N-Europe

The Next Playstation

Pit-Jr

If the PS3 doesn't have a 10 year life span, I shall forever remember that Sony lied to us all.

I reckon it will look at PS2, still selling bundles over xmas in good numbers...think xmas 2010 wasn't as strong so probably dead. Also PSP despite its many problems is still selling 6/7 years on.

Uncharted 2 is very colourful, has humour, has loads of sequences and is an immense chore to play.

Lemme just fix that for you.

I hope for some improvements to the OS/XMB. I can download a game/demo on XBL or Steam and as soon as the download is done I can run it (Uhhh correct me if I'm wrong on the 360 front, it's been a while) without having to then take the time to select the download and install it.

I'd also enjoy being able to choose more than Online or Away for my status, such as appearing offline while actually online. And maybe I'm just dumb, but I don't see a way to sign out of PSN short of disabling the network connection/changing profiles.

The controller needs a major revision, L2/R2 are like Daft said, too soft I can't rest my finger on them without accidentally pressing them and it's less than comfortable to rest my finger on L1/R1. It doesn't bother me as much, but the analogue sticks are just poorly placed, I rest my thumb near my index finger, not way out away from it.

Longer charging cord wouldn't go amiss either...

It's going to be just like the PS3, only this time it will finally have games.

InFamous

3D Dot Game Heroes

Demon's Souls

God of War 3

Gran Turismo 5

Heavy Rain

Killzone 2/3

LittleBigPlanet 1/2

MAG

MGS4

Motorstorms

PixelJunk Shooter

Ratchet & Clanks

Resistance

SOCOM

Uncharted 1/2

Wipeout

I've probably missed some.

I'd also enjoy being able to choose more than Online or Away for my status, such as appearing offline while actually online. And maybe I'm just dumb, but I don't see a way to sign out of PSN short of disabling the network connection/changing profiles.

You can press triangle on your PSN name thing, and you can change it to away i think.

Edited by MadDog
Automerged Doublepost

To be fair I may skip the next console cycle.

Portable and PC gaming is the way forward.

If I do get a console, it will be Nintendo because I can play the type of games MS and Sony make on the PC.

InFamous

3D Dot Game Heroes

Demon's Souls

God of War 3

Gran Turismo 5

Heavy Rain

Killzone 2/3

LittleBigPlanet 1/2

MAG

MGS4

Motorstorms

PixelJunk Shooter

Ratchet & Clanks

Resistance

SOCOM

Uncharted 1/2

Wipeout

Yakuza 3/4

Super Stardust HD

I've probably missed some.

I've improved the list for you.

Also, respect for putting Wipeout on that list.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound ignorant (which I can't stand). I genuinely would like to get a PS3 sometime, it's just I haven't seen anything that's really grabbed me yet. It's a blinkin' shame Dragon Quest moved away from Sony, because I'd have one now if it hadn't.

You didn't! I know exactly what you meant.

Ironically, Dragon Quest is the reason i bought a PS3. After the success of VIII on the PS2, and that early White Knight Chronicles trailer, i was sure the next DQ would be PS3-bound but nooooooo!

Having said that though, theres still a ton of worthy exclusive and multiplat games that make up for it. And most of them are dirt cheap by now

Ironically, Dragon Quest is the reason i bought a PS3. After the success of VIII on the PS2, and that early White Knight Chronicles trailer, i was sure the next DQ would be PS3-bound but nooooooo!

lulz, someone didn't do their homework on what the Dragon Quest series is and just blindly bought a system cause it was on the system before it. :laughing:

I know WKC has nothing to do with Dragon Quest 8 except for sharing a common developer (Level 5)

Ive played the series since the original Dragon Warrior on the NES so im not sure what you're on about.

I am a little disappointed about X not coming to the PS3, but i dont regret my purchase a bit. Plus Square-Enix uses the term ''exclusive'' loosely these days.