this false pretence.

Wow, it's like your average club but with more honesty.

So unbelievably true

If both those statements are true then the concept will still work. Less wealthy men are only going to be able to afford less attractive women.

It the above quotes are true you've just invented the working mens club.... oh wait

Maybe I was being too negative...

I mean after, I met ReZ at one of these Sugar Daddy things.

Basically what Daft has already said.

It's definitely not my style (for one I'm not even 40 yet, and I'm still not that sexually desperate), but I honestly don't give a hoot about the people who do it. If that's what floats their boat, more power to 'em.

I'm supportive of sex workers, and any avenue which allows struggling people to rip-off rich old men. £300 for a date? Easy money.

It's definitely not my style (for one I'm not even 40 yet, and I'm still not that sexually desperate),

You can't afford it can you?

I'm supportive of sex workers, and any avenue which allows struggling people to stay in the same condition of life that's forced them to sell themselves to strangers in the first place; plus often put themselves at risk. The best bit is that it's often one huge cycle that they can't escape until their body has decayed to the point that it's worthless.

YEAH ME TOO!

The younger the better!

It's where the notion of marriages come from. Someone literally 'gives' the bride a way. It's a commodity exchange.

I wish I'd kept the damn receipt...

YEAH ME TOO!

The younger the better!

/ that's an extreme view/example.

One of my friends is a sex worker, he works 1 night every month, gets paid £500-700 a time, then continues on with his life.

(That said, I guess gay sex work is slightly different, in that there's no(/less) sexism and sexist violence.)

Edited by chairdriver