N-Europe

Britains Got Talent Live Semi Finals

flameboy

Well I'm sure there is a thread but tonight the competition really kicks off. As usual there are still some awful acts in despite being in the last 40.

Semi Final 1 is as follows tonight;

Girls Roc Dancing fire act

Donelda Guy and Mega & Biba Dog act

Bruce Sistaz Martial artist

Paul Gbegbaje Musician

Ted and Grace Singers

Ronan Parke Singer

Stuart Arnold Impressionist

Joe Oakley Trial rider

This act is awful but great;

Also this kid likely to go through despite dressing and holding himself like a pretentious little twat.

My bet who I want to win just for sheer stupidity and humour of it;

Also love these guys:

This video actually did the rounds a while back and love it then.

What does everyone else think and who you wanna win?

Edited by flameboy

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for making this thread, flameboy. I love Britain's Got Talent, and the semi-finals are the best part of it because a) they all improve significantly from the auditions, if only the staging etc, and b) the actual final loses too many good acts.

My favourites this year:

Girls Roc (good to have a sexy act - shame on you, Michael Macintyre!)

Lads from Oxford University who sing Lady Gaga etc

Bike stuntman

I watched some of it last night, it really is rediculous they have the likes of the Bell Ringers, Mexico Dog act and a few other useless ones etc... and yet both those dancers lasty night didn't go through.

I do like that Piano player guy, and have a bit of a soft spot for that girl with the 'singing dog'.

Those Magicians were also good.

Can't remember eveyone who was good, will probs watch some of it this week.

I DON'T WANT A SINGING OR DANCING ACT TO WIN UNLESS THEY ARE FUNNY OR DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT! This is supposed to be a variety show and yet all that ever wins is a singing or dancing act. The only time that something different won was those acrobats.

If they're a singer, I want someone different like...

If they're a dancer, I want someone like this guy to win...

But I would love to see an impressionist win...

Oh and I love Girls Roc, it's very sexy. I look forward to tonight! :D

Thanks for making this thread, flameboy. I love Britain's Got Talent, and the semi-finals are the best part of it because a) they all improve significantly from the auditions, if only the staging etc, and b) the actual final loses too many good acts.

My favourites this year:

Girls Roc (good to have a sexy act - shame on you, Michael Macintyre!)

Lads from Oxford University who sing Lady Gaga etc

Bike stuntman

Oh yeah totally forgot about those lads from oxford they were awesome. Yeah they do improve a lot from the auditions and its obvious they get a lot of work done with the production team etc which is only a good thing for the spectacle of it all.

Glad your happy the threads been started you can expect me to be posting throughout lol.

I watched some of it last night, it really is rediculous they have the likes of the Bell Ringers, Mexico Dog act and a few other useless ones etc... and yet both those dancers lasty night didn't go through.

I do like that Piano player guy, and have a bit of a soft spot for that girl with the 'singing dog'.

Those Magicians were also good.

Can't remember eveyone who was good, will probs watch some of it this week.

Yeah tis true I guess it is a variety show though and thats why we end up with this mix... of acts which moves me on to...

I DON'T WANT A SINGING OR DANCING ACT TO WIN UNLESS THEY ARE FUNNY OR DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT! This is supposed to be a variety show and yet all that ever wins is a singing or dancing act. The only time that something different won was those acrobats.

If they're a singer, I want someone different like...

If they're a dancer, I want someone like this guy to win...

But I would love to see an impressionist win...

Oh and I love Girls Roc, it's very sexy. I look forward to tonight! :D

Yes I agree it does suck that singers and dancers always win. They also obviously split up the semi finals in such a way that helps singers and dancers get through. I wish they would mix it up and have a live draw where the semi finals are randomly drawn or something rather than it happening in secret.

Yeah, that was annoying. They put through many acts just for the sake of variety. If one year they only get mediocre singing groups and mediocre dance groups, they shouldn't put them through. They should put the best acts through, even if they clash. Let the public decide.

I mean, a bloke who bulges his eyes... really.

The eye-boggle guy - when he came on stage I guessed he'd do that. What a shit act. No novelty there, and nothing new. Waste of a space.

Also - they said 'yes' to something like 210 acts during auditions only to have to turn away 160 before the live show?

So one of those dancer guys is missing the final in place of dogs/bells/eyes. Fact is that dude could dance. But when they decided to do a 'playoff' stage I just thought that in some of those cases it'd be better to get them to do a 'duet' -- the dancer dudes (who aren't british...) would be epic in combination.

I agree that singing shouldn't go far -- but this is a good medium for the non-pop voices to come through. That drama teacher who sung twinkle twinkle little start to the tune of ... that song i forget the fucking name of by the band that eludes me... was something that wouldn't be right in x-factor. I also think that the group dancers are clearly talented but definitely fit a different mold to what the show is about. There are dancing shows now and I think the itv formula could work with a dance-only show.

Aside from that you have the carnival acts who blatantly do tours anyway, so are bound to be good. Can't see any one clear winner (there really shouldn't be just one as it's ridiculous to compare some of the stuff to one another). Looking forward to seeing simon cowell back in business.

(yes, I'm rather fantatic about this show, apparantly!)

I just found out that the last video I posted didn't get through and that shitting eye popper and those bell ringers and that dog act that went wrong did! How shit!

If I was critisize Cal Halbert slightly I'd say I don't like impressionists who say "hello I'm billy connolly" let me decide if your good enough by working out who you are. Theres cleverer ways of hinting at who you are. I hate dog acts full stop so one that goes wrong is even worse.

Also the eye popping guy was on nevermind the buzzcocks! Took me ages to work out where I had seen him before and then it clicked;

9 minute mark and you'll see him shortly afterwards

It's variety yes... but not putting those 2 (just two) great dancers through from last night, and yet other series having endless ammounts of generic samey dance troops... and we've got another one this year that weren't even that good... is annoying!

It's variety yes... but not putting those 2 (just two) great dancers through from last night, and yet other series having endless ammounts of generic samey dance troops... and we've got another one this year that weren't even that good... is annoying!

abyss was it? cos yeah they do suck in comparison to diversity and flawless.

The eye-boggle guy - when he came on stage I guessed he'd do that. What a shit act. No novelty there, and nothing new. Waste of a space.

Also - they said 'yes' to something like 210 acts during auditions only to have to turn away 160 before the live show?

So one of those dancer guys is missing the final in place of dogs/bells/eyes. Fact is that dude could dance. But when they decided to do a 'playoff' stage I just thought that in some of those cases it'd be better to get them to do a 'duet' -- the dancer dudes (who aren't british...) would be epic in combination.

I agree that singing shouldn't go far -- but this is a good medium for the non-pop voices to come through. That drama teacher who sung twinkle twinkle little start to the tune of ... that song i forget the fucking name of by the band that eludes me... was something that wouldn't be right in x-factor. I also think that the group dancers are clearly talented but definitely fit a different mold to what the show is about. There are dancing shows now and I think the itv formula could work with a dance-only show.

Aside from that you have the carnival acts who blatantly do tours anyway, so are bound to be good. Can't see any one clear winner (there really shouldn't be just one as it's ridiculous to compare some of the stuff to one another). Looking forward to seeing simon cowell back in business.

(yes, I'm rather fantatic about this show, apparantly!)

As I said, I don't mind singers or dancers that do something different but I can't stand it if they don't.

If you want to sing, sign up for The X Factor. If you want to dance, sign up for Got to Dance or So You Think You Can Dance. The bloke who sang nursery rhymes to the tune of Run by Signal Fire (covered by Leona Lewis) is different to ones who just do covers of songs. The two dancers last night were completely different to the usual streetdance groups who just use the same old moves everytime with backflips and shit, it's just boring now.

I also don't like these little girl dance troupes either. They're annoying and samey. I want someone different to win this year like Starbound (was that their name?) won last year. I don't mind dancers like Twist and Pulse because it was different and it was funny but dancers who just basically do the same thing are just boring. They just remind me way too much of Diversity and Flawless.

Looking at the list in the opening post of who's on tonight... nearly all of them were some of the best ones! How annoying!! Considering 'Britains answer to bloody Justin Beiber' seems almost guaranteed to go through (honestly WHY do the public vote for these acts!!)... that leave so many great acts for just 1 other place in the final.

Looking at the list in the opening post of who's on tonight... nearly all of them were some of the best ones! How annoying!! Considering 'Britains answer to bloody Justin Beiber' seems almost guaranteed to go through (honestly WHY do the public vote for these acts!!)... that leave so many great acts for just 1 other place in the final.

Yeah thats the kid I posted about. For the audition what the fuck was he worrying, which c**t told him to dress like such a pretentious arsehole and he needs teaching how to hold a mic and not look like a twat.

The girl singing with the dog... She could do alright without the dog, so... wtf?! however there was that 13 year old girl with an astounding operatic voice in the last episode who will clearly do well.

Another annoying kid I hated! But yeah the dog was soooo pointless in that act!

Anyway we are GOOOOO!!

EDIT:

look at the tits on that girl in the middle :shakehead

Edited by flameboy
Automerged Doublepost

I genuinely don't understand this show. They put through people with absolutely no talent whatsoever, which just makes it a complete joke and means half the time it comes across as no better than a school talent show.

Though, maybe that's just me.

having previously been anti-dog stuff, the dog lady was alright. The sexy half-naked ladies were... well... just half-naked. Prettyy shit aside from that.

Terminator guy is on now and, he's trying to be weird but he's just uncoordinated and not weird enough. Should be more freaky.