N-Europe

Xenoblade Chronicles Official Thread

Hero-of-Time

Yes. Once you've maxed out the affinity between two characters, using them in the party at the same time will just waste affinity, both during battles and when you accept/finish quests. The game is easy enough that, for the most part, it doesn't matter which characters you use.

You can also give collectables as gift from your inventory and there are ways that you can fight certain enemies and get the option to 'encourage' allies constantly (but that's not something you need to worry about right now).

That said, you can just use whichever characters you prefer unless you want to see all of the heart-to-hearts.

New party members scale to your level, as far as I can tell.

Is maxed when they have a heart between them? Guess it means I have to rotate my party a little, though I find some setups preferable to others so far.

I know people said that you get the game and its not so complicated when I posted before but that sounds like so much jargon and such I hope this game is like an extended tutorial for 20 hours so I vaguely get it before it lets me lose.

They're right, it helps you out explaining stuff for the most part and you can always go back and look again at most of the tut screens it shows you etc. There's maybe some more in-depth stuff like affinity and stats and gem crafting, but then again maybe not(seems straightforward enough). It really is a top game, though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I got everything up to level 5 and I think I've gotten all the immigrants too. But when I talk to Juju now I noticed it says completion is only 85%... anyone know what's up with that? Or will the other 15% come when I beat that level 99 monster that appears after completing level 5?

Yep. Better start level grinding. ;)

Anyway went and did more side quests again. In the process found Dunbans 5th Skill Tree :D, I think only Sharla and the 7th Character quests are left to find (as mentioned before I have others but level not high enough to complete yet) :yay:

The quests for those two characters require you to do other quests first, which may be why you haven't found them yet. You're not going to be able to find the quest for the final party member right now.

Is maxed when they have a heart between them? Guess it means I have to rotate my party a little, though I find some setups preferable to others so far.

Yes, hearts are max. :smile:

Found the High Entia Emblem yesterday and with it managed to get Melia's 5th Skill tree afterwards.

Then I also found Sharla's which was surprising as the initial quest giver doesn't require to talk to her at the start of the quest so that was a surprise, haha.

Did a bit of level grinding and now got Shulk to 88 Reyn at 87 and others on 86, just shy of 87.

Started going into Alcamoth taking down a few Telethia in there, managed to pick up the 5 Heart Peaches I needed for Dorothy in Colony 9 and did the "Memories of Daddy" (think that the name) quest where I had to find an item and kill Ateal's and Cian's dad... which I actually found a little difficult to do... emotionally not game level difficult :heh:... poor kids.

Also found Teelan in Alcamoth and when I talked to him later at Eyrth Sea he gave me a quest to find something in the hidden lab in the Tomb (which I found just previously after getting the Emblem) and mentioned he was looking into turning the people of Alcamoth back to normal? Is that possible.... did I just kill those kids dad permently and now this Teelan kid finds a cure... well frak my balls :heh:

Also managed to get the 3rd "RM" too, was having trouble finding which Wisp gave the require wisp item, found it by accident when I was trying to find items for Reyn's 5th skill tree quest (not got all those yet). And managed to find a new area on that map too which I think will lead me to the final giants treasure

I started dealing with some of my unfinished quests from Colony 9 yesterday, the one area where, for whatever reason, I still had quite a few to do. That unlocked a load more quests, all for useless rewards and a meagre amounbt of XP, but the completionist in me is making me do them!

I didn't bother side questing when I played this. I did so little side questing that my affinity with each area is no more than 2 stars, other than the Machina Village where it's 4.

I just kept wanting to progress the story and chose to ignore side quests most of the time.

I am intrigued by the story, but I also wanna get the questing done for some reason. I don't know why I feel so compelled to do them! On a note of that, there's a quest to find/kill Peeling Kircheis, apparently found on Hovering Reef 7, I've been there, run all over it, killed everything I see, I do not/can not manage to find or encounter Peeling Kircheis, am I missing something? I eventually gave up and moved on with the game, but I wanna go back and do it.

Yeah I had to do that for another unique, but Reef 7 doesn't have a hole in it. I think I might even have tried to look underneath it and found just sea.

The other thing, when do the Alcamoth quests time out? I also have a couple related to Colony 6 rebuilding that appear timed, tbh I should probs just go do them but I'm curious when they'll expire.

Yeah I had to do that for another unique, but Reef 7 doesn't have a hole in it. I think I might even have tried to look underneath it and found just sea.

The other thing, when do the Alcamoth quests time out? I also have a couple related to Colony 6 rebuilding that appear timed, tbh I should probs just go do them but I'm curious when they'll expire.

I have been having exactly the same problem. The UM is a Kromar and just appears only occasionally. I have warped back to that location about 20-30 times trying to get it to appear and it did not.

(Actually I think I killed it first before I got the quest, so technically I was waiting for a respawn.)

Last night it finally appeared for me though! Right in the middle of the reef where the group of three Kromar are (rather than on the 'leaf' of the reef where there were about 5).

It was daytime, but I am not sure that was a contributing factor.

It's a long time for the Alcamoth quests. 7 areas after Prison Island. Not sure about Colony 6, can't remember any timed ones there, but even if there are just do them now because there can't be many, I did most just before point of no return.

Ah, yeah it's more Bionis leg, jsut the quests are related to the refugees/moving back to colony 6. I can't find the bloody cliff to lay the flowers for Earnest, either! I thought it was that little secret area but apparently not.

