NEurope
daftada

Zelda's 25th Anniversary!

It's gonna sound really snobby, but I don't think many of these people go to concerts very often. Some people even started applauding during songs when they thought it had finished as they weren't watching the conductor. Loads of people seemed to be talking during the Wind Waker medley too.

If they didn't yell randomly every time the video showed some favorite part of one of the games, they were already rather well-mannered in comparison to the audience from one of the filmed concerts:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

It's hard to listen to. :heh:

It was really beautiful. Zelda Williams hosted and Eiji Aonuma came out every so often to tell people not to film it, or pimp Skyward Sword (even telling everyone to go and buy the special edition to get the soundtrack).

I think the CD is with every version of the game but I forget these things.

It was a pleasant night, only slightly spoiled by the fact people applauded that guy's objectifying comment. It was so embarrassing, although Zelda handled it with aplomb.

Great music it was epic :D

shame about a few random cheers but i dont think it was quite as bad as the LA show ,

the VIP was a waste of time. Koji and Eiji did not stay for the meet and greet but i knew they would wuss out after hearing about the us show, what a shame :(

The thing that pissed me off the fact they charged £20 for the posters ! who was behind this? was it HMV who jacked up the prices as in the US the t shirts and posters were far far cheaper.

Anyone got any pics of the Posters/T-Shirts they can share? Would like to see them.

And also of the event even if you were allowed to take any at any point.

So did the VIP's get anything?

What were the comments shouted out?

Apart from the exclusive Lanyard and plastic VIP pass. We did get a plastic Ocarina, an Ocarina of Time keyring and an issue of Edge. I managed to bag two of each, because the couple in front of me didn't want two between them so passed theirs back to me. I quickly stuffed them into my bag and then was given the one which was meant for me all along.

The meet and greet consisted of around a ten second interaction with the conductor, two men I didn't recognise but got them to sign my programme anyway, and Zelda Williams before being kicked out.

EDIT: Rewatching it now, the sound quality is better than expected, although the visual isn't that great. Plus I've now discovered it doesn't record sound when it zooms in/out. A massive ballache.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Was a great concert despite being in the back row - competition winners should be at the front :P

The music was beautiful and the crowd was pretty well behaved.

Got 103 streetpasses yesterday! Don't think I got anyone from here though. @Ashley did you have yours with you? Because I didn't get you despite being stood with you for that 5/10 mins.

Didn't get any merch though as I object to paying £20 for a poster which would have cost them a penny to make.

two men I didn't recognise but got them to sign my programme anyway

:laughing:

Anyone got any pics of the Posters/T-Shirts they can share? Would like to see them.

Here are the 3 that were on sale, not my pics but found these online:

25thConcertPoster1E.jpg

51wMAoJazqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(except in portrait, with the Symphony logo at the bottom)

514FNqZEFOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(also with the symphony logo at the bottom)

I got the top poster, it seemed the better/more exclusive image.

:laughing:

I recognised the American guy, but couldn't place him.

Someone help a brother out.

What were the comments shouted out?

One corrected Zelda Williams (after she corrected herself) after saying Kakariko Valley a couple of times.

Merch.jpg

I got Zelda Williams to sign my Ocarina 3D case. She gave Link a crown.

And my lovely poster on me wall:

ZeldaPoster.jpg

Edited by EEVILMURRAY
Automerged Doublepost

Listening to recordings of the LA one, wow that would have driven me insane, their iditiotic crowd cheering and whooping every 30 seconds.

It was a pleasant night, only slightly spoiled by the fact people applauded that guy's objectifying comment. It was so embarrassing, although Zelda handled it with aplomb.

That was cringy, and the audience reaction was sadly predictable.

Anyone get my street pass, my mii has a Bowser hat on and im called Chris ,

Maybe, I got a few Bowser hats. I was EEVIL, wearing a Link hat (to be unique) and whored the site off in my greeting.

I think I got pretty lucky, didnt have anyone too distracting around me. Did VIP, Zelda was lovely. I thought generally our audience was good, not too noisy during the songs. It was a guy a few seats down from me who shouted to Zelda "you're gorgeous".

What was the comment?

I think I got pretty lucky, didnt have anyone too distracting around me

I'm glad my blubbing wasn't too distracting.

2011-10-25%25252018.37.43.jpg

After meeting up with @dazzybee a little earlier in the day, we headed over to the Duke of Cornwall pub (just around the corner from the Apollo) for a pint, Starfox and a cheeky 3DS charge. Here we were collared by these lovely people (I was wearing a Zelda t-shirt, so stood out like a sore thumb); they were part of the orchestra and picked our brains on Zelda and posed for a photograph. A really nice start to the evening.

For the record, Dazzybee gobbled down on some warm nuts but wasn't sure if he likes them. To clarify, I only watched and took no part in this.

Edited by david.dakota

Anyone here got any spare posters , i will pay double retail price!!!!

pm me :) ?

Edited by yesteryeargames

I exchanged Ridge Racer times with Welshgamer but not his mii. Weirdly.

I also got about 30 new ridge racer times which was surprising. Got about 16 street passes, but not ONE provided me with a street dual!