NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

Xenoblade Stock Watch

So, for a game I barely know anything about I find myself wanting more and more and more but I...cannot find it anywhere! I was thinking maybe others out there are in a similar position, and so I've decided to create this thread; if you find Xenoblade somewhere...post here for any fellows who are after it to find!

I've checked pretty much all the online retailers, thehut/zavvi, gameplay, coolshop, play, amazon, shopto and probably another couple I've forgotten.

So far, right now, nowhere has any! I've not so much checked out high street places, though I think I did see my local Game had it on the shelf priced up at £40(i'm looking to pay 30 and no more) though even then I didn't check the stock to be sure. Game's site has it at £30 but alas...none in stock!

Here's hoping this thread might benefit some folk. Anyone else out there waiting to get their hands on a copy?

Quite honestly... if Game have it on the shelf even at £40 you'd be advised to but it if you really want the game in light of its shortages because I literally have not seen it available anywhere since stock started to run out.

I don't agree with Game keeping prices artificially high but I would say that £40 is about the cut-off point, if it were a penny more then I'd say don't buy it even though it's a fantastic game that is worth every penny but as it is, Game is currently the only place you can buy a copy so... ::shrug:

Basically if you want it now then I'd bite the bullet and just get it but if you can wait it out then you might save yourself between £3 and £5 so it's a trade-off between paying a few quid extra and being able to play it now or waiting, saving a bit of money... possibly but then be left thinking that you could have been playing it 'X' number of days or weeks ago. :p

Anyway, if it's a case of principle then obviously wait it out and I wish you luck in acquiring a copy a bit cheaper but otherwise I'd go for it now because the game is absolutely fantastic. :grin:

Hmm. So how long has stock actually been short for now then? I am largely against game just on the whole, butif itst the case they're the only place then might have to let my moral slide. I'm hoping i might find it sooner rather than latercos withzelda along in a couple months that'll be two massive games in one go!

There were at least two news posts on N-E around release about stock shortages.

They'll probably do a second printing, so if you're unwilling to pay £40 for the game, I'd suggest to wait and see.

Though you may not be hyped anymore at that point.

I checked there, I assumed that meant it wasn't in stock and would be dispatched once they got it. Just checking my account on Zavvi, despite saying usually dispatched in a month it says it expects it delivered closer to middle of october! Not sure if it's just an erring on the side of caution thing or what. Suprised Nintendo weren't ready for the demand from what I've been hearing about the whole campaign for a western release as is.

Hmm, this place says dispatched in 2-3 days for £33, but can't tell if that means it's in stock...http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoGameschv88810z8/Xenoblade_Chronicles

EDIT:Actually looking at their other items stocked items are numbered with stock, so I guess they're out too.

Edited by Rummy

If you get to the checkout it says they're awaiting stock too :( CURSES! Will keep keeping watch and update you guys if I find anything.

My local Gamestation have three copies, if anyone desperately wants them I'm happy to pick them up and send them on. (i think they're £30)

My local gamestation was selling this at £50 (I kid you not). It didn't look like the classic controller was bundled with it, at least it made no mention of it.

I seen 4 copies of the game in HMV today selling for €45 each. GAME had them as well but they were selling for €50. Good old rip-off GAME, you can always count on them to bleed you dry.

They had Donkey Kong Country Returns for a whopping €2 less when bought secondhand. @$$Holes!

Why would anyone even bother buy it for such a measly discount?

Man, seems only Game/Gamestation have the game and I'm still quite against funding them. Apparently however Nintendo UK have announced that they're working on getting more stock into the shops. Alas I fear they'll once again not produce enough.

Also, just found this; apparently in stock at £31 from choicesuk. I've purchased, I hope they're not wrong about the stock...

https://www.choicesuk.com/Product.aspx/xenoblade_chronicles_wii_710351

Man, seems only Game/Gamestation have the game and I'm still quite against funding them. Apparently however Nintendo UK have announced that they're working on getting more stock into the shops. Alas I fear they'll once again not produce enough.

Also, just found this; apparently in stock at £31 from choicesuk. I've purchased, I hope they're not wrong about the stock...

https://www.choicesuk.com/Product.aspx/xenoblade_chronicles_wii_710351

Don't mean to be negative but choices often say stuff is in stock and then cancel your order after a while. Happened to me with Super Mario Collection on the Wii

Hmm. I bought it as a guest so I can't even track it damn! They do now say not in stock, and had I'm sure previously said it(I was checking everywhere). Hopefully they weren't lying but I'll just have to wait and see...

Do they take money as soon as processing or only on dispatch?

Hmm. I bought it as a guest so I can't even track it damn! They do now say not in stock, and had I'm sure previously said it(I was checking everywhere). Hopefully they weren't lying but I'll just have to wait and see...

Do they take money as soon as processing or only on dispatch?

I cant remember sorry!

It's cool, checking my account looks like they debit straight away, my available balance is minus £31, not that they've said anything about sending the item etc. Maybe you're right and they have nothing in stock, but this is massively tedious constantly trying to stay on the lookout! I hope they're talking to retailers to gauge demand and don't ship another short lot.

It's cool, checking my account looks like they debit straight away, my available balance is minus £31, not that they've said anything about sending the item etc. Maybe you're right and they have nothing in stock, but this is massively tedious constantly trying to stay on the lookout! I hope they're talking to retailers to gauge demand and don't ship another short lot.

I know...I had no idea this would happen so havn't rushed to pick up a copy due to tons of PS3 games to play. Just thought would pick it up way later dowm the line

Well it seems like choices didn't lie, as they've sent me an email saying my order has been dispatched/is on its way this morning. Still amazed at the lack of stock around, and confused as to how they managed to get some compared to the other big retailers(unless the other big retailers are just filling preorders etc and not selling as stock), so fingers crossed all is well! I actually tried a bit of the game already via some...nefarious means, definitely looks interesting glad to have my hands on a potential copy!

I've got stock alerts set up with ShopTo and Game though, and will keep keeping a lookout for anyone else who might be interested. Also got an order still set with Zavvi, not sure whether to cancel or keep it and try to upsell the game online...(like a bastard, yes). My word to those looking...try and keep watch on some of the lesser known retailers!

No... it's highly unlikely at any rate and we should be considered 'lucky' that the game is even getting reprinted, I mean there's unprecetented demand for it but NOE have seemingly screwed up the distribution completely, because they're 'clever' like that. :indeed:

I'd be inclined to agree, running off additional hardware isn't as easy and just running another batch of discs through print, so I'd imagine that controller bundle truly was quite limited edition(I'd also say it probably has much less demand going for it). NoE really did drop the ball on this release, hopefully it'll be a lesson to learn if the game manages to make it over to America. I guess we should just be grateful it even managed to make it here!

Sign in to follow this