N-Europe

Smallville

Happenstance

^Shorty i agree! It is a shame that they have had to re-use same sets over and over again.

I just try and not think about it 2 much when i'm watching! haha. Although i have not noticed it as much as i have in series 8 i think it was.

I really hope money is being saved for the finale, i want good effects god dam it! Some have been really bad. There was a scene in Ep 3 of this one which springs to mind as really bad.

Edited by Mike1988uk

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the problem with producing such an effects heavy show on a small network. They did film a lot more on location in the early days but alas you saw less and less of it as time wore on.

It's weird going back and watching the earlier season and seeing what Tom Welling looked like then, compared to now. He's seriously bulked up, definitely looks the part for who he's about to become.

Edited by Jon

It's weird going back and watching the earlier season and seeing what Tom Welling looked like then, compared to now. He's seriously bulked up definitely looks the part for who he's about to become.

It's amazing how much younger he looks as well!!! (well i suppose it was like 10 years ago...)

Just watched trailer for pilot now you said that, i always thought he had decreased in bulk... how wrong i was!

One thing Smallville did used to do well was epic season finales, better than most other shows I watch.
Oh man, yes. I may have been young and naive but I really thought he was going to fly after the Season 1 finale, or come back in Season 4 suited and ready to go :heh:
It's amazing how much younger he looks as well!!! (well i suppose it was like 10 years ago...)
True, although he still looked nowhere near the Freshman age he was supposed to be :D Edited by Shorty

You know despite the fact that Lana became the most annoying thing on Smallville from season 4 onwards I think it's a shame they didn't get her back for the last season. Mainly because they only broke up because they physically couldn't be together. The Lois/Clark relationship has been shown to be a lot more of an adult one and I think the final thing it needs is to show that Lois wasn't just the runner up prize and that he would choose her now over Lana.

True, although he still looked nowhere near the Freshman age he was supposed to be :D

Haha, agreed!

You know despite the fact that Lana became the most annoying thing on Smallville from season 4 onwards I think it's a shame they didn't get her back for the last season. Mainly because they only broke up because they physically couldn't be together. The Lois/Clark relationship has been shown to be a lot more of an adult one and I think the final thing it needs is to show that Lois wasn't just the runner up prize and that he would choose her now over Lana.

Yeah, some proper closure type thing.

Although i would prefer them to focus on Clark for the Finale, all about his final stages before coming the Man of Steel etc, i could not care less about Oliver and Co! :heh:

I dunno, I'd love to see all the heroes appear again, in full costume in a massive brawl.

That would be good n all but i would only want that after really covering everything with Clarks 'transformation' and tieing up loose ends in the show.

But being realistic it just isn't going to happen! :heh:

I really hope we see him in the suit for more than a few minutes.

That would be ace!!! Although i am trying to not get my hopes up, so i wont feel dissappointed.

I'm partly expecting a closing shot of him flying in the sky wearing the suit and then it ends... as in terms of the idea of the show of a young lad who becomes Superman, as soon as he puts on the suit the idea of the show is over.

Although you could argue the idea of the show ended seasons ago!

Well Gough and Millar, the original showrunners have come out and said their plan for the last shot was Clark putting on the suit and flying off to his destiny and they think it will end up being some version of that plan.

At the start of the season I figured he would wear the suit and come out in the open to inspire all the people in Metropolis who were under the influence of Darkseid but with the VRA storyline dropped and no mention of the normal people feeling negative anymore im thinking more and more that it will just end up being Clark Vs Darkseid fight and then once thats done he'll probably be worthy enough in Robo Jor'Els eyes to wear the suit.

I am worried that it will just be the final scene that we see him in the suit, just a couple of seconds and that's all we get.

I think the final "fight" should be him in it, so it gets a bit of screen time, don't know how it would be worked into the story but doesn't Darkseid prey on any darkness/insecurities you have? Maybe in order to face him he has to become the true hero he was destined to become (including the suit) and then they can throw down?

For anyone interested, short trailer for episode 19 Dominion. Spoiler if you don't want to know what the episode is about.

Also some other teaser trailers for the Finale. NO spoilers in these vids so no need to worry! Just re-using old stuff in a teaser type way :)

To be honest, i'd be really surprised if we see him in the suit for anymore than a passing glance. I could be wrong, but from what the producers have been hinting, I don't think it's going to be some big moment.

110426mag-SmallvilleDVD1.jpg

They've just announced the complete series for DVD. the link below has all the details and pretty sweet trailer too.

More info here.

Don't think i'll pick this up as I already own all the seasons released so far (1-9), though i am tempted with some of the extras. Judging by the shape of that box though, it wont fit very well in DVD cabinet

Despite usually loving Lois Lane in this series she did annoy me in this episode. I was completely on Tess' side with her going along with Clarks orders and Lois just came across as a bit selfish. Oh and Clark saying they would lock up any team member infected with the darkness really wasnt something Superman or even Clark in Smallville would say.

I did enjoy the rest of the episode though and it was nice to see Oliver back. Plus we got a nice explanation now on whats going on with Zod and that we're back to just one of him, beard and all :p

Despite usually loving Lois Lane in this series she did annoy me in this episode. I was completely on Tess' side with her going along with Clarks orders and Lois just came across as a bit selfish. Oh and Clark saying they would lock up any team member infected with the darkness really wasnt something Superman or even Clark in Smallville would say.

I did enjoy the rest of the episode though and it was nice to see Oliver back. Plus we got a nice explanation now on whats going on with Zod and that we're back to just one of him, beard and all :p

Agreed with everything you said there!

Only two episodes left now. :(