NEurope
Mokong

3DS StreetPass Plaza

Beat the first quest yesterday. Working my way through the second now for the rest of the hats. Really awesome mode, hope they are able to update the console with new hats or ways to use Street Pass in future.

Woot, got another StreetPass today, that makes three :D

I also got my first Street Fighter 4 Pass too... and I won, 3 - 2 :D, go me

Find it a little funny though looking at where the 3 Miis are from.

My very first was from Killkenny, north of where I am, the 2nd was from Waterford, where I am and now the 3rd was from Cork, west of where I am. I seem to have more luck passing people from other places rather than my own :heh:

That's funny, I don't think I've seen any location data on mine.

When you first set up your 3DS did it not ask you for location information?

When you look at the profile of a Mii in your Plaza it should appear on the first page, right under where it says how long ago you met the person.

Also just noticed the guy I met today, I was his very first StreetPass hit... something about that makes you feel good :D

When you first set up your 3DS did it not ask you for location information?

I can't remember, but I've got six Miis and they just say "United Kingdom". Maybe because I didn't specify my town I can't see theirs.

Also just noticed the guy I met today, I was his very first StreetPass hit... something about that makes you feel good :D

Agreed. I've started wearing t-shirt colours I think they might want too.

I can't remember, but I've got six Miis and they just say "United Kingdom". Maybe because I didn't specify my town I can't see theirs.

Maybe tha's it... though didn't now you could not choose a town.

Yeah on the profiles it has "Ireland" first then the County underneath... I'd assumed it would have been similar in other countries too

Agreed. I've started wearing t-shirt colours I think they might want too.

For the Quests, haha that's a good idea... though I'm very attached to my fav colour (Black)... I actually have very few t-shirts in real life that aren't black :heh:

Also I got my first piece of a new puzzle off the guy today... I was actually able to choose which part I wanted, didn't get to do that with the other two. The first just gave me a piece and the 2nd didn't have any to give (cheap sod :heh:)

I got a piece of teh Mario Galaxy puzzle so now have 3 puzzles on the go, the other two being Metroid and Pikmin, both of which I just need 1 fraking piece to finish and keep getting doubles when I spend my coins :(

Also I got my first piece of a new puzzle off the guy today... I was actually able to choose which part I wanted, didn't get to do that with the other two. The first just gave me a piece and the 2nd didn't have any to give (cheap sod :heh:)

I always resent that too. You'd get plenty from me, as only about 1/10 that I buy is a New Piece nowadays. I have hundreds of spares!

Not got the Metroid or Mario Galaxy pictures yet. I've got Zelda, Kirby, Super Mario Bros and Pikmin.

I've just checked mine and they all say United Kingdom, England. Looking at the settings the other options are just Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. It would be good if they had more specific locations on there.

I've just checked mine and they all say United Kingdom, England. Looking at the settings the other options are just Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. It would be good if they had more specific locations on there.

That's a little odd, would have thought it would let yet go more specific than that considered we get a choice of counties here.

Got my 4th pass today, woot (well 5th actually but my "real" 4th was my cousin in his house with me explaining how the StreetPass works)

Guy had no puzzle pieces for me BBBOOOOOO

But was handy in the Quest with his red magic :)

Also I was his first streetpass, still makes ya feel good to be someones first :heh:

That's a little odd, would have thought it would let yet go more specific than that considered we get a choice of counties here.

How funny, here in Switzerland we were able to choose even the Cantons for location. There are 26 in the country, and most of them are less than 1,000 km^2. The reason is probably that the location info always has two sections: The country and the region. In the UK, this would be UK and then England, Scotland, Wales etc. In the USA it would show the states as the second thing.

So it all depends on the political structure of the country, even if one of the regions in Switzerland is only 37 square kilometers, whereas in England you have one region for 130,000 square kilometers :laughing:

Curse my inability to go along once again due to the harsh restraints work has placed upon me.

Gah, I must be the only person who owns a 3DS where I live. I've been into three major towns and 2 cities multiple times and got nothing. Streetpass sounds great yet I'm surprised I haven't found anyone else. Strange too as GAME, Gamestation, Grainger games and Chips game stores have had no streetpass functionality neither.

Game shops are total fail. They should have events and all kinds. There's only the Metro Centre that has events once in a blue moon.

How funny, here in Switzerland we were able to choose even the Cantons for location. There are 26 in the country, and most of them are less than 1,000 km^2. The reason is probably that the location info always has two sections: The country and the region. In the UK, this would be UK and then England, Scotland, Wales etc. In the USA it would show the states as the second thing.

So it all depends on the political structure of the country, even if one of the regions in Switzerland is only 37 square kilometers, whereas in England you have one region for 130,000 square kilometers :laughing:

Ah, we get a raw deal then. Not that I'm nationalistic or anything, or it's a big deal, but it always miffs me a bit when I have to select United Kingdom as a "country", because it isn't one (it's a state - thanks Wikipedia!) England is a country, with regions such as East Anglia, and the smaller counties such as Norfolk, Suffolk, Sussex etc.

tapedeck, do you carry your 3DS in a case? If so, are you sure there's not metal in it that's blocking the signal?

tapedeck, do you carry your 3DS in a case? If so, are you sure there's not metal in it that's blocking the signal?

No, I carry it in my trouser pocket. That way I look huge (and square).

No, I carry it in my trouser pocket. That way I look huge (and square).

Might be the height. I had the most luck in the first week, when it was still just about cold enough to wear a jacket. I slipped my 3DS into my breast pocket and it seemed to read behind the desks better. Tagged with loads more shop staff that week.

We have a 3DS behind the counter (including tills and detaggers and such) and there's no problems matching it with people that come in. Mine is in my pocket every day and I pick up the same people that the store 3DS does.

Also, I've beaten the quest and have completed 2 of the pictures.. meeting with 2 3DS units every day helps (level 7 heroes ftw :heh:)

I got lucky with StreetPass yesterday - I met three people in town, two of which only had one jigsaw piece each, but they were both ones I needed to complete the Kirby and New Super Mario Bros puzzles! So that's three puzzles I've finished now, and I've got four more on the go.

19 and counting. =p Very nice! Though one is a demo-pod. Not too bad, as he levels up every time we meet again. ;)

Yes, the regions are pretty specific. I'm from Belgium (which is pretty small to begin with), and I have a choice between Flanders an Wallonia. Pretty sensitive stuff, given the current policital situation. =/

Just unlocked the Toad hat. Augh, so close to the Metroid.

Cannot wait to adorn my Mii's head with that parasitic alien lifeform.

I'm rocking the crown at the moment. Have picked up the Luigi hat though..

NEED MORE HATS

At the summit of my quest now.. god dayumn I need to go into town more often so I can make use of all the game stores having units behind the counter.

Had a surprise StreetPass yesterday, was out all day, went out with family bit of road tripping and picnicing. Took the 3DS with me of course but never saw the Green Light come on. But when I got home and went to use my coins for the day I noticed the green dot on the Notification and Plaza Icons, score. Was while we were in JFK Park in New Ross, Co Wexford, having lunch I guess, I must not have noticed the green light as I kept opening and close the 3DS messing with the camera. Didn't think I'd get anything there wasn't that many people in the park.

New guy didn't have any puzzle parts I needed, so I took a piece from a new puzzle, now I have 4 puzzle on the go, Mario & Bowser being the new one.

Anyone figure out how many puzzles there are yet?

Edited by Mokong

Anyone figure out how many puzzles there are yet?

I'm pretty sure there are seven - that's how many I've got pieces for, anyway, and I haven't heard of any others.