NEurope
Rummy

Alternative Vote, please vote!

I think a big reason people don't vote and why parties will always struggle to make people want to vote for them is class. Who the hell are these politicians and how can they relate to the average man/woman who is middle class. It counts for a lot so many people I know feel this way. It always makes me wonder if say me an everyman ran in my local area and tried to get the local kids (read 18-25ish) involved and interested and based my ideas and principles on everything they want would there be any chance of victory. Meh this all sounds a bit Ali in Da House lol

Definitely. A lot is about perception. We don't know anything about these people except for what we read in the newspapers and when it gets that far it's normally because it's something bad.

You'd probably need a heck of a turnout if that was the sole group you were targeting but if your policies also appealed to others then why not - it's feasible. Your voice would be completely drowned out in Commons mind but at least you got there and maybe other parties would look at what you've done and ask how they've been going so wrong all these years.