NEurope
The Peeps

Heroes Mafia

Does Ando have the mind control power?

I have no idea what anyone is on about here so I'll try to get up to speed. In the write-up, someone hit rez with red energy which is mind control. It caused him to target the commanding woman, and he broke into her house and robbed her tv. So one person definitely targeted Rez in the write-up, Danny claims the concentrating man is him and he targeted Rez too, which means two targeted him. Rez is also certain Ando helped him out, and thus three people targeted him. Is that correct?

I'd thought about power-absorption, but seeing as it's the very first night, would they have the chance to mimic and also use that power?

Ah, never mind. I just remembered that it was Ted Sprague's radioactive power that made Peter explode.

Heroic, I don't think the red beam is mind control. The urge to go outside came before the red beam in the write-up.

OH! Wait, don't rule that out yet! Peter Petrelli could mimic other people's powers!

Also, Aqui1a, they could because I had a chance to do it on my first night in the Death Note mafia game.

Ok Dazz, but if it was Peter Petrelli, why don't we see two red beams of light? I think it's highly highly unlikely that Petrelli is responsible for the red beam lol..

So let me get this straight. There was you, Ando, an authorative woman, and a man barking orders? So, four people targetted Rez last night? That seems a tad unlikely, doesn't it? Made even more strange by the fact that the ones you put came out with (authorative woman, man barking orders) clearly aren't in the write-up. If only you know that it was Ando in the write-up, maybe you wouldn't have made such a silly mistake...?

You're on my suspicious list, Dannyboy. :blank:

No, no, no, you're completely messing everything up!

I investigated ReZ's mind. I'm Charles Deveaux, and I believe I'm the bald guy in the write-up. ReZ is obviously the ambitious man who is being forced to act against his will. This has to be the man barking orders at him. On his way to breaking into the commanding/authoritative woman's house, he is zapped by red energy, and we don't know who or what that is, but it apparently doesn't affect him - at least not his mind since I found no trace of it. When he breaks into the woman's house, she somehow gets into his head and tells him to stop. This I also witnessed inside his mind.

Now, would you kindly tell me who Ando is and how you know he's involved besides ReZ naming him?

Ok Dazz, but if it was Peter Petrelli, why don't we see two red beams of light? I think it's highly highly unlikely that Petrelli is responsible for the red beam lol..

Why would there be two? If he mimicked a power, it would be the power that he copied from the character so it would be normal. If their character has two, so will he. If their character has one, he will too.

I have no info to add, but I just want to say that Heroes is blatantly a fantastic theme for a mafia game!

Dazz, what I mean is, why don't we see two beams - one by Peter and one by Ando? It's quite a gamble to make, hoping that the original doesn't cast the beam too?

Also, Dannyboy, whatever you say, the point still stands. Both Rez and I strongly believe it was Ando who targetted him, so why didn't you pick him up in your investigation? Especially since he's not an evil character and has no reason to block any investigation.

Meh, I'll start this off because I really don't trust you... at least until someone can come up with something better.

Vote: Dannyboy

I've just checked Wikipedia and I'm really confused. Ando's red energy thing is a form of attack. Why would ReZ be thankful that someone tried to attack him?

It's clearly not an attack in this case though.. Primarily, Ando's power is used to amplify other people's powers, but it can also be used as a weapon to black people. By the beam not doing any damage to Rez, I think we can agree it's intended purpose is to Supercharge Rez..

So whoever ReZ is now, his power is supercharged thanks to Ando or Peter (I'm not ruling him out just yet).

Dazz, what I mean is, why don't we see two beams - one by Peter and one by Ando? It's quite a gamble to make, hoping that the original doesn't cast the beam too?

Also, Dannyboy, whatever you say, the point still stands. Both Rez and I strongly believe it was Ando who targetted him, so why didn't you pick him up in your investigation? Especially since he's not an evil character and has no reason to block any investigation.

Meh, I'll start this off because I really don't trust you... at least until someone can come up with something better.

Vote: Dannyboy

How the hell should I know why Ando didn't show up? :p I really have no idea why you think this makes me look suspicious. :heh: We see two people ordering ReZ to do something: One that makes him break into a house (who must be the barking man), and one who makes him leave the house - the commanding woman. These are the two I've observed messing with his mind. We see him get hit by red energy, but it also specifically says that he did not seem to notice, meaning it obviously didn't affect his mind, which explains why I didn't see it.

It's clearly not an attack in this case though.. Primarily, Ando's power is used to amplify other people's powers, but it can also be used as a weapon to black people. By the beam not doing any damage to Rez, I think we can agree it's intended purpose is to Supercharge Rez..

:bowdown:

So unnecessary.

Because Ando may not have targetted someone. It's simple. Peter may have targetted Ando and mimicked his power and Ando chose not to target on the first night because he didn't want to charge a mafia member because it could potentially do damage to the town. Either that or Ando DID target ReZ and Peter either mimicked someone else or there is no Peter or he simply did not target anyone.

If it is any help, I know that the woman telling ReZ to leave is Diageo.

Is it possible that Ando could be a townie roleblocker who failed because ReZ wasn't in control?

I'm sorry about the typo, hope I didn't offend anyone lol It's blast*

....racist! :p

I'm kidding! We love you really!

Wha? Ando developed powers in later seasons? Booo, he was one of the few normal, relatable characters. Please tell me Noah and Mohinder didn't develop powers, either.

Anyway, it seems clear to me that the people Dannyboy saw were in ReZ's mind, not necessarily there in the flesh, so someone mentally ordered ReZ to do something, and the woman entered his head and broke the control. Anyone else targeting him (like Ando) won't appear unless they also have mental powers.

NEWPOST: Appearing in Dannyboy's investigation, I mean.

Like I've already said, I've only seen season 1, and barely remember anything from it. I know Peter Petrelli can mimick powers, Hiro can do time manipulations, Claire can heal herself etc.. But things like a red blast which apparently comes from Ando, that goes over my head ;). It's good to see people asking about it, and other people explaining it, because these are not obvious things to everyone!

And jayseven, I agree.. I probably can't be arsed to give the show another chance and watch the other seasons, but it's great source material for a mafia game.

Anyway, I don't have anything to report. Well, I will say my power failed because --> not applicable, but that's all for now.

Anyway, it seems clear to me that the people Dannyboy saw were in ReZ's mind, not necessarily there in the flesh, so someone mentally ordered ReZ to do something, and the woman entered his head and broke the control. Anyone else targeting him (like Ando) won't appear unless they also have mental powers.

NEWPOST: Appearing in Dannyboy's investigation, I mean.

Exactly. There's nothing that doesn't make sense.

So would you please remove that vote, Aqui1a? There isn't even anything suspicious about me at the moment.