NEurope
Beast

Squash (no, not the drink!)

So I very recently found this sport and I played by the rules today and won. The reason why I'm very happy is because I found a sport I love instantly and a sport that I could easily lose weight in as well as a sport I'm actually really good at (for a beginner anyways).

I bought myself a racquet and I think it's awesome. It's £15 but I love it all the same. It's called a Dunlop Aero TI.

So are there any Squash players here? Any tips you can give me? Do you like it or hate it?

I thought you meant the vegetable :(

I'm not coordinated enough to play squash, there was a court in my secondary school but I refused to wear the goggles and didn't get to play. It's cool you found a sport you're good at though!

Fuck Yeah, Squash! I love it.

It's one of the things that me and Ine/Ine and I do together. We're probably at about the same level, so the games are competitive and very fun. We play for an hour usually, with a tiny rest in the middle (for having water and wiping away our sweat).

It's a great game/sport. Really fun. Each game seems epic.

I know yeah. The irony is that I'm crap at all sports and have never won and yet I won three matches on what is known as one of the most active sports ever. Ha! Who knew?!

Anyways, I can really see myself getting into this sport and playing it for years. Don't ask how but I just can.

I used to play squash but then I broke two rackets in one week. Annoying as Hell.

So I very recently found this sport and I played by the rules today and won. The reason why I'm very happy is because I found a sport I love instantly and a sport that I could easily lose weight in as well as a sport I'm actually really good at (for a beginner anyways).

I bought myself a racquet and I think it's awesome. It's £15 but I love it all the same. It's called a Dunlop Aero TI.

So are there any Squash players here? Any tips you can give me? Do you like it or hate it?

Control the T. Always get back to the centre of the court, makes your life a hell of a lot easier. I would say I'm a pretty good squash player and when I play fitness comes into it a lot so if you don't have to do as much running it will make things better for you.

Serve high and deep.

I used to play it at school - it was quite a big thing with 5 leagues playing one day each week, and around 15 people in each league. I was surprisingly in the top one (about 10th). It's pretty much the only sport I've really enjoyed.

Unfortunately, I haven't played it in quite a few years.

Squash is great, It's all about the wrist action unlike say tennis which is all in the arm. Also if you watch the pro's it's all about the backhand down the left hand side wall, they always keep it there as far as i'm aware it's pretty damn hard to move the ball anywhere else as it's right against the wall.

And as previously said, get back into the middle ASAP.