Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Forgotten Femmes of the 90's/00's: Lil' Kim

Paj!

KIMMEH

177347_1_f.jpg

The most in-the-mainstream-at-least successful female rapper ever probably, though her peak was a small window a long time ago, a lot of people still consider her 'The Queen'. Regardless, her career was DONE until she recently got attention for being an idiot and dissing Nicki Minaj really badly over Nicki's supposed 'Kim-diss' Roman's Revenge. This led to her atrocious new mixtape Black Friday, which sounds awful from what I've heard.

BUT she was at one point on top of her game.

Who can forget How Many Licks? It's such an elastic song.

Puerto Rican papi, used to be a deacon

Now he be suckin me off on the weekends :woops::heart:

I enjoy this one sampling/featuring Phil Collins too.

I like..know her verse from Lady Marmalade off by heart too. That song is a childhood classic though.

I have yet to delve into her acclaimed first album, but I will.

BONUS: Here's Black Friday, the title track from her shit mixtape, and the only passable song I've heard from it. Spot/hear the Nicki Minaj references! It samples the Godzilla theme, which stuns, tbf.

Spot/hear the Nicki Minaj references!
The entire song seemed like it was just slagging Nicki Minaj off...

Haven't got any time for this woman.

Can't think of anything she's ever done of any significance... sampling a song like 'In the Air Tonight' is just your generic... please notice this song please... cry for attention.

As you mentioned, the only thing that I remember her for is having a name-check at the end at the end of Lady Marmalade... not got a clue which one of the verses was hers...

What an impact!

^ None of these Forgotten Femmes are forgotten! :p

I still have Christina Millians Dip It Low Video imprinted in my mind, JLO is still current, and Cassie (was it?) never did anything anyway!

That'll be imprinted in my mind forever.

Lil Kim is someone I genuinely don't have any time for anymore. I did like "How Many Licks" once upon a time but I honestly do not give a shit about her. She is such bullshit. There are better singers and rappers out there more deserving of a Forgotten Femmes thread than her.

There are better singers and rappers out there more deserving of a Forgotten Femmes thread than her.

Yeah but these threads are reserved for a certain school of forgotten femme.

And don't you worry...ASHANTI will have her thread soon enough.

Brandy too, but I feel she's still slinging on for dear life, career-wise. And I know much of her music anyway, she was always more US-centric.

Yeah but these threads are reserved for a certain school of forgotten femme.

And don't you worry...ASHANTI will have her thread soon enough.

Brandy too, but I feel she's still slinging on for dear life, career-wise. And I know much of her music anyway, she was always more US-centric.

I'm backing Ashanti and Brandy. Both were good in their time! Should have done them instead, Paj! :(