NEurope
Rummy

Alternative Vote, please vote!

Kinda an unfair system in that regard really. Then again, if Scotland winds up Independent then FPTP will give us the opposite, constant Tory governments with a weak Labour opposition. We'd then either have to increase the number of constituencies in the North of England or move t a new voting system.

I reckon Tories will reign for another 5-10 years, and then people will realise they're completely whack and never vote them in again.

I didn't vote up here, for either the Scottish Elections or the AV vote. Kinda knew the SNP would hold on to power, but didn't think they'd get it by as much as they did. Slightly annoyed, as it'll mean they'll push forward with the idiotic idea of trying to make Scotland independent, and that's my biggest issue with the SNP (most of their other policies are pretty good). But while they want it, the vast majority of the public don't.

As for AV, I don't really have an opinion on it. It was proposed as an alternative when really there wasn't anything else being suggested as an alternative to FPTP. On that ground, I didn't see much point in going to vote for it and would have voted no anyway if I had gone to vote because I don't see the point in bringing in a new voting system just for the sake of it when it may only be marginally better in some instances rather than providing the wide sweeping reforms people want.

Saying no to AV doesn't mean we won't get another opportunity to change the voting scheme, although it's likely we won't get another referendum on it for years, maybe even decades or unless someone proposes something which really does shake up the way in which the government is formed.

I didn't vote up here, for either the Scottish Elections or the AV vote. Kinda knew the SNP would hold on to power, but didn't think they'd get it by as much as they did. Slightly annoyed, as it'll mean they'll push forward with the idiotic idea of trying to make Scotland independent, and that's my biggest issue with the SNP (most of their other policies are pretty good). But while they want it, the vast majority of the public don't.

They want to use a referendum to decide whether or not Scotland will be independent, so surely it's a moot point when it comes to choosing who to vote for? I'm not really sure how Scotland can be made independent though in all honesty. Natural resources, for example. How are the Scottish Parliament and Westminster going to agree on who owns what? Issues like that will have to be sorted out before it goes to referendum, otherwise there's no way Independence will happen. It's a pipe dream and an unrealistic threat.

I reckon Tories will reign for another 5-10 years, and then people will realise they're completely whack and never vote them in again.

For about 10 years then people will grow tired of Labour and vote the Tories in again. Its the same pattern that's been happening for what feels like millennia.

For about 10 years then people will grow tired of Labour and vote the Tories in again. Its the same pattern that's been happening for what feels like millennia.

That's why we need a revolution.

Start a Facebook campaign to vote for me. It'd be awesome. I'd listen and fix everything.

If we can get Rage to number one, we can get this to happen

Yeah but if you got into power you'd use an outdated design in number 10, moan about how you have to do work and give 4chan more ammunition :heh:

Yeah but if you got into power you'd use an outdated design in number 10, moan about how you have to do work and give 4chan more ammunition :heh:

Touché :p

They still hate me because I was right though :p

I'm very proud of where I live in London, Islington one of the few places in the country to vote YES to AV.

Islington is full of middle class hippies.

The irony of life. How me and my fellow Islingites sit in Costa on Holloway Road piffily commenting on how we're so broke right now while sipping on a £4 non-fat low-foam latte with a light whisper of cinnamon.

(Okay I live in Haringey but I can practically touch Islington from here and I may also just be going delusional from a lack of sleep)

(Also as the pedantic police are apparently out in action we would not be affected by poverty, not effected)

Edited by Ashley

The irony of life. How me and my fellow Islingites sit in Costa on Holloway Road piffily commenting on how we're so broke right now while sipping on a £4 non-fat low-foam latte with a light whisper of cinnamon.

(Okay I live in Haringey but I can practically touch Islington from here and I may also just be going delusional from a lack of sleep)

Definitely delusional.

To people like you poverty is just a word.

Try some happy shopper instant coffee.

Honestly I'm only waiting for HIGNFY to be put on iPlayer.

And I don't drink coffee.

Honestly I'm only waiting for HIGNFY to be put on iPlayer.

And I don't drink coffee.

Watched it live, was OK, but they ignored important news.

Definitely delusional.

To people like you poverty is just a word.

Try some happy shopper instant coffee.

You amuse me.

--

This country is delusional. Politics needs a change, desperately. People are so damn fickle it's unbelievable. "I hate them now, let's vote for the others" and then a year later it's "I hate these, let's vote for the others" once again. AV at least would have been a nice little step in the right direction.

The conservatives are either playing a brilliant game, or the the entire country is utterly idiotic. I'm torn as to which.

This country is delusional. Politics needs a change, desperately. People are so damn fickle it's unbelievable. "I hate them now, let's vote for the others" and then a year later it's "I hate these, let's vote for the others" once again. AV at least would have been a nice little step in the right direction.

The conservatives are either playing a brilliant game, or the the entire country is utterly idiotic. I'm torn as to which.

I'm leaning towards the latter. The most common complaint you hear is that voting "never changed anything." Now we've had a vote specifically to change something and most decided not to.

Believe it or not, Islington is actually the eighth most deprived borough in England.

So you can go away with your stereotypes, thank you.

I know, bet you don't live in the deprived quarter though.

I live in your neighbouring borough, the most deprived, and some would say depraved, in the country. Rather be here than there.

Taking the high ground then for living in a poorer area? That makes perfect sense.

I'm guessing you live in Hackney then if it's a neighbouring borough. Which part?

I live on Holloway Road, which I wouldn't call "middle class" to any extent. It's probably got the highest amount of fried chicken shops in one place in the whole country!

I live on Holloway Road, which I wouldn't call "middle class" to any extent. It's probably got the highest amount of fried chicken shops in one place in the whole country!

You've obviously never been to Dalston.