Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Comic Book Discussion Issue #2

Mr_Odwin

Yeeeeessssssss. And this.

Red_Hulk_Smash_by_skage.jpg

He might even be my number two favourite. Often inked by Dexter Vines - unquestionably the best inker.

Daft as you're easing yourself into Marvel I will just say (not necessarily saying "read this") but for your information ; Uncanny X-Force and Ultimate Spider-Man I think are pretty much widely regarded as the best Marvel books at the moment.

Nah, that doesn't really please me. I saw the preview of the Avengers Sanction thing and as soon as I saw hulk I though 'eeuuurgh, hate'. It looks kind of old school and static.

I read Avening and was like I NEED TO DRAW IT.

6344859667_83e542b4b0_z.jpg

That's my friend's birthday card sorted for tomorrow.

I'm just going to stick with Avenging Spider-Man for now. I don't really need to buy any more comics (JLD, you're dropped).

Edited by Daft

Avenging Spider-Man #1 rocked my balls. I want to lick the art it looks so good.

Finished it last night. Although it was good, it's reminded me of a fear of comics I'd supressed for so long. They're too fucking short. I'll probably end up buying a few more but £3 for a comic one can read in 5 minutes is a bad investment.

Although I did just buy this.

511HwWz%2BUEL._SS500_.jpg

I was like that (and still am with some comics) but I think you've just got to learn to read comics differently from books and stuff. A bit of a weird concept but yeah.

Although to me Avenging is definitely more about the art than anything else so nom nom nom.

I like trades and I love reading in trade if (the story has finished) or if there is a lot of it to read (I started reading The Boys just before volume 7 came out) so its amazing, but I think I prefer reading in singles most of the time, because I don't want to wait 6 months for a story to continue (or more).

I have a bad memory I think, so waiting that long I forget some things.

Some things of course read a lot better in trade though. Scalped for example. And I can't imagine reading Y The Last Man in singles.

7emv39

Woot! The "3 weeks apart" wasn't fudge!

Bad News:

Joe Madueira Off Avenging Spider-Man, Greg Land On

Well that was quick. Joe Madueira‘s grand return to comic books was three issues long.

With issue 4, the digital-download-code-included Avenging Spider-Man will have Greg Land drawing Zeb Wells‘ script, as Spider-Man teams up with a very movie-looking Hawkeye…

greg-600x911.jpg

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/11/16/joe-madueira-off-avenging-spider-man-greg-land-on/

And you thought I was being sarcastic!! :heh:

I just downloaded Young Justice. I'll check it out soon.

Who's Greg Land and why does everyone seem to dislike him?

Also, the art on Supergirl is bloody excellent. It's like way better than it has any right to be.

And you thought I was being sarcastic!! :heh:

Yeah seriously. 100% thought you were pulling my leg.

I watched the preview clips on the GL movie blu-ray and was like "Wow this looks shit", the clips were way out of context.

I could definitely get used to the style....the good thing is, althought the characters and main things are very simplistic it has some very details and textured additions like the rock planet and cracks in constructs and stuff.

The story was good, mildly unpredictable and....fucking...kind of a bit emotional in places, like "wtf" and not upbeat. A million times better than I thought it would be.