NEurope
Hero-of-Time

[Spoiler-Free] Zelda: Skyward Sword

How does one get

This absurd shield? Because I've healed the Thunder Dragon but he gave me fuck all. Just asked if I wanted to do a boss runthrough, which I declined since Ghirahim is the most annoying boss ever. Must I go through this?

By the time you can do that challenge, he should take you less than two minutes. :p

The 5th Dungeon is getting hate? That's the best dungeon yet! One of the best in Zelda ever! My heart sank when I entered the 6th one and it's just ANOTHER fire temple. Surely there are some more terrains and styles they haven't done yet? I've always found fire temples do dull...

The 5th Dungeon is getting hate?

Is it? I thought people would like it, in the same way they liked TP's Ice Mansion.

By the way, you haven't accidentally entered the wrong thread, have you? :heh:;)

That comment is a little spoillery Hamish. Beware the wrath of the imprisoned.

By the time you can do that challenge, he should take you less than two minutes. :p

Ghirahim has always been a ballache for me. I think I've mainly beaten him on luck alone.

Ghirahim has always been a ballache for me. I think I've mainly beaten him on luck alone.

Heh, admittedly I wasn't on any sort of information-black out until just before the game's release and he was shown in E3 demos, so I already knew how to beat him before I even played the game.

Did that challenge for the last shield yesterday and had to do both, the first and the sixth temple boss fights and they were about the easiest. With the kind of sword you've got there and once you've figured it out, it's really just about reactions and precision. I messed up during the third temple's boss fight and the second version of the "toenails of evil". Last fight for the shield was the fourth temple's boss, which I started with something like 3,5 hearts and ended with half a heart remaining. Huzzah for the most bad-ass shield in the game! :)

Well even though I've had the game for 3 weeks I'm only 6 hours into the game and still not finished the 1st temple. Been having to avoid this thread as this is becoming spoilers too but apparently I saw on Digital Spy there's a game breaking glitch late in the game? Obviously I cannot read what triggers the glitch because it would spoil the game, but does anyone know if Nintendo is going to provide a patch?

@Rowan: @Cube provided a spoiler free "guide" to avoid the bug.

You don't need to be afraid of highlighting it, unless you consider identifying areas and dungeons by the number of the sequence they occur in a spoiler. Like "third dungeon" or "second area".

Edit: It's really ridiculous how such things sneak in. This is an extremely specific sequence of things you have to do in order to encounter the bug, but somehow it results in a broken save. Small wonder they didn't catch this during test-play... Now, if only Nintendo had had the foresight of making games patch-able. :heh:

Edited by Burny

but does anyone know if Nintendo is going to provide a patch?

Patch? Nintendo?

Are you mad?

Patch? Nintendo?

Are you mad?

It's not unheard of! If I remember correctly, Nintendo offered a patch for the game-breaking bug in Other M - the Nintendo way.

You could send them your Wii, and they would somehow repair/replace your save. ;)

So just to confirm about the glitch...I'm not up to what this point is yet....Do I go to Lanayru last when given a choice of 3 places to go it won't happen?!

Yes.

Well, you don't have to, but it's the easiest way to avoid the bug.

I would read up as much about the glitch as possible. It hardly spoils anything. Besides, that'll be nothing compared to the anger you'd feel if you don't have enough information and it ruined your game.

Another idea is to Copy your file every time the game suggests you save, eg. after every proper dungeon. Save & Quit, press the + button to copy, then you can get back to your game in an instant.

Just done the 5th dungeon and thought it was very unique, with a very original and exciting boss.

Just done the 4th boss

:D

Is anyone else missing the ability to run and slash at the same time a la TP? Cutting grass was easier with that.

Is anyone else missing the ability to run and slash at the same time a la TP? Cutting grass was easier with that.

Yes, I kept forgetting to mention that but yes I always wondered why that was missing in this one, it seemed so much more natural running and slashing at the same time.

Yeah I miss that as well, but it's great being able to charge at your enemy and draw your sword at the same time.

One annoyance I have though is having to constantly re-equip my shield.

Changing items and drinking potions whilst the game is going on is great though.

Yeah I miss that as well, but it's great being able to charge at your enemy and draw your sword at the same time.

One annoyance I have though is having to constantly re-equip my shield.

Changing items and drinking potions whilst the game is going on is great though.

What do you mean... I never had to re-equip the Shield unless one broke and and I had to buy a new one?

Using potions never un-equiped the shield?

I think what is making this game blow-a-little for me, is the remotes inability to know when I'm attempting a thrust. Instead it keeps turning it into a overhead spin attack. A royal ballache for every pinpoint enemy needed.

Just done the 4th boss

:D

Very much so. In fact, I had forgotten you could do that in Twilight Princess.

I was playing a bit earlier where I wanted to dash and slash. That's one drawback of having "run" set to the A button - when you press it, you put your sword away.

I really hope the Zelda team have a good think about all the brilliant control mechanics Wind Waker and Twilight Princess had between them, and implement them in the next game.

I don't even remember having the ability to run in Twilight Princess...

I think what is making this game blow-a-little for me, is the remotes inability to know when I'm attempting a thrust. Instead it keeps turning it into a overhead spin attack. A royal ballache for every pinpoint enemy needed.

Happens to me too. You have to hold it still for a second and slowly do an exaggerated motion. Slows down fighting way too much. I'm sure that in the heat of battle, Link wouldn't stop, slowly and carefully moving his sword forward.

I don't even remember having the ability to run in Twilight Princess...

Link can run in all the games. I didn't mean the sprinting you can do by holding down A in Skyward Sword

Yeah, I shouldn't have confused "run" and "dash". It's just coincidence that I wanted to do that earlier.