NEurope
Daft

Too Amazing

Had to post this. It's amazing. The dude who also breakdances. OMFGSOAMAZING.

Ugh. I tried to watch it. The skills are amazing. 2 mins in and every single jump that I had seen them do was amazing. Why do they have to punctuate it with such pretentious bullshit?

There's a moment at exactly 60 seconds where the first guy takes a deep breath and for a moment there's a glimpse of humanity and I thought the video was going to be good. The next couple of minutes are ruined by bright over-branded clothing, CGI and showboating...

I wanted to keep watching but that was just bugging me. If I'm going to watch parkour, I'd rather watch amateurs filming each other jumping over rooftops on handheld cameras.

Yeah, I might thieve that.

Ugh. I tried to watch it. The skills are amazing. 2 mins in and every single jump that I had seen them do was amazing. Why do they have to punctuate it with such pretentious bullshit?

There's a moment at exactly 60 seconds where the first guy takes a deep breath and for a moment there's a glimpse of humanity and I thought the video was going to be good. The next couple of minutes are ruined by bright over-branded clothing, CGI and showboating...

I wanted to keep watching but that was just bugging me. If I'm going to watch parkour, I'd rather watch amateurs filming each other jumping over rooftops on handheld cameras.

Yeah, it's got a real corporate look. Not nice. Like the end is just dumb. But some of the things in it are awesome, like the breakdancing dude (which is pretty much the reason I posted the video).

Plus, I practice in all the places the video was filmed so I get how hard it is to get over some of those obstacles.

Edited by Daft

Great use of music!

They're all cocks, the lot of them, what's with the fucking bullshit attitude?

Cool stuff, they've got skills, but nothing you won't see on the street anyday. 75% of the whole freerun/parkour thing is people random jumping over things with no real thrill. Few people really do it with gut, though.

Daft, you should do one of these videos since you practice in the same location. It would be much more interesting to the N-E populace.

Regarding the video, wouldnt it be cool if everyone navigated the city like that instead of ''walking''

As it happens I am making a video (or will be soon). It's for one of my university modules about space, place and architecture. Will definitely keep you all updated.

The plan for the video is to do one long course, so not just random cuts from everywhere.. We'll see how it turns out. It's going to be in first and third person. Will be interesting.

Great use of music!

They're all cocks, the lot of them, what's with the fucking bullshit attitude?

Agreed.

Cool stuff, they've got skills, but nothing you won't see on the street anyday. 75% of the whole freerun/parkour thing is people random jumping over things with no real thrill. Few people really do it with gut, though.

Well that's a weird thing to say.

Edited by Daft

Some impressive moves, but the demeanour of those involved makes me think a bail video would have been more entertaining.

Well that's a weird thing to say.

You know what I mean, it's awesome even when it's "normal" like on that video, it just isn't mindblowing. But when it's done properly it's much more engaging than that, Dafto! No?

You know what I mean, it's awesome even when it's "normal" like on that video, it just isn't mindblowing. But when it's done properly it's much more engaging than that, Dafto! No?

I think I get you. It's definitely much more impressive seeing it in real life, when it's being practiced/just done for the sake of it. Having it so constant in a video like that does normalise it somewhat and it feels artificial to an extent.

I was kind of just confused by this 75% figure you pulled out.

I agree the moves are pretty impressive, I was more concerned about the close up shot of how fucked the guys hands were, but I suppose it's to be expected.

This is freerunning, right? Parkour doesn't have all the fancy moves, but is only about getting from A to B as fast as possible, correct?

It didn't look real.

I assume it all is, it just didn't look like it. Which is quite strange. They all seem weightless.

The editing annoyed me. It was technically skilled editing, but so eye-shredding.

That's probably because it's pretty effortless for everyone in that video.

This is freerunning, right? Parkour doesn't have all the fancy moves, but is only about getting from A to B as fast as possible, correct?

Free running is just another name for parkour. There's isn't really a difference (considering I heard this from Sebastien Foucan's mouth, I'm going to go with it) although some people will tell you there is. The term 'freerunning' was initially used because people thought the word 'parkour' wouldn't catch on in England.

As for all the fancy moves...well, no that's not really parkour but then parkour has individual techniques and styles so it is and it isn't. Personally I'd say it's parkour with fancy shit thrown in. :heh:

This article should clear a few things up if you have time to read it. Le Parkour - An Overview

That's probably because it's pretty effortless for everyone in that video.

Free running is just another name for parkour. There's isn't really a difference (considering I heard this from Sebastien Foucan's mouth, I'm going to go with it) although some people will tell you there is. The term 'freerunning' was initially used because people thought the word 'parkour' wouldn't catch on in England.

As for all the fancy moves...well, no that's not really parkour but then parkour has individual techniques and styles so it is and it isn't. Personally I'd say it's parkour with fancy shit thrown in. :heh:

This article should clear a few things up if you have time to read it. Le Parkour - An Overview

But aren't the creators (including Sebastien Foucan) also in disagreement about the definitions and values of parkour/freerunning?

Well unlike everyone else, I found that video ace. If you can be that badass jumping across buildings like it's nothing then I think you're entitled to be a douchebag.

Orange and Green on movement, Lime Green and Red on defence, AND the Ultimates, and Avengers team abilities. Stun.

What ever you think of the people in the video you have to admire their athletic ability and strength.

Thanks for posting that Daft. I would use the thank you button, but I've done a ReZ and run out.

But aren't the creators (including Sebastien Foucan) also in disagreement about the definitions and values of parkour/freerunning?

Not in the way that parkour is one thing and free running is another. I think David Belle advocates real efficiency of movement more whereas Sebastien Foucan thinks everyone has their own way of moving. It's not that big a deal from what I understand.

What ever you think of the people in the video you have to admire their athletic ability and strength.

Thanks for posting that Daft. I would use the thank you button, but I've done a ReZ and run out.

Glad you liked it. Yeah, their strength is obscene. Just try hanging sideways off a lamp post! :heh: I really want to be able to do that one day. Just for the lulz.

Daft does parkour?

Yep. Unless that was a joke about me going on about it all the time, which I do and I'm sure/know it's annoying. Although the answer is still yes, I do. :heh: