N-Europe

Allergies

Ashley

I've known all my life I was very mildly allergic (as it just made my skin go red, then go away) to Elastoplast/most plasters, and ominously "some antibiotics" (my mum knew what though. Eryhtrymycin or summin).

And of course now my concern is what was detailed in THIS immortal thread, and is what means I have to carry an Epipen and allergy tablets with me at all times. :(

It's some random wheat preservative that is randomly in some things but not in others, and it's inconsistant. It's happened a lot with takeaway Pizza (I've reacted - purely skin, i.e one tiny bump, then goes away), but never Pizza Express pizza etc. And once randomly after Burger King, but not since. Then the other day I got another little lump after walking home (it occurs after exercise of any kind) but I just ate what I eat everyday for lunch, a panini...random.

Upside is I can't die from this aller

I don't think I'm allergic to anything...yet.

One of my friends is allergic to cats, but not her cats. Must be different "type" of fur. Not sure whether type is the right word because fur is fur, but there are differences.

Actually, I get slight hay fever that make my eyes itchy but it rarely happens.

I don't think I'm allergic to anything...yet.

One of my friends is allergic to cats, but not her cats. Must be different "type" of fur. Not sure whether type is the right word because fur is fur, but there are differences.

Actually, I get slight hay fever that make my eyes itchy but it rarely happens.

My sister is the same when it comes to cat fur. We had to pick a cat quite carefully that she wouldnt have a problem with. I think its mostly long haired cats she has a problem with though if I remember right.

My very limited knowledge of cat allergies says that it's not actually the fur itself that causes the reaction, but something in the cat's saliva, which gets on its fur when it cleans itself.

I'm allergic to penicillin and likely have hayfever. I also sneeze a lot when dusting.