N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maddawg, I only like winding you up cos you're a fan of the scum. :heh:

As for the kick, it looks nasty on the video, as he does take a lot at Parker before kicking him. Although, it's hard to judge what happened in real time, as football is a split-second game. I probably did about a dozen "tackles" like that tonight. :heh:

Although Bale dived early on which was horrible to see, that tackle from Skrtel around 75 mins was a bit off. High and studs showing straight onto his leg? Seen people sent off for that.

Parker was immense tonight. Battled hard in both midfield and defence. Joy to watch, great player.

He got booked for it, which is fair enough, but he didn't mean to do it.

Let's talk about Bale throwing himself on the floor a few times. :p Hate on him. :D

He's not even looking at the ball.

Bale was lame with the first dive.

The second Skrtel tackle wasn't a dive. Could've been a red.

Let's talk about Bale throwing himself on the floor a few times. :p Hate on him. :D

That won't happen, currently the world's greatest player on the back of 2 games. The collective wankfest over him has only just started.

Edited by Ramar

That won't happen, currently the world's greatest player on the back of 2 games. The collective wankfest over him has only just started.

I know, he's only had two great games in his whole career, which were way back in 2010. God knows how he was voted into the 2011 UEFA Team of the Year.

No one is calling him the world's greatest player (you're talking shit), but everyone is excited by his potential. He has all the tools to develop into a truly special player - hopefully he can rise to that level over the next 3/4 years.

IMO, It's only a matter of time before Barcelona sign him, which saddens me - they've been to see him 7 times this season.

Edited by spirited away

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6803404,00.html

Shall I continue to talk shit or let Fabio take the lead?

What, so you're now implying your comment about him being perceived as the 'world's best player' is based on Capello's stupid remark? You know what I mean and I know what you were getting at. As if it's some kind of a burgeoning consensus among us fans.

It's such a boring retort from Arsenal fans. Spurs fan "oh, Bale's having a blinder this season". Arsenal fan " So now he's the world's best player, blah blah; 2 games blah blah".

It just proves to me once more that you're not a football fan but more an Arsenal fan - if you think he's living off two games.

Edited by spirited away

It just proves to me once more that you're not a football fan but more an Arsenal fan - if you think he's living off two games.

I'm struggling to respond to this. You've stumped me. I mean, I wouldn't coin the phrase 'I'm a football fan', I'd say 'I'm an Arsenal supporter'. But the two phrases are almost one and the same yet are completely different.

What you're really trying to say is, "Ramar, you haven't watched enough of our games." To which I'd reply "Yes spirited, you are right. I'd rather chop off my nob with a blunt fork."

I'm struggling to respond to this. You've stumped me. I mean, I wouldn't coin the phrase 'I'm a football fan', I'd say 'I'm an Arsenal supporter'. But the two phrases are almost one and the same yet are completely different.

What you're really trying to say is, "Ramar, you haven't watched enough of our games." To which I'd reply "Yes spirited, you are right. I'd rather chop off my nob with a blunt fork."

Not at all what I'm trying to say.

A football fan would appreciate the footballing qualities of other rival players and teams regardless of their allegiances.

To be honest I'm talking to a brick wall here.

Edited by spirited away

At no point have I discredited his footballing qualities. I have however taken the piss out the hype surrounding him on many occasions.

I can accept the hype is ridiculous, but it's the same with all promising British players to be fair.

I'm just so bored of this '2 games' remark. I shouldn't rise to it really.

Anyway. NLD in 2 weeks. 2 weeks for Robin to get injured.

Edited by spirited away

Well, I like Bale. I like the way he plays, even though he basically does the old hit and run and out pace the defender, I like it and find it exciting to watch. He has scored some good goals for Spurs this season and some important goals at that.

I think he deserves the praise, maybe not at the level it has got to but he has certainly come on well since the days of playing at left back and never winning a game in a Spurs shirt. Probably one of the first if not the first name on the team sheet these days.

Ignore the Woolwich posse, wouldn't expect anything else from their fans when commenting on a Spurs player.

Is it a coincidence that all these footballers you seem to appreciate all happen to play for Tottenham?

Predictable response but again not true. None of your smug claims are substantiated.

Favourite players this seasons would have to be (in no particular order): Bellamy, Richards, Valencia, Bale, Oxade-Chamberlain, Van Persie (get fucking injured), Silva, Aguero, Enrique, Parker, Mata, Ben Arfa, Mclean, Allen (Swansea).