Bruno Mars - 'The Lazy Song'

Pitbull featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer - 'Give Me Everything'

Example - 'Changed The Way You Kiss Me'

Jason Derϋlo - 'Don't Wanna Go Home'

DJ Fresh featuring Sian Evans - 'Louder'

Wanted - 'Glad You Came'

JLS featuring Dev - 'She Makes Me Wanna'

Cher Lloyd - 'Swagger Jagger'

It's not the worst No1 this year. It's a masterpiece compared to "What's My Name?"

It's easily the worst number 1 this year!

Edited by Eddage

I like to think I'm relatively good with pop music, but why have I never heard (of) most of those songs?

Excluding Someone Like You, What's My Name is by far the best No.1 this year.

Rihanna is brilliant, and doesn't give a shit. There's no false pretences to her. She just is.

Also it reminds me so much of like...November/December/January last year. Aural pleasure.

No Born This Way?! Wasn't that Number 1 for ages?

I'm not entirely sure how true the list is, tbh. There's so many different charts and I didn't check which one that was from.

I just realised loads of my posts from last night have disappeared. I suspected something earlier, but I posted a video in this thread yesterday that isn't here anymore.

Oh well.

Born This Way wasn't No 1... think it may have been No. 3 in the end.

There's been some great No. 1's this year... like Eddage said, this is easily the worst... though I'm not a fan of The Lazy Song, Give Me Everything is crap, and Jason Derϋlo's effort just nothing... Pricetag is also meh.

Someone Like You got ruined through overplaying... I absolutely loved that song the first time I heard her sing it in a Live Lounge session on Radio 1, but now everyone knows it and it's just urgh.

I think the list is wrong yeah...Ke$ha's last EP came out in November, I think We R Who We R probably hit no.1 end of last year. I think.

Feel completely the same about Someone Like You. I heard it first in November of 2010 and was so moved by the song -- it's content, style, everything. After learning to play it on piano for my graduation party and from generally being over-played...it was so hard to appreciate.

I'm such a hipstar, it's unreal.

I think the list is wrong yeah...Ke$ha's last EP came out in November, I think We R Who We R probably hit no.1 end of last year. I think.

It's correct, or at least it's correct on the basis of saying We R Who We R was number one in 2011. I'm completely positive, because it took far too long to be released here. I think it was the end of January when it hit the top spot.

It's been a bad year purely because of the recent glut of "I'm in a club and drunk" songs that are so popular at the moment. My favourite number one of the year has to be 'Don't Hold Your Breath'. It's just so understated and yet manages to be a brilliant little pop gem.

Edited by Slaggis

So THAT's what "Swagger Jagger" is (saw it on the Seventh BISH list).

Sounds like she's trying to be Lady Sovereign in the beginning of the song. The reason I only comment on the beginning is because I can't bear to listen any further.

It's been a bad year purely because of the recent glut of "I'm in a club and drunk" songs that are so popular at the moment. My favourite number one of the year has to be 'Don't Hold Your Breath'. It's just so understated and yet manages to be a brilliant little pop gem.

Totally agree.

I can listen to that song now (after about 100 listens haha) and still really like it. :)

I love Glozell so much!

"GET ON THE FLO', GET ON THE FLO'. You don't tell me what to do but she's like GET ON THE FLO', GET ON THE FLO'!" haha.

To be fair to her it didn't sound like floor to begin with. Always sounded like "Get on the Flooooow"

I love Glozell so much!

"GET ON THE FLO', GET ON THE FLO'. You don't tell me what to do but she's like GET ON THE FLO', GET ON THE FLO'!" haha.

She's my favourite.

"And then it went to some...hymn."

"And her clothes don't fit. I'm gonna need you to get some clothes that fit."

It really irritates me that the part some of my friends keep singing is the bit that rips of 'my darling clementine'. So the best part of 'her' song is the bit that isn't hers.

It's hilarious. I love her singing voice in that bit. My sister and I sing it in her style to each other as a joke.