Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Eurovision Dusseldorf 2011

Beast

It has nothing to do with you being liked or not. The song just wasn't good, the singing was horrible.

About the points, they applied a new system this year so it would be more difficult to predict the winner. That way it's supposed to be a bit more "exciting" and less predictable or whatever. I think it was sort of proven with Italy moving from out of nowhere to the second spot heh.

But not everyone votes for acts which were good, the subjectivity that chair mentioned comes into play when people vote for acts they *liked*.

But yeah, the competition incorporates so many different countries, all with different tastes, there's no point in taking the results seriously especially with the whole voting-for-neighbouring-countries thing! I didn't know there was a new system actually, the last time I watched the whole thing properly on TV was years and years ago.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The UK actually got quite a lot of votes, it's just that they were low votes. If the song was written better, then they could have scored some 8s and 10s rather than 1s and 2s.

The song didn't suck this year, and its evident to see in their final position.

What is the lesson from this? Choose a decent artist or group who can sing. Write a decent song.

Thing is though, not many credible UK artists would want to enter Eurovision... it's always gonna be the 'lets give it one last go' groups... next year... STEPS!! :D

That, and we don't want to win it anyway, so who's really gonna bother!

Honestly, I'm sure we would be able to find somebody talented enough and good enough for the competition. It's just...we seem to have a thing for crap acts. Hence why Jedward are where they are today. If only we had a thing for good acts.

Its a shame really. There have been so many brilliant British bands, groups and artists over the years. I'm sure someone is willing to have a go and actually make something decent. Or better still...awesome.

If not, why don't we do it? Aaahah.

It'll be interesting when they release the split of results between the televoting and the juries - see if Britain was liked by the judges but not by the public of Europe, the other way round, or just seen as average by both.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!