I have been having exactly the same problem. The UM is a Kromar and just appears only occasionally. I have warped back to that location about 20-30 times trying to get it to appear and it did not.

(Actually I think I killed it first before I got the quest, so technically I was waiting for a respawn.)

Last night it finally appeared for me though! Right in the middle of the reef where the group of three Kromar are (rather than on the 'leaf' of the reef where there were about 5).

It was daytime, but I am not sure that was a contributing factor.

Ahhh! So it isn't just me! I think maybe I must have killed it before, but usually they seem to respawn...fairly soon? I've killed everything and wandered both day and night, I'll try and hit it up in the day next time I'm cruising about questing. I never see anything right in the center of the island, maybe it's related.

Ah, yeah it's more Bionis leg, jsut the quests are related to the refugees/moving back to colony 6. I can't find the bloody cliff to lay the flowers for Earnest, either! I thought it was that little secret area but apparently not.

That is very close to an edge of the world in the upper level of bionis leg right in the middle of some Tirkin. (I know that does not narrow it down too much as there are tirkin all over that area)

Have you found the landmark at the edge of the world? I think if you hug that edge as much as possible you should find it. It looks just like a rock until you get up close, but you should see the red exclamation mark on your map.

Ahhh! So it isn't just me! I think maybe I must have killed it before, but usually they seem to respawn...fairly soon? I've killed everything and wandered both day and night, I'll try and hit it up in the day next time I'm cruising about questing. I never see anything right in the center of the island, maybe it's related.

Generally, yes they do. I have had massive problems with that one and the Elder Gragus and Agile Albatro (both in Makna) after initially killing both however.

Weird thing is that I must have killed Elder Gragus about 4-5 times figuring that I would have had the quest by then...... As soon as I got the quest? Nowhere to be seen.

I believe Mokong had a similar difficulty with Verdant Bluchal back in the early days. ::shrug:

Warp to Spiral Valley and go to the north-east corner of the map. I think it's right by the cliff edge, beneath the path that leads to the secret area above the waterfall. It's just kind of tucked away there.

To get unique monsters to respawn, you can just save and reload until they appear (saving and reloading is also a great way to get regular monsters to reappear).

I think the option to move the refugees from Bionis Leg to Colony 6 disappears not long after Prison Island, spesificially two areas later. Not too sure though but I think I read that once, so maybe you should finish up and move them just in case. I do know that the giver of that option/quest shows up two areas later after Prison Island.

I believe Mokong had a similar difficulty with Verdant Bluchal back in the early days. ::shrug:

That I did, man that was a bitch :heh:

To get unique monsters to respawn, you can just save and reload until they appear (saving and reloading is also a great way to get regular monsters to reappear).

Indeed it is great for collecting items from monsters for quests, instead of running round looking for more just save and reload and kill the same ones all over again :D

Or if you are very close to a landmark just warp to it (even if your standing on it) and everything respawns again. :D

Making good progress I am now.

Got Reyns 5th Skill tree, just in time as I filled all previous 4 :D

Seem to be running out of side quests as I've reduced them to one screen on the list. Got Reyn and Shulk to 92 everyone else at 91 so far.

And I surprised myself when I found some areas in Eyrth Sea and the Marsh that opened thanks to the High Entia Emblem, didn't know there were more outside of the Tomb and the Church at Valak.. are there more scattered round the world?

(Just say yes or no, maybe mention which map it's on, but not the exact location :wink:)

Marsh = near the top of the Statues, jumped from the elevator, spotted a Circle thing on the wall as I went up messing about, thought it looked weird :D

Eryth Sea = Found one in the Hode Refugee, and one on Komar Coast.... speaking of which that Unique Komar at the end of that was a bitch with his sleep inducing moves

I think the option to move the refugees from Bionis Leg to Colony 6 disappears not long after Prison Island, spesificially two areas later. Not too sure though but I think I read that once, so maybe you should finish up and move them just in case. I do know that the giver of that option/quest shows up two areas later after Prison Island.

If I don't do them do they disappear from my quest list? I'm past prison island(on my way to sword valley so in the mountains), just jumped on for a bit to try and take care of the time limited quests I had left(and found myself crafting gems for ages). Managed to find the grave for ernest, but now I can't find the bloody tirkin I'm sposed to kill -.-

Timed quest I have missed still appear on my list, but missed is missed, I can't do them. Sword Valley is the time I think you should have moved the refugees before you enter.

The Tirkin is to the left of the first landmark you arrived at. It's through a cave, but to get the cave you have to run past some lv 80 mammuts/elephants.

I haven't played this in over a week now. Whats wrong with me? :cry:

Between that and your lack of online hunting in Monster Hunter 3 I'd say many things are wrong my friend :heh:

Anyway I think I'm appraoching the End Game now :D

Got Shulk at lvel 96, Reyn at 95 and everyone else at 94.

Got all the skill tress now and my list of quests is down to like 5 (would be 3 though I found 2 more, haha)

Between that and your lack of online hunting in Monster Hunter 3 I'd say many things are wrong my friend :heh:

Anyway I think I'm appraoching the End Game now :D

Got Shulk at lvel 96, Reyn at 95 and everyone else at 94.

Got all the skill tress now and my list of quests is down to like 5 (would be 3 though I found 2 more, haha)

You're going to find the end part of the game very easy.

I'm glad I went past the point of no return at level 78. It would have been far too easy otherwise.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!