NEurope
Ellmeister

Facebook haters gonna hate

Well then how the fuck can people complain about them? I wish there were free buses near me.

I can see how they might be annoying to cars, but a lot of car drivers use the excuse of "I'd use public transport if it was cheaper". Now there's no excuses (for people on bendy routes).

They've killed enough cyclists to warrant being removed from the streets of a city that does not suit them. I've actually been on a bendy bus that got stuck for about ten minutes because it couldn't physically turn a corner.

Are you saying that these "bendy buses" have a higher kill ratio than regular buses?

I want proof.

PROOF I SAY!

I don't really, ignore me.

They've killed enough cyclists to warrant being removed from the streets of a city that does not suit them. I've actually been on a bendy bus that got stuck for about ten minutes because it couldn't physically turn a corner.

I doubt that they're worse than normal buses.

Lorries are far more dangerous to cyclists than buses are (5 times more dangerous according to the british medical journal).

But that doesn't take into account the routes that bendy buses do. When you do, there's very little difference between them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Spotify "fix" the Facebook/Spotify account thing in a couple months. It's a good way to get a rush of new users.

And Stephen Fry can kiss my ass. He likes those awful bendy buses.

Unless you're using the iPhone app.

Also, it doesn't remember it's set to private so you have to do it every time you log on. I hope this is fixed.

The only issue at the moment is that Spotify can get things fixed but they have to wait for Facebook too, which halts the process.

It should be, I'm sure things will work out eventually.

As to Stephen Fry, I never hear about him raving about Spotify before the change, so it was nice of him to stick his oar in. I was pretty disappointed, I'm a massive fan of his.

The new profile is beautiful and anyone who disagrees is Anti-Lîfe and will be rent by an omega beam soon enough.

The timeline is everything. I can see MyPast/MyPresent/MyFuture - I can see down my own timeline. It's.

Realistically, the only reason I use facebook at the moment is to play a chess app, which I could use direct on the chess.com website. I used to like catching up on pictures and statuses of people but I do really feel that the news feed makes it more difficult and generally makes the whole facebook experience a lot less trivial. I'm seriously considering getting all my pics off the site (to maintain a copy, as I've been through a few laptops/computers and don't generally have copies of them anymore) and just leaving facebook.

But then again, I really feel like I'm being an old man with how I approach the whole thing. I don't use modern social networking to any sort of personal advantage. I'd rather retreat and just use whatever services the internet provides if and when I need them. Facebook's IM/chat system is pretty much all that keeps me there, after chess. There's like 3 people I chat to frequently... bleh. Just... bleh.

By the way - Spotify has a feature now called Private listening, if you start to listen to stuff you don't want n-e knowing about ;) - mostly to appease people like Charlie, before this you could setup certain things to private.

Also Spotify racked in a ridiculous amount of new users with the facebook thing, they've certainly not shot themselves in the foot by any means. :P

No idea what anyone else has said in the thread, and I'm steaming, but the private listetning is alll I was looking for so I'm happy and I"ll lett it ocnenct to Facebook acgain so Ic can see what m yfriends ar doing.

Don't really like the news feed as I preferred seeing the Recent Stories at the top rather than the stories Fb deems important. Is there a way yet to limit what Facebook friends can see on your wall? Like I might not want work colleagues seeing what family members post to it. Or even be able to track down family members via my friends list? I like privacy :)

No idea what anyone else has said in the thread, and I'm steaming, but the private listetning is alll I was looking for so I'm happy and I"ll lett it ocnenct to Facebook acgain so Ic can see what m yfriends ar doing.

The private listening was always going to be a feature, so it's good it's sorted. I've not used it as I'm not bothered at all, but let me know how it goes.

It's quite funny how it wasn't just Spotify that was merging with Facebook, there were other companies too, but because Daniel spoke at the f8 conference and none of the others did, people keep forgetting about them. :geek:

I suppose it's because no other company hooked their future onto Facebook as much as Spotify did.

You made me look on that shitty (Facebook inspired) notification system for that GIF?

You're the reason why I'm leaving KNEE.

You made me look on that shitty (Facebook inspired) notification system for that GIF?

You're the reason why I'm leaving KNEE.

GHajz.gif