NEurope
Ashley

Job Hunting

Just wanted to post a job if anyone is interested, say it on the tsohost forums. They're a great company:

Tsohost is currently hiring for full time positions based from our Maidenhead, Berkshire office.

Quote:

We're a small, dynamic company that's incredibly proud of our customer service ethos. Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and we're looking for a support technician to join our small, friendly team (with an office-dog).

From our office in Maidenhead, you will help us support thousands of web hosting customers around the globe. You will primarily be troubleshooting problems, answering general support enquiries and helping customers with their websites.

You should be a keen learner yourself, as there will be opportunities for advancement as your skills, knowledge and experience grow. We are a very fast-moving company and the ability to suggest ideas and solve problems is very valuable to us.

You will be a confident communicator and an efficient problem solver, able to assist with issues both by email and telephone. Due to the customer-facing nature of this role, excellent verbal and written English is a must. Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant field, you should have a good understanding of some web based applications, such as Apache, MySQL, PHP, cPanel, Microsoft IIS, ASP.Net.

Experience creating websites, especially with applications such as Wordpress, Dreamweaver, iWeb, and Joomla will be a great advantage, as would any experience in a customer-support role.

This is a full time post, but we can be flexible on working hours. Salary will be from £17k, dependent upon experience.

Paragon Internet Group Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.

If feel you'd be suitable for the role, feel free to drop your CV across to [email protected] with a short paragraph or two highlighting why you think you might be suitable.

Also included is gym membership and unlimited* energy drinks.

*Subject to fair usage policy

Might suit someone here.

Penis!

Had a job interview, and have been offered the job, but told I'll need to get a car. The company operates in two adjacent towns, one of which I live in, and the traffic situation means it's much, much quicker to get anywhere by public transport (and, at times, by foot), so I'm a little pissed off. Especially when I intend to quit in about 2 months to go and see my girlfriend...

Penis!

Had a job interview, and have been offered the job, but told I'll need to get a car. The company operates in two adjacent towns, one of which I live in, and the traffic situation means it's much, much quicker to get anywhere by public transport (and, at times, by foot), so I'm a little pissed off. Especially when I intend to quit in about 2 months to go and see my girlfriend...

There's so many companies who operate like that, cars are easier to put into expenses or so they believe anyway.

Bah, never mind eh!

Cars are easier than just filing a bus/train ticket? Crazy folks :p

Writing a personal reference for my housemate. I don't want to take this seriously, its just too boring!

Cars are easier than just filing a bus/train ticket? Crazy folks :p

Writing a personal reference for my housemate. I don't want to take this seriously, its just too boring!

Cars are easier because you only have to fill for petrol, which can be paid via the company (something about claiming it back).

Not to mention with cars, if you're late it's because of you, whereas trains it's the train companies fault.

It's a bit of a strain, not to mention you can just jump in the car and get to B from A if need be and not have to wait around.

Oh yeah forgot about company petrol. At Game and SCS it was a case of claiming back based on how many miles you did times by the set amount they had (say 35p per mile), which is obviously silly as different cars have different consumption rates. I suppose if its just a company credit card then it's easier.

Not to mention with cars, if you're late it's because of you

"Oh sorry I'm late, the traffic was a nightmare."

Oh yeah forgot about company petrol. At Game and SCS it was a case of claiming back based on how many miles you did times by the set amount they had (say 35p per mile), which is obviously silly as different cars have different consumption rates. I suppose if its just a company credit card then it's easier.

"Oh sorry I'm late, the traffic was a nightmare."

Traffic should never be a problem, leave early, take for example most parts of the m6, I live near junction 17, which is always near problems between 15 and 18, yet I leave a little earlier if I know there's an issue.

I'm not arguing against public transport, I've used it for years and fuck knows when I spent hours waiting for hourly buses because they'd never show, the reason I got a car, but it's not always a simple case of jumping on a train or bus.

Most large companies will have several company credit cards, let alone one, I know my mum's small company has a fuel card for each man on site - I've done the invoices for them, there's at least 25 men.

Scooters are easier, good to navigate around traffic, cheaper and the same sort of ease as cars - jump and go sort of thing.

The big problem for me is that even a small, old car would cost £4000 to insure. Apparently my penis homes onto lampposts.

Traffic should never be a problem, leave early, take for example most parts of the m6, I live near junction 17, which is always near problems between 15 and 18, yet I leave a little earlier if I know there's an issue.

I'm not arguing against public transport, I've used it for years and fuck knows when I spent hours waiting for hourly buses because they'd never show, the reason I got a car, but it's not always a simple case of jumping on a train or bus.

Most large companies will have several company credit cards, let alone one, I know my mum's small company has a fuel card for each man on site - I've done the invoices for them, there's at least 25 men.

Scooters are easier, good to navigate around traffic, cheaper and the same sort of ease as cars - jump and go sort of thing.

I know it shouldn't be a problem but I was just saying people will use it as an excuse. People always have excuses :heh:

I know it shouldn't be a problem but I was just saying people will use it as an excuse. People always have excuses :heh:

Of course they do, the plan is always to leave early, but people are lazy.

I'm always early for stuff, it annoys me, but at least I keep appointments. :grin:

Fish; hones*. Why the penis? Unless there's a new word filter I've missed...

had two shifts now - 10 hour beasts. Getting to grips with it properly. Still signed on - just have to declare hours and any pay. After the coming sat I'll be going 23 days without a shift... So when I went to the job centre to update them of my circumstances they signed me up to two time-wasting sessions on how to write a cv and how to jobsearch. Complete... like, I've just turned up to tell them I have a job. Fuckers.

Fish; hones*. Why the penis? Unless there's a new word filter I've missed...

I'm actually going to have to go against you here and say, "homes*". As in a homing missile. Therefore his penis is the homing missile which takes him to lamposts and increases insurance premium :heh:

I'm actually going to have to go against you here and say, "homes*". As in a homing missile. Therefore his penis is the homing missile which takes him to lamposts and increases insurance premium :heh:

The man wins. Have a biscuit. :bouncy:

Glad it's going well James :)

I had to turn down another work offer! ...kind of :heh: My mother phoned saying she may be able to get me to work at her place on Saturday (which I've done a number of times over the years). However I don't want to risk it as I start my new job on Thursday so they'll both be classed as September and it could end up with me being emergency taxed, which is not what I need right now, especially for £40 (which while nice it won't offset the potential tax buggering).

I had to turn down another work offer!

Now you're just mocking me. Anyone want to be my reference that I'm...I dunno, Jesus? Or maybe just experienced in easy jobs that, despite their ease, employers insist on you having experience in?

Bring me a cake and tidy my room and I will put you as working here "assisting the staff, conducting general housekeeping and consulting with other departments".

Actually I do need to write a reference...

Bring me a cake and tidy my room and I will put you as working here "assisting the staff, conducting general housekeeping and consulting with other departments".

Actually I do need to write a reference...

That commute is a bit to much of a bitch, sadly. I'd honestly consider it otherwise.

Had an initial interview for a new role today. Because of contacts, recommendations etc. I was basically told the job is mine if I want it. The only issue is it means moving back to England, and not even in London (though close). Pretty torn right now, job sounds great and I'm confident career-wise it would be a good move. I just don't think I've been in SF long enough to leave, I think I'd regret it from a lifestyle point of view.

Need to think long and hard on this one.

Good luck whatever you do Wilbur. Where abouts would you be? Or would that give away too much?

Thanks! Yeah I think location would give it away too easily, so I'll save that for now. Had a few talks today at work so need to wait on a few things before everything falls into place.

Missed a call from a company about a job I applied for. Returned the call and they didn't answer, so I've left them a message. Hopefully they call back later, if not I said in the message I'll try again tomorrow.

I fucking hate phones and speaking to people I don't know.. so hopefully they'll call me back. :shakehead

Missed a call from a company about a job I applied for. Returned the call and they didn't answer, so I've left them a message. Hopefully they call back later, if not I said in the message I'll try again tomorrow.

I fucking hate phones and speaking to people I don't know.. so hopefully they'll call me back. :shakehead

They will do, it's quite late now, so it'll more likely be tomorrow.

I start my job monday, casual dress, 9:30am, not sure when I finish, but I'm excited, hopefully meet the team etc. :D

I start my job Thursday. I was told by the HR lady the person in charge of me will contact me to let me know what time I need to start and any other things.

This has yet to happen...