N-Europe

Terraria

drahkon

Can you still make signs? If we can make signs and mark chests I can make the MOTD to be to check them/leave them alone!

Ok @Happenstance @nightwolf @drahkon @Ville @anyone-else, world's up. Same deets. Due to time I'm well behind my schedule for the day and so I am unable to go on and stick all my bits in a chest as I planned, sorry.

(im heading out again now, any issues post in here just so I know)

Port 7777

pass2

Well, there was an update to the game just now, it's v1.2.0.2. The server is running on the old version, so cannot join...

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am return! It is so close to morning that this is not even going to stop being a thing that is up. Whilst I mildly struggle to type I'd be mildly interested in any pontetnial goings ons of the world! The consoles gets rather filled up with saving messages!

Sobriety is a good choice. Sleep helps, too! Nonetheless, server shall be up all of le days today, probably right through until Monday morning even(though I won't be about most of tomorrow afternoon as I've just been offered and accepted a shift for some sunday monies).

Edited by Rummy

Happs, found the meteorite to the west! Literally above the demon altar where my horizontal shaft comes out, I've mined it all now tho.

Also, you know why I love Terraria? Because whilst we're all playing and killing shit and exploring, someone like Marc's just quietly off doing his own thing, putting an absolute fucking touch on the world. I'm not gonna say what or where it is, but when you find it just know it was him. Same reason I love Ville's massive fiery bellend.

I keep thinking about watching that but my hate for TotalBiscuit has only grown since their last Terraria videos so I cant bring myself to.

I had no idea you hated Total Biscuit. I think he a total bellend, watched a podcast once via twitch and it's as if the other hosts were there just to wank him off.

Edit:

I actually came here to ask if I should play this? It's all anyone on steam seems to play. Does it work on short sessions as well as longer?

Oh yeah I absolutely hate him. I really like Jesse Cox and Dodger but just cant listen/watch their podcast because Total Biscuit is on there. I think he is an arrogant tosser and just another one of those game commenters whose schtick is to be "cynical".

As for Terraria yes you should play it. Its a really good game and Rummy's server is awesome.

I had no idea you hated Total Biscuit. I think he a total bellend, watched a podcast once via twitch and it's as if the other hosts were there just to wank him off.

Edit:

I actually came here to ask if I should play this? It's all anyone on steam seems to play. Does it work on short sessions as well as longer?

I think a lot of people are playing atm due to the update(I'm just having a quick break to deal with something) - it's a difficult beast to explain. What's a short session? You end up playing more than you intended/wanted to I find; but the setup at the moment with a world people can drop in and out of is quite nice too.

/unhelpful

I think a lot of people are playing atm due to the update(I'm just having a quick break to deal with something) - it's a difficult beast to explain. What's a short session? You end up playing more than you intended/wanted to I find; but the setup at the moment with a world people can drop in and out of is quite nice too.

/unhelpful

I mean short as in if I find myself with 15 mins will still achieve stuff?

Also there an end game?

I mean short as in if I find myself with 15 mins will still achieve stuff?

Also there an end game?

Yes and yes.

Simply its very easy to pick up and drop. There's also end content to work towards, which is a lot more defined than say minecraft.

That was really fun fellas, thank you for helping me with gear etc. I've now got that blue sword and book of skulls to keep me alive for a while! Now hunting around for some decent armour. :D

Yes and yes.

Simply its very easy to pick up and drop. There's also end content to work towards, which is a lot more defined than say minecraft.

That was really fun fellas, thank you for helping me with gear etc. I've now got that blue sword and book of skulls to keep me alive for a while! Now hunting around for some decent armour. :D

Hi thanks for the answer that is one of the reasons I don't like Minecraft it's a little too there is nothing to do here keep yourself amused!

Haha, cheers wolfy! I want to sort the chests but just haven't found the time. I've had a ton of fun today(and I'm still about to go back for more, just been kicked off my dad's computer back to my own), hope you guys have too!

Hi thanks for the answer that is one of the reasons I don't like Minecraft it's a little too there is nothing to do here keep yourself amused!

Tbh you can(and first off most probably will) die in 15 minutes. That sets you right back to the spawn, so yeah...maybe you COULD do something 15 minutes but as you progress you need to factor in like travel time and stuff etc(though you work out ways to get about quicker and stuff too). I have managed to play in short bursts, but you really won't when you get into it.

The short end of it though - it's only like £6. Even cheaper in sales. I think I paid about £3 and as of now I've apparently had 185 hours out of it(and I've not even progressed onto Hardmode like many others!) and apparently 20 of those were this week with these guys. I think it's actually a bit more given I've been playing all day, but I did hop computers and I think confused it a bit.

However one big draw is exactly the fact of how we've been playing it - I much more enjoy it with other people even though you don't necessarily have to play together. You're just all there in the world, and you make your choices on what you'll do/whether you'll jam with someone else or not. Without the people I've played it with I don't think I'd love it so much.

I don't PC game too often but I got used to the keyboard controls fairly sharpish(not totally unfamiliar with wasd).

As for getting onto the server @flameboy - need to just select multiplayer, your character, then my IP address and bits that it asks for.

Me: 86.11.87.22

port: 7777

Pass: pass2 (when I remember to set it)

It'll be up all day today too, but I'm at work this afternoon so won't be on from 1 til about 9ish.

Just let Ville and Wolfy know but I'm off to work, not back til 9ish(or a bit later, i forget what time i finish). Any issues just post here and let me know. World'll be up all day tho! Look forward to hearing of your adventures :)

It looks like one of you dropped Ruthless fury in one of the houses (the fire ranged weapon). I've put it in one of the gold chests :).

EDIT: Looks like someone dropped a magic mirror too, again in one of the gold chests.

Edited by nightwolf

I don't PC game too often but I got used to the keyboard controls fairly sharpish(not totally unfamiliar with wasd).

As for getting onto the server @flameboy - need to just select multiplayer, your character, then my IP address and bits that it asks for.

Me: 86.11.87.22

port: 7777

Pass: pass2 (when I remember to set it)

It'll be up all day today too, but I'm at work this afternoon so won't be on from 1 til about 9ish.

Ok nice one!

Trust me, Terraria with a controller is sooooooooooo much worse than with mouse and keyboard.

I played the PS3 demo and it was incredibly tedious to do anything.

See now I get why people say this because of the freedom of clicking the mouse provides and the speed. I just can't get used to wasd and space as jump in a platformer...gonna muck about with them. I just find that clawing down to space very awkward.