N-Europe

Terraria

drahkon

Ok nice one!

See now I get why people say this because of the freedom of clicking the mouse provides and the speed. I just can't get used to wasd and space as jump in a platformer...gonna muck about with them. I just find that clawing down to space very awkward.

Once you get used to it then anything else will feel weird. My hand just naturally sits on WASD and Space now no matter what im doing.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See now I get why people say this because of the freedom of clicking the mouse provides and the speed. I just can't get used to wasd and space as jump in a platformer...gonna muck about with them. I just find that clawing down to space very awkward.

Well, playing with a controller might be more comfortable, but trust me...you do not want to play Terraria with a controller.

Aiming with the analogue stick in this game takes way too fucking long and is therefore annoying as hell. You'll understand when you've been mining for a couple of minutes.

Any other game that includes platforming...a controller is better. But here. No! :p

Well, playing with a controller might be more comfortable, but trust me...you do not want to play Terraria with a controller.

Aiming with the analogue stick in this game takes way too fucking long and is therefore annoying as hell. You'll understand when you've been mining for a couple of minutes.

Any other game that includes platforming...a controller is better. But here. No! :p

Oh yeah I totally get that from the two hours I played. I can imagine the cursor will be hell on a stick. I dunno its just a learning curve...using mouse was weird enough as usually use trackpad on laptop.

Hope no one was hoping to play during the day today - decided to turn the PC off to give it a break whilst I'm at work. I'll have it back up and ting this afternoony/evening by half 5 again methinks. Slowly wanna work towards getting us all enough spores for jungle bits!

Also been farming eaters a bit for rotten chunks, seems they eventually drop shadow armours - so there's the cool looking alternatives in the armour chest now too. Think a full set and an extra greaves(tho tbh there might be regular...I think I swapped for the cool looking ones ;))

Awesome! I'm working all this week so won't be about until past 5 anyway. I'd love to get a vilethorn, so if anyone sees one...

^_^

Think they drop out from orbs, I'm sure I noticed mine in my inv shortly after smashing one. I smashed another last night, don't think it gave much or whatever it was has gone into the gold chest.

On which note a meteorite then landed(which I completely forgot til now...shouldnt play half asleep!) Iirc correctly there's a 50% change of meteroite the night after an orb smash, so worth smashing them a day or two at a time. There's a butt-ton of corruption tbh, the bit we found to the west, then more past the jungle, and there's the bit on the east too - so should be plenty orbs about hopefully.

So what should I be doing to start off my world. I've made dirt bricks, wooden bench, torches coins and wooden planks.

Always a tough question. Google maybe a beginners guide - explains houses/occupation for NPCs. Other than that the only real start is to get mining...go for ores, make better stuff, use to get better stuff, to make better stuff...etc. You'll find hearts,chests, items drops and stuff all along the way, and eventually random events/bosses should start happening to your I imagine.

NEuropia's up btw if anyone's interested, I'll jump on in a bit.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

Not done too much today except gathering and stuff(Ville's done some nice structural work). Also Horetio's pissed me off a bit so I've told him he can't play any more, which also means for future the world will be password protected with a different password - for now this will be 3pass3. There's a possibility in banning him that we've lost something of note, but if that is the case and you realise/miss something due to it please let me know and I'll replace it hopefully.

So I spent about 2 hours tonight digging and mining and stuff and building a house...because that's what I heard I should do after doing some reading when I saw the housing button.

Here is my rather poor first effort

88921013EEF14CDD4F832BEB463B42CF4DB3174B

So one thing I don't get that flag with a face on it appeared and an icon for this character appeared I can click on the icon and drag it to a house but it says the house is occupied yet he isn't there? Am I missing soemthing?

Are we any closer to attempting the wall of flesh again yet? Last thing I did was covering the lava to the right of our hole so we have a good distance to run.

I'd double check with @Ville, I think he's been doing some prep work down there. We need to set a day/time so anyone who wants to take it on can all do so together.

Did any of you guys make jungle gear like the triple hook or chakram? Slowly been stacking spores in one of the chests for it.

I've never Wall of Fleshed before, so I don't know what I really 'need'. I'm currently rocking full demonite armour and I think I'll make myself a blade of grass later. I might see about farming up some bits for ironskin potions; sadly spent most of yesterday collecting bits for Queen Bee summons(just cos I fancy fighting her again...wouldn't mind a full bee outfit).

When are we likely to WoF?

My chakram's got a good boost iirc, forget what it was tho so that should be ok as a ranged weapon? Obv got rocket boots and grapple already too. Only wondered when we're going to as I'll be out for a bit on Friday, and possibly most of thursday. Out of today and tomorrow I'll be playing a bit less on one day...this games destroying my sleep lol.

Rocket boots and a ranged weapon yes, plus a decent armour. The semi-ranged melee ones are ok too. Ironskin potion is handy, and a honey pool for faster health regen would be too (still in progress though).

If someone wants a hell gun / bow, won't take long to mine and craft. Box has staffs too, and a meteor armour + space gun combo is also possible; fast firing with no mana used (dmg is 21 tho).

As for strategy, kill the little bastards first, then aim for the big eyes. The little ones are weaker to melee it seems, so I'll try tanking them first, then switch to ranged for the eyes. I have diamond staff for rapid fire magic, then will switch to hellbow / use the flail when mana dries up.

I'm game whenever you lot are.