NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dan-likes-trees

Jak series and Ratchet series

Picked this up for 2.50 from CEX.

Jak_and_Daxter_3.jpg

It's great fun! Always been more of a Jak fan than a Ratchet fan. Think I got about half way through this and my ps2 broke. Playing through it again now.

I adored the original Jak and Daxter game but once it went all GTA I lost interest. I think the Ratchet series is fantastic, I enjoy it more than Mario these days.

Someone leant me a Ratchet and Clank PS3 game, Tools of Desctruction I believe, and I was really surprised by how bad it was! It has such good reviews but I just cannot grasp why. The controls were clunky, levels were rubbish and linear, it didn't even look particularly good. I could understand it if it came out years and years ago, but it came out almost the same time as Super Mario Galaxy. It has to be the most dumbfounded I have ever been about a highly rated game.

I'm sorry to say this, Shorty, but I'm pretty sure you have no soul! I really don't see how you can think the PS3 Ratchet & Clank games look bad. I guess the gameplay is subjective, though, so I'll give you that, even if I'll have to respectfully disagree with you. :p

I adored the original Jak and Daxter game but once it went all GTA I lost interest.

Ugh, I agree completely with this. I absolutely loved the first game, but I could barely bring myself to finish the second one. The third game was slightly better, but still nowhere near as good as the first one. I know a lot of people want to see another Jak game, but if it's not going to be like the first one, they shouldn't bother. :blank:

Edited by Magnus

I played the start of the original round a friend's once; that's all the experience I have with the series though.

The Ratchet&Clank series is probably the only series which could get me to buy a Playstation someday once again.

I bought 2 and 3 for the PS2, but once I went all NINTENDO, this ,along with the Sly Cooper series which I only played a demo of back in the day, and perhaps Castlevania: Lords of Shadow are the biggest reasons for me to own a PS3.

but Ratchet&Clank take the cake; they will always have a place in my heart:)

Ugh, I agree completely with this. I absolutely loved the first game, but I could barely bring myself to finish the second one. The third game was slightly better, but still nowhere near as good as the first one. I know a lot of people want to see another Jak game, but if it's not going to be like the first one, they shouldn't bother. :blank:

I didn't even play the 3rd one. I did enjoy Daxter on the PSP though.

This guy right here makes the Ratchet and Clank series a hoot.

He always reminds me of Zapp Brannigan. :D

Jak is such a stunning game trilogy. How it feels like a natural progression in darkness and complexness.

The first 3 Ratchets were good, I'm somewhat over everything after the,/

I didn't even play the 3rd one. I did enjoy Daxter on the PSP though.

I'm glad to hear you say that, as I own Daxter for the PSP, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. It does seem to be more classic platformer than GTA clone, at least. :smile:

I adored the original Jak and Daxter game but once it went all GTA I lost interest. I think the Ratchet series is fantastic, I enjoy it more than Mario these days.

Me too!

I loved the original, then got the 2nd & 3rd, but in both of those as much as i enjoyed the story & really wanted to see more of it, the gameplay just seemed to become too much "go to this arbitrary location and possibly do a mundane task" to pad out the story, with the only other option being to wander around & look for sidequests that don't feel like you're progressing.

I got the 4th one last year, but have lent out my PS2 so haven't unwrapped it yet. Apparently it's more of a regular platformer again (with an awkward camera).

Avoid Gladiator like the plague. Stupid wannabe multiplayer shooter.

Oh I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up.

At least they're giving it for free. They didn't have to give us anything for delaying the Vita version of Q-Force.

Sign in to follow